German letters = "gang signs" in Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German letters = "gang signs" in Ohio

In Ohio the German letters , , , , , and are considered 'gang signs' and my mail with a screenshot with these letters were censored. I wanted to my penpal how my address is properly spelled without alternative letters and I made a screenshot of my address and also included all letter capitalized and not capitalized. I don't know if the facility or the Jpay system censored it. If it was the facility, then I find it hilarious and ridiculous, if it was the jpay system then I don't wonder about anything anymore.

I would believe it was the prison facility, each facility can set there own list of words for the computer to catch.
    I always thought that if the system found words then a human was suppose to check the letter for the content to see if it was still okay to give to the inmate.

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

This is the screenshot, I covered essential parts of the address, because I don't want to share that much, but you see the letters. There was appearently another picture censored, where I am showing my penpal the German gesture of wishing someone luck, which is making a fist and pressing the thumb onto the fist, hence pressing the thumb or Drck dir die Daumen means I wish you luck. My penpal said it was censored because of nudity or something. It's kinda limiting when these innocent things are censored.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X