Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel Tree (for a Prisoner's young Children)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel Tree (for a Prisoner's young Children)

Angel Tree: Prison Fellowship