Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you hold on when you miss your loved one so much??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you hold on when you miss your loved one so much??

How do you hold on when you miss your loved one so much?? It's been less then an week and already I am feeling alone in the world and I know that is not true but that is the way I feel waiting for day's for a letter or a call!! How do you hold on in the end and what keeps you alive though all this?? I have recently herd from him but it's still very heard as commuication is so slow and his letters are mostly outdated when I get them.

Is there a song that decribes what your going thru??
    Last edited by missingalovedone; 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM.

• Fifi
    replied
    Yes, one day at a time, if ya can't do a day, then do an hour, if ya can't do an hour, do a minute and i8f ya can't do a minute, do a second cause anyone can do a second. We talk daily and i visit every visit we have. Our song is God gave me You because we had both prayed for Him to send us the right person in our lives and he did just that. We can email daily anhd we do twice a day,,. Weekendss are hard because we dont get thyem, but then Mon am we usually have 4-6 from each other. Yes, we tell each ohter how much we love each other every night cause he calls then. End each day with "Sweet and sexy dreams and sleep with the good angels and I LOVE YOU-Kisses and Hugs" TC&GB

Leave a comment:

• HeathLuvsMe
    replied
    Hmmm, song??? Last Dance, Garth Brooks...

Leave a comment:

• HeathLuvsMe
    replied
    *Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even they don't see them nearly enough*!* THANK YOU FOR THIS QUOTE!!! PERFECT WORDS TO HELP ME MAKE IT THRU TODAY-I THANK GOD I HAVE TO WORK THE WHOLE WEEKEND-I WILL MISS CHURCH BUT I WILL GO WEDNESDAY EVENING...GOD BLESS US ALL , ESP THOSE B JAIL , WE NEED YALL TO COME HOME safely & soon!

Leave a comment:

• ZoeyGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by missingalovedone View Post
    How do you hold on when you miss your loved one so much?? It's been less then an week and already I am feeling alone in the world and I know that is not true but that is the way I feel waiting for day's for a letter or a call!! How do you hold on in the end and what keeps you alive though all this?? I have recently herd from him but it's still very heard as commuication is so slow and his letters are mostly outdated when I get them.

Believe me.... We have all been there... It gets easier with practice.... Use all your tools to stay connected with with him... You will learn to love each other in a new way. Emails, cards, letters, pictures, reliving old memories, use this time to fall in love with him again!. And my advice is to only listen to the happy love songs lol we are already sad enough that our boos aren't with us!!!!. Good luck you'll come to a good place it will just take a lil time<3

Leave a comment:

• kyra1973
    replied
    How do you hold on when you miss your loved one so much??
    One day at a time is the only way I can deal with it.
    Alexander Oneal's- If you were her tonight.

Leave a comment:

• pams.cowboy
    replied
    I haven't seen my husband since 11/2/11. Each day does get easier and the strength he gaves me helps. I also keep a positive attitude now some days I throw it out the window and cry. but I really do try to stay positive.
    And begin able to talk to those of you on here helps alot.

Leave a comment:

• DonsGirl
    replied
    Some days are harder than others and the weekends seem to go on forever sometimes. There is alot of support on this site and as the others said, my man is what really holds me together. When I don't hear from him and I fall apart, the people and support here have NEVER let me down. We're here anytime you need us.

Leave a comment:

• Ellerie_Meridian
    replied
    Today missing him so very much.. I've used up all my advice I gave others.. I hate that the mail here didn't work due to a long weekend with a horrible delay as result.. I need to read his words..he knows I'm having a huge exam tomorrow and how nervous I am even though I've been working on it constantly! Everybody telling me "Break a leg!" "You go girl" "Good luck!" but just need to hear it from him..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We have been in16 months, its still just as hard as day one...i keep busy it makes the day go by but still dont make it easier...he is my motivation, our future is a part of that...he always reminds me that he will be home one day and we can live our lives...that alone makes hanging on til the end worth it

Leave a comment:

• NatalieWilliams
    replied
    Trust me it gets easier. I felt the same way too at first and still do at times but after awhile you do get used to it. There are letters to look forward to and visits. He also isn't going to be in there forever and if you think about how many years it will take until he gets out it makes it even harder. Take it one day at a time and try not to focus on how much time there is left to go. Try to keep yourself busy and find hobbys you enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• musser80
    replied
    I turned to God. I still cry everyday, but with everyday I know we are one day closer to this chapter being over. I go everyday and check the mail. Sometimes twice, just to make sure, the calls are good and bad, get to hear his voice, but only for what seems like a second. You will find one day is better then another. And reading and talking to everyone on here having similar experiences help! Just remember you are not alone, seems cliche I know, and hold on to the good memories! The day will get here. Good thoughts going out to you!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ellerie_Meridian
    replied
    You just do!! He is the one keeping me sane.. he always finds a way to reassure me,letting me focus on where WE are heading!
    Still.. sometimes I feel lost.. and then I read his letters.. read his fav book... listen to our songs.. anything that remotely brings me a little closer to him..
    But what keeps me strong is knowing that I'm not alone in this, he is out there too! He supports me every step of the way.. missing me and telling me over and over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X