X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOK6104
    started a topic Soon To Be Caregiver of Incarcerated Mother's Newborn

Soon To Be Caregiver of Incarcerated Mother's Newborn

I met this young lady in Tarrant County Jail, through my daughter. She is pregnant, due in September and desperately needs a "new environment" for her soon to be newborn son. Her biological family, mother, father, brother, sister are all in an impoverished, drug addicted lifestyle and I agreed to take custody of the baby to prevent the child from starting out in this world around that kind of life. The incarcerated mother has come clean with me and shared all of her criminal history and wants to change. This I know, is on her. And, I am willing to "support her change" through any and all means necessary, as long as the "old life" does not enter into mine/the newborn's. I will not allow any child in my care to be surrounded or influenced by this type of lifestyle - if I have anything to do with it. With that said, I want to be prepared for this young man's arrival - what should I expect, if anything, from child services or healthcare. Since I will only have temporary custody until the mother is released, I want to be sure I take advantage of every service offered for this young man, to include WIC, healthcare, counseling, ANYTHING. This baby deserves everything my husband and I have to offer and more. Please let me know whats available, and where I should start, so I have all my ducks in a row. All 7 of our children are grown and I am a happy, healthy Gammy with 6 loving grandchildren. My plan is to take the role of Gammy with this young man, and give him every opportunity to be loved, educated and safe in his start in this world. Any information would be helpful. Also, anyone that knows the process of how I actually receive the child after birth would be great. Thank you!

• Texasgmom
    replied
    Bok what a wonderful person you are, like an Angel from heaven come to care for this innocent little child. God Bless you thru all this and I hope and pray the mother truly takes advantage of this opportunity to change her life for not only herself but her little child.
    God bless you all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just pray that she will take this opportunity to better herself and give this baby a wonderful and safe life! God bless you and your husband for reaching out to them both! Not everyone would be willing to help someone else unless they were family!

Leave a comment:

• magtag210
    replied
    I am so glad you are able to give that sweet baby a good start. I admire you.Babies are a gift.

Leave a comment:

• helen1961
    replied
    Thats wonderful news. Your in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• Smoov's Sweetie
    replied
    God Bless you and your husband for being a support to this woman and her child. There aren't many people in this world who would step up and be "that village". It sounds like the baby is doing wonderful!! The news of his momma coming home is great too. I will keep all of you in my prayers!!

Leave a comment:

• BOK6104
    replied
    Just an update on our wonderful baby boy! The young woman had the baby on September 7 and I took custody of him on the 9th! We drove over 4 hours home from Galveston, Texas and it has been a wonderfully, blessed 17 days! Got his Medicaid, got him on Wic, he's been to two Doctor appointments and besides being smothered in kisses and love, he is doing wonderfully! His mommy made parole! She is currently being transferred from the hospital unit to a unit near Gatesville, where she will parole from. I just spoke to the parole people in Huntsville, and we are awaiting the Parole Plan to be verified, so they can issue a Certificate of Release. I guess then we will find out what the date of release will be. Mommy will be coming to my home for parole to be reunited with her beautiful son and hopefully start over in a different environment. I have a listing of Non Profits from Diana777 I've already contacted so I can get the young woman setup for her GED, counseling, and employment - unfortunately they are not the most helpful as they want her to reside at their facility or halfway house. So I'm tredging thru it. But, we have a plan and will continue to seek assistance from anyone. If anyone has additional info for me to get lined up for her, I'd appreciate it. We, as a society, should assist those who truly want rehabilitation, to cut through the red tape and barriers, to allow them a chance for success. It is then, they have a chance to be a productive member of society - instead of a statistic.

Leave a comment:

• Diana777
    replied
    If you need more, let me know via private message. I think I only sent you half of what I have.

Leave a comment:

• BOK6104
    replied
    Thank you for your support!

Leave a comment:

• BOK6104
    replied
    Thank you so much for the information. I will contact all of these organizations and see what is best for our situation. Fabulous! I appreciate your help!

Leave a comment:

• Diana777
    replied
    I have tons of info in D/FW area as I just happened to work on that this week for my friend's friend. Check Inbox.

Leave a comment:

• DonsGirl
    replied
    Welcome to JPAY - I wish I had some information for you but I don't. I'm however sure somebody here will. I just had to say I think what you're doing is WONDERFUL - God bless you, your husband, the baby and the baby's mother. I wish you all the very best.
    Originally posted by BOK6104 View Post
    I met this young lady in Tarrant County Jail, through my daughter. She is pregnant, due in September and desperately needs a "new environment" for her soon to be newborn son. Her biological family, mother, father, brother, sister are all in an impoverished, drug addicted lifestyle and I agreed to take custody of the baby to prevent the child from starting out in this world around that kind of life. The incarcerated mother has come clean with me and shared all of her criminal history and wants to change. This I know, is on her. And, I am willing to "support her change" through any and all means necessary, as long as the "old life" does not enter into mine/the newborn's. I will not allow any child in my care to be surrounded or influenced by this type of lifestyle - if I have anything to do with it. With that said, I want to be prepared for this young man's arrival - what should I expect, if anything, from child services or healthcare. Since I will only have temporary custody until the mother is released, I want to be sure I take advantage of every service offered for this young man, to include WIC, healthcare, counseling, ANYTHING. This baby deserves everything my husband and I have to offer and more. Please let me know whats available, and where I should start, so I have all my ducks in a row. All 7 of our children are grown and I am a happy, healthy Gammy with 6 loving grandchildren. My plan is to take the role of Gammy with this young man, and give him every opportunity to be loved, educated and safe in his start in this world. Any information would be helpful. Also, anyone that knows the process of how I actually receive the child after birth would be great. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X