Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any other mothers feel like I feel????

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any other mothers feel like I feel????

I am new to this site and Im glad that my daughter-in-law told me about it because it is helpful to know that there are people that are going thru similar situations and can help you get thru this difficult time. I resently had my son taken from us and locked up. He was sentenced to 6 years. He is 18 years old, married with a one year old and his wife just found out a month ago that she is expecting again....so now I am trying to help her out as much as I possibly can and she has got a lot on her plate and I commend her for all the things that she is doing to keep her family together! We know this is going to be a difficult ride but we are going to try to ride it out together so that the kids can have a relationship with him and he doesn't become disattached to his wife or kids.
    It is hard to be upset with him because of the decisions he made to land him where he's at now but I wish he would of used his head and would of thought of all the consequences and everybody that is hurting because he is locked up. His baby girl misses him sooo much, she was very attached to her daddy.
    But as a mother, I have to be there for him, good or bad, I love my son and I will do this time with him and do what I can for him while he is away!

Does any other else feel the way I feel?? Please let me know,
    Thanks for listening :-)

Yes I have a son in prison and is doing two years and it has take lot out of me and his dad. He has three childeren and a wife that are going throught alot also cause one is in college, and one guaduating this year and an 9 grader. He is in for provation vilation. He been in since 09-23-09.

Comment

hello there i feel ur pain my son is gone also he is 17 he only got 18months but it feel like a lifetime to me they are sending him so for away i want to pack up everthing and move but i just pray and trust god to get us all through were is your son?

Comment

ramons momma.. yes we all feel that way these men our still our babies my son just turned 20 has been in since he was 17 and its hard on all of us.. your on the right path as sticking together as a family, no time to be angry for the mistakes our children have made and with gods will hope that they come out better men and know that not only they are the ones serving time,so is the family.. my heart goes out to your daughter in law , yes she has alot on her plate but sounds that she has a strong women behind her(you).... god bless your family i will keep you in my prayers..

Comment

Hi there and welcome...I am new here too but am learning very quickly that I am not alone...I too have my only son in prison (MyOneSon) that's what we call him...they gave him 10 and has been in almost 3 years...he too has a daughter who he misses more than anything else...but unfortunately, her mom will not let her have anything to do with him anymore and now she wont even let us have contact with her...I pray everyday for him and know that God is protecting him...he is 5 hours away so I can only go everyother month which is so hard but luckily now he can call us atleast 8 times a month for 15 minutes so that is wonderful...all we can do is Pray for our children and stay strong as they are trying to be...
          God Bless...
          Missing MyOneSon!!

Comment

YES IT IS REALLY HARD AND i WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT IT GETS BETTER AND OR EASIER BUT I WOULD BE LYING TO YOU..( SO I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT ) BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT LETTING HIM KNOW THAT YOU LOVE HIM & THAT YOU ARE THERE NOT ONLY FOR HIM BUT WITH HIM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY EVERY DAY.. WILL ONLY HELP..
            Last edited by hisangel; 10-06-2009, 04:09 AM. Reason: SPELLING
            Some Say It's Fantasy Or Fairy Tale That Our Love Together Is Not Real / Yet Were Still Together After All these Years

Comment

Hello there, Im new to this... I've read the blogs and posting but never had the "courage" to write but I feel maybe this can help me cope... I have my husband who has been there for almost 15yrs and is currrently waiting on a decision from the parole board...we have only been married for 4 1/2 years.. ..I just wanted to ask for some support.. we have a great family and both of ours support our decision to get married (even in these circumstances) . I just hate this waiting game.. its been a month since he as seen the IPO and still no answer. Any suggestions? I've tried calling, sending the letters.. I just feel so helpless.......
              Together we can accomplish anything

And by that I mean GOD...

Comment

I too am new to this-I have my oldest son who is 21 yrs old just get sentenced to 6 yrs in prison. I am mad, sad and depressed. Three emotions that don't miss well with each other-they will suck the life out of you. I look around and realize that he has two other brothers here that need me and that helps me everyday. He too has a son which I can't see because I choose to stand by my him in prison. His ex-wife wants me to walk away from my own son-i could never do that even at his worst. I try to see my grandson on holidays but all I can do is walk up to the door knock and drop off his presents. Maybe one day he will be old enough to search me out himself. I pray for that everyday. My son is in RDC right now so I have no idea where he is or where he is going. This is very hard not knowing. Well, thx for letting me vent. At home I am the strong one that holds the whole family together-I don't cry they think.

