Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any other mothers feel like I feel????

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramonsmomma
    started a topic Do any other mothers feel like I feel????

Do any other mothers feel like I feel????

I am new to this site and Im glad that my daughter-in-law told me about it because it is helpful to know that there are people that are going thru similar situations and can help you get thru this difficult time. I resently had my son taken from us and locked up. He was sentenced to 6 years. He is 18 years old, married with a one year old and his wife just found out a month ago that she is expecting again....so now I am trying to help her out as much as I possibly can and she has got a lot on her plate and I commend her for all the things that she is doing to keep her family together! We know this is going to be a difficult ride but we are going to try to ride it out together so that the kids can have a relationship with him and he doesn't become disattached to his wife or kids.
    It is hard to be upset with him because of the decisions he made to land him where he's at now but I wish he would of used his head and would of thought of all the consequences and everybody that is hurting because he is locked up. His baby girl misses him sooo much, she was very attached to her daddy.
    But as a mother, I have to be there for him, good or bad, I love my son and I will do this time with him and do what I can for him while he is away!

Does any other else feel the way I feel?? Please let me know,
    Thanks for listening :-)

• samson
    replied
    I also don't understand why they put level 2's doing short time in the same place as people who are doing life that have been reduced to level 2. The lifer's pick on the short timers because they have nothing to lose and the short timers don't want tickets so they can get their parole. There seems to be no common sense in this system. I get he did something wrong and he sure will pay. But geez.................

Leave a comment:

• samson
    replied
    Hi MaMa, sorry it took me so long to reply. They moved him to Ionia, so I go through Lansing westbound. Will be glad to help if I can. I don't really understand the transfers and why they do it. If I can help at some point I will. Six years is a long time and today has been a very rough day as I am sure it has been for you as well. How long is your son in for?

Leave a comment:

• MaMaJuJu
    replied
    Hi Samson...I'm new on this forum also. My son has been in Jackson for 2 years and just transferred to DRC in Detroit Dec 17. If ever you want to talk...message me. I am trying to find ride sharing from Lansing to Detroit. MDOC removed ALL JPay forums for MDOC...so members started their on groups on here.
    Good luck and keep hope alive. Your son...if he behaves will probably serve the minimum 6 years. <3

Leave a comment:

• Honestwitness
    replied
    Thanks for sharing your heartwarming story, Fifi. I have two sons in prison and hope to measure up in their eyes as your Mom-in-law measures up in your eyes.

Originally posted by Fifi View Post
    I have only been married since Feb. Of this year. I'm writing to honor my mom-in-law because her son( my hubby) has been in. prison for 28 years. She has stood by him with visits, Jpay money and phone calls all that . She has visited him monthly since he's been in. The only months she missed was when he was sent to Van to start a law library there. I admire her strength and devotion. She has lost her husband.mom, mom-in-law and others while he's been sent in. She has taken me in and treats me so well. Just such a lucky lady to have that kind of live in my life now. Wishing good for all you Moms and Dads and others who are facing life with someone inside. TC&GB

Leave a comment:

• Fifi
    replied
    I have only been married since Feb. Of this year. I'm writing to honor my mom-in-law because her son( my hubby) has been in. prison for 28 years. She has stood by him with visits, Jpay money and phone calls all that . She has visited him monthly since he's been in. The only months she missed was when he was sent to Van to start a law library there. I admire her strength and devotion. She has lost her husband.mom, mom-in-law and others while he's been sent in. She has taken me in and treats me so well. Just such a lucky lady to have that kind of live in my life now. Wishing good for all you Moms and Dads and others who are facing life with someone inside. TC&GB

Leave a comment:

• samson
    replied
    Life? I'm sooooo sorry. My son is 31 and serving 6 to 46 years in Michigan. Where is your son? I am new to this forum and find it hard to get a response or talk to people on the "bad days". Some days I am ok. Other days its awful. My son is in Ionia.

Leave a comment:

• wimbushannt
    replied
    I am a mom that has spent 14 years with my son in prison. It never get easy just bearable.

Leave a comment:

• samson
    replied
    Is there anybody still on this thread? I am a mom is struggling with a son who just got sent away for 6 years. Damn drugs. I am new to this and I see that Michigan does not have it's own thread. Still trying to deal with all the guilt.

Leave a comment:

• l3sli310
    replied
    you post made me Smile. my son is also in prison. Just arrived December 2012 with 7.5 years to go. He was arrested mothers day 2011..very emotional for me, he is my only child, but your words made me smile so thank you

Leave a comment:

• rozmataz
    replied
    I'd say the bipolar is the real culprit here. Saddest thing about our country: we criminalize mental health conditions and they go untreated. Of course, big money is made locking these people up without treatment. Join http://www.mothersofinmates.org/
    There are links about mentally ill people in prison. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• rozmataz
    replied
    cinsan58 - a life sentence for a 15-year-old seems excessive to me. Have you tried to get anyone to look into this? It is a shame if, as you say, the kid was with someone who committed the crime as an adolescent. The prison system is now taking his life when he didn't have an adult brain to figure out what was about to happen, etc. I encourage you and your husband to seek an advocacy group and try to get his sentence reduced. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• jchurch
    replied
    My son has been gone since he was 15 yrs of age and he is 20 now. We are finally waiting for the parole officer to come and inspect my home so he can finally come back to me. I have missed the last 5 years and can not wait for him to return,....Good luck everyone

Leave a comment:

• jchurch
    replied
    my youngest son was incacerated at the age of 15 yrs old. He spent 5 yrs of his life in an adult prision. after 5 yrs he was paroled and now we are waiting on pre release to decide when they have time to enter his file in the computer for his interstate compact. Now we have the waiting game. So as a mother of a child in prision I sure can relate to everyone.

Thank you,
    Kyle's momma

Leave a comment:

• Honestwitness
    replied
    This is one of the saddest threads I have ever read on any forum. Strangely, though, it is also one of the most comforting. I have three adult sons and two of them are behind bars. Son #1 is in the Iowa DOC for 20 yrs. He has only served 9 months so far. Son #2 is in county detention in Colorado. He has been there four weeks and awaits sentencing, which will take place in a few more weeks. He will likely get a long sentence, too. Son #3 is a law abiding citizen, but he and his wife and daughter live in the Pacific Northwest and I live in Missouri. I am so numb from all this that I can't even cry. I just hold it all in and my body is paying the price. I have a mysterious rash that three doctors couldn't diagnose. I have finally concluded it's just plain old stress.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X