Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any other mothers feel like I feel????

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY SON GOT 3years for driving without a license, i thought he would go to jail as he did break the law.....BUT PRISON? THEN HE IS IN THE WORST PRISON IN COLORADO>>>WITH MURDERS<RAPEST ETC.......I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND AND IT HURTS SO BADLY I CRY EVERY NITE.....BUT AT LEAST HE ONLY HAS 12 DATS LEFT...I THANK GOD EVERY DAY FOR HIS SAFTY......I FEEL FOR ALL OF U AS I KNOW HOW BADLY IT HURTS>>>>DARLA

Comment

I know how u feel i was in the same posistion

Originally posted by arizona's mom View Post
      mother's endure all and always love, my son went to prison the first time when he was just 18. It is really hard then because they think they are men but they have much to learn at that age. My son got out after serving 6 years and was squeeky clean and out of trouble for 19 1/2 years. Then.... She came into the picture, oh god how quickly he slid down the slippery slope to self distruction with that one! He refused to listen to me about anything, especially her! Now because of his choices to please her he is doing 3 1/2-7 years. He is 37 now, not a youngster anymore. He had a sucessful career and was on top of the world until she started fixing him. i am so grieved over all of this, i have been raising his son since his son was 7 mos old because his son's mother is a drug addict. He also has a daughter who lives with her other grandma. It is very difficult and i am so grateful this site is here because before i had my mother to help me through it all. She sadly passed away in 2005. So thank you from the bottom of my heart all of you.
      Arizona's mom
      i am soooo sorry because it takes one person to help them backslide

Comment

I understand. My son has just served his first year of a 35 year sentence. I does hurt and I understand being mad, sad and depressed at the same time.

Comment

Ladies, it is something that all of us are in together. They are our children and we will always love them. Our son got into trouble the week of H.S. graduation. That was two years ago. They finally sentenced him to 1 to 3 years in prison. He is 21 now. We have become closer as a family since all of this. We love him and support him and give him the strength to endure. I think if you can find some positives in the situation it is the best thing for everyone. I have cried so many tears in the past couple of years. I hate that he is in there but, I refuse to let it destroy him or our family. No way. It is hard on everyone but, failure is not an option. I send him emails every single day. He loves this and it keeps him pumped up and motivated. Just stay positive ladies. Your children will come home to you someday. God bless all of us.

Comment

Absolutely I understand my son did some bad things but he is still my child and I love him very much my son was sentenced to 18 yrs 6 are suspendable he's in Plainfield, IN. My heart goes out to you and I do understand your pain. I also lost my daughter 4 years ago and haven't quiet gotten over that either so I guess all we can do is pray that they learned their lessons and I will pray for you and your family as well. From one heart broken mother to another.

Comment

This is an interesting forum, and the first time I have ever spoken to mothers in a similar situation as mine. My son has had a rough time in his life, but I have stuck by him. His current situation is certainly unique and unfair, but it is what it is, and I am still there to support him.
              It is difficult to see him, since I live about 6 hours away from the institution. I find that writing is not the same, and miss him very much!!! As a family, we do not get to see his son, and that breaks my heart every day.
              On a positive note: my son is an artist, and now he is really developing his style of art, so I am very proud of him. I know we can get through this, and I do send prayers out to all the moms who are missing children.
              Stay strong!

Comment

Yes, I agree with allll the mothers/fathers on the forum because once we have successfully raised them to a mature age. Then, they go out and decide to get with the wrong crowd. Its not to much we can do, but love them for who they are and still, stand by them I hate the stupid choice our son did make, but I always remember my husband holding me saying, they are boys and sometimes it is a little harder for ''Us''...my husband put himself in there also, even though he is a man, he is a male. My husband continue to say that when they are tired, we are here for them. I couldn't do nothing but say, ''Your right''. Every1# of our sons need to work it out for themselves as we will maintain our loyalty and love for our sons that are away ''Rockyj''

