This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angelag@wowway.com View Post
    well I am new to this forum I need suggestions to help deal with two daddys girls 14 months apart. the 14 year is finally crying and opening up, she now feeling the loss of father more now then 3 yrs ago. I believe she is very angry, she feels so embarrassed, and ashamed. Only her closest friends know why father is in prison. but those who dont she will be mortified if they find out anything.the financial situation is getting harder to make ends meet. she is a beautiful and talented girl and wants everything her friends have. but now hearing I cant or no or I will try but sometimes are not able to do those activities. she now yelling at me and everyone she cant waite to become 18 years so she can leave and be independant, she hates the rules, she wants to drive now, she fights and beats up her sister everytime there together.... she yells she hates her life..... the 13 year old slams doors and internalizes everything she is getting thinner, never wants to be home, crys when dad calls, holidays and I believe she hides the fact dad is incarcerated she is my sensitive girl and I also have 18 year old special needs son and he says he misses dad, and reminds me daily hes old enough to visit him but with his special needs he doesnt comprehend the situation and he says hes the man and tries to bully me at times, I just cant win here some times, but my heart is so broken by the kids statements some times. I wish I have a majic wand to make every thing ok for us.
    Sounds like you all need some outside help to deal with all that is going on in your life.This is a lot on an adult then factor in children.Trying a mental health place they may help or maybe your clergy.i hope things get better for you i have raised four teenagers and its hard.

Comment

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have two girls at home myself. They are so involved in school activities and are such confident smart girls but would just die if certain people knew where their dad was. They are really having a hard time with the financial part also. It is so hard to tell them no when you know they are going through so much. I feel it has been good in someways for me and my girls coming from a very stable financial situation with the big house and fancy cars. We have realized what we have wasted money on. That things really don't matter as long as we have each other. Don't get me wrong they still want it all but they seem to understand better the words "not right now". We have been able to bless so many people in life and now we are on the end of receiving the blessings. It is hard but so humbling knowing how it feels to be that person recieving the gift of a blessing. Although this has been the hardest thing i have ever done in life I have learned so much about myself and I hope my girls can see the changes it is making in our lives. Good Luck and I will be praying for you.

Comment

I know what you mean, our Dad and mom are very close and been together 17 years. There's 5 of us girls that are Daddies girls and when he left for 3 years omg, we about died and they wont let us see him because he went to prison because him and my mom got into a huge fight over this lady trying to break them up and move in with Dad. There's a no contact order that the courts put on him against my mom n they wont lift it even though they both dont want it and so we dont get to see him at all and we are dying without him. The baby was under 2 when he left and she's over 3 now. She still runs to the door saying Daddy? It's aweful for all of us and even my mom cries all the time. It's not getting easier but the church we go to is really taking a lot of the burden off, so I suggest getting some support from others who will help keep you and the kids occupied and your minds off him. I'm so sorry you are going through this though.

Comment

so i dont exactly know how to handle mi "step dad" being in because its all super new to me. he went in way before mi mom got with him and i call him mi step dad now but i just take it day by day and i write when i can. cant wait for the day he gets out!!

!!Cant wait for Daddy Bobby to come home!!

Comment

I have an eleven year old daughter, her dad got sentenced three years, we are not in good terms so I am unable to take her to visit him. She crys and she misses him so much. His family is on his visiting list and I was trying to compromise with one of his sisters to take her to go see him. Well it did not turn out that way so my baby girl is sad. This makes it so hard and its heart breaking to see her sad.

Comment

about 3 years ago i started dating a guy who had custody of his younger brothers due to their parents having passed. we ended up having a child together and my son saw him as daddy too. well in feb of this year he was sent to jail for messing with a 14 year old girl. needless to say now i have all 4 kids still. the older ones know whats going on, they helped testify against him in court. the babies dont really know much at all. ive just told them that daddy left and wont be back around. its hard playing parent to 2 kids that have no relation to me but i cant let them fall into the system. as for the little ones i dont know that they will ever be able to know thier dad. but as for now im all they need and as they grow they will learn the truth when they can understand.
              You are always in my heart and on my mind.

Comment

Working...
              X