Comment

This is my first time here my son is serving 32 years and has been gone now 4 years this has not been an easy journey alone thats how I felt till I read some other letters here, God Bless and Thanks

Comment

yes it is so, so hard. for me on the one hand i want to be there for my daughter and on the other i want to beat her A$$ for the stupid choices. its all a balance and you just do the best that you can. my family is very disappointed in her...i think its different when girls go to prison...they are held to a different standard in my family..but how can i not be there for her? I just do a lot of praying and hope time flies...for ALL of us.
                    i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart )<3

Comment

My son is also in prison. He'll be out in Jan but the time away from his daughter is the hardest on him and us. Like the woman before, my son has no contact with his daughter and we are not allowed any contact; God bless your son's wife for being so strong and you for supporting them in every way. I tried to be supportive of my granddaughters mother in every way I could but she just pushed us all away and now my grand daughter is missing out on so much love. Hopefully things will change once my son is out but in the mean time, know there's nothing stronger than God's love for you and your precious family and if He saw you to it He will see you through it. God Bless and Happy Easter

Comment

A Mother's Love

Mother's endure all and always love, My son went to prison the first time when he was just 18. It is really hard then because they think they are men but they have much to learn at that age. My son got out after serving 6 years and was squeeky clean and out of trouble for 19 1/2 years. Then.... she came into the picture, oh God how quickly he slid down the slippery slope to self distruction with that one! He refused to listen to me about anything, especially her! Now because of his choices to please her he is doing 3 1/2-7 years. He is 37 now, not a youngster anymore. He had a sucessful career and was on top of the world until she started fixing him. I am so grieved over all of this, I have been raising his son since his son was 7 mos old because his son's mother is a drug addict. He also has a daughter who lives with her other grandma. It is very difficult and I am so grateful this site is here because before I had my mother to help me through it all. She sadly passed away in 2005. So thank you from the bottom of my heart all of you.
                        Arizona's Mom

Comment

Originally posted by Ramonsmomma View Post
                          I am new to this site and Im glad that my daughter-in-law told me about it because it is helpful to know that there are people that are going thru similar situations and can help you get thru this difficult time. I resently had my son taken from us and locked up. He was sentenced to 6 years. He is 18 years old, married with a one year old and his wife just found out a month ago that she is expecting again....so now I am trying to help her out as much as I possibly can and she has got a lot on her plate and I commend her for all the things that she is doing to keep her family together! We know this is going to be a difficult ride but we are going to try to ride it out together so that the kids can have a relationship with him and he doesn't become disattached to his wife or kids.
                          It is hard to be upset with him because of the decisions he made to land him where he's at now but I wish he would of used his head and would of thought of all the consequences and everybody that is hurting because he is locked up. His baby girl misses him sooo much, she was very attached to her daddy.
                          But as a mother, I have to be there for him, good or bad, I love my son and I will do this time with him and do what I can for him while he is away!

Does any other else feel the way I feel?? Please let me know,
                          Thanks for listening :-)
                          I think we all feel the way you do. I have a son and I will be ther good or bad I love my son. So you are doing the right thing. Welcome to jpay. I hope you find alot of people to vent to. This is a great place and there are alot of people to talk to. Good luck.

Comment

It doesn't matter at this point what your son did. This is where unconditional love comes in to play. We love our children but the proof comes when they have done things wrong. Its the defining moment that proves to our children we love them. You are not alone and standing by your son is what God intended us to do. God chose you to be your son's Mother, He knew you would be strong and stand by him. Keep doing what your doing one day all this will be over. And you will have made the difference.

Comment

Brand New

I just logged on to this site. I like it already. My son just left for 6 years in Indiana. I used to feel so bad about his being in and out of jail, but now I am just sadmom21. Prayer is the rock that keeps me steady. God will take care of him. Just keep on believing. Your son or daughter or husband or whatever the relationship will have to believe for themself. Keep yourself strong and be there for them. God bless you all.

Comment

Working...
                              X