Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inmate Questions

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lisa and my husband is on his way to prison. We are in Washington State. We just got married the 27th of September so we are not sure how things will work with him in prison. He was in prison before and I was his girlfriend then for about 5 years so things were different for us.

What I'm wondering is if he goes to Monroe or Stafford Creek how do EFV's work? Also, I can't seem to find any information at all on whether or not he can have a wedding ring and what are the specifics on that? Can it be engraved on the outside or just a plain band, is there a price limit on the ring, and those types of things?

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it a lot. I tried asking the prisons themselves but they didn't give me any specific answers.

Thank you.

Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome to Jpay! Congratulations on getting married but I'm sad to hear that your husband is on his way back to prison Since this isn't your first bid, you should know what to expect.

Have you looked around on the WA DOC's website for information about EVF's? I'm sure I've stumbled across some policy for those special visits before. You should check there. As for wedding rings, yes he's allowed to wear one. I'm sure it has to be a solid ring with no engraving on it. If he doesn't have one on now, you can go on Access for Wa State and buy a wedding band there for him.

I hope I could be of some help!
    "Just take it for what it is and embrace it"

Comment

Does anyone know how to find somewhere where I can try to find a ride to Stafford creek

Comment

Working...
      X