Comment

Ur welcome for listening & Welcome to JPay! Tho I am not a mother, I am the fiance' of an inmate. It is hard, but as a team & as the JPay Family we have grown into, we can help each other get thru this. It sux and it makes us upset because they never seem to think about the consequences or who it affects, but all we can do now is pray for their mental health and well being while they are behind that wall, as well as hope that this is a lesson learned. As long as they know you are with them 150% of the way then you are half way thru this process. MwahZ! & Good Luck to you and yours. xoxoxoxoxox
                  Last edited by MzSlugga; 10-18-2010, 08:53 PM. Reason: Had 2 say just a lil more....
                  The 1 & Only Lady Slugga!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris'mom View Post
                    I too am new to this-I have my oldest son who is 21 yrs old just get sentenced to 6 yrs in prison. I am mad, sad and depressed. Three emotions that don't miss well with each other-they will suck the life out of you. I look around and realize that he has two other brothers here that need me and that helps me everyday. He too has a son which I can't see because I choose to stand by my him in prison. His ex-wife wants me to walk away from my own son-i could never do that even at his worst. I try to see my grandson on holidays but all I can do is walk up to the door knock and drop off his presents. Maybe one day he will be old enough to search me out himself. I pray for that everyday. My son is in RDC right now so I have no idea where he is or where he is going. This is very hard not knowing. Well, thx for letting me vent. At home I am the strong one that holds the whole family together-I don't cry they think.
                    My heart is breaking for you ... my ex daughter-in-law sounds just like yours.

Keeping a child away from his grandparents is just wrong.

God bless you, I hope things get better for you.

Comment

Don't ever feel wrong

He is your son and if you, the one person who chose to bring him into this world gives up on him, then what does he have left. We all want the best for our chldren but the best we can do is set good examples and give advice, talk, let them know you do not condone their actions, but unfortunately they are the only ones who can make the decesion for their actions. We are mothers and love and support is the only thing we can do for them at this point in their life. I too, have a son who got 5 years and is waiting to go. It is like a death sentence for me because I am so afaide that I will not live to see him free again. He is my life, my heart and I know that I am taking this a lot harder than he is. Just pray and be there for him.

Comment

My son got 5 years, I feel like I am the one who got the sentence. I will be there for him no matter what.

Comment

my son was convicted and sentence to 5 to 10 yrs i'm believe my son when he says he is inocent he does not lie to me he tells me everything no matter how bad it is that is why when they asked him to pled out the case for prob he said no and he wanted to go to the malit so he couldn't have that on his record to go so he had a pd who did nothing but screw him and lied to us all not just my son so see i know the pd lied and did nothing he said he was going to do so i i'm behind my son and i would still be there for my son if he would hve done it so i see where you are a mothers love i'm still looking to find him an attn free or very cheap cause we are poor

Comment

Originally posted by toni thompson View Post
                            my son was convicted and sentence to 5 to 10 yrs i'm believe my son when he says he is inocent he does not lie to me he tells me everything no matter how bad it is that is why when they asked him to pled out the case for prob he said no and he wanted to go to the malit so he couldn't have that on his record to go so he had a pd who did nothing but screw him and lied to us all not just my son so see i know the pd lied and did nothing he said he was going to do so i i'm behind my son and i would still be there for my son if he would hve done it so i see where you are a mothers love i'm still looking to find him an attn free or very cheap cause we are poor
                            how can anyone think we as mothers would do anyting else for any of our children

Comment

hi im new here also have a 21 year old son in jail it is killing me inside i know deep down he is a good kid but keeps making bad decisions i just pray to god that this is his way of saving him from something worse happening i always told him to do the right thing and stay on the straight line but they think we dont know anything all i can say its so hard being away from him and trying to function and take care of a family no one knows what you are going thru unless they are there so im glad i found this site to relate to others who know what im going thru.

Comment

Hi acer welcome here. There is a lot of love and support here and also a lot of Moms here too.

Comment

Working...
                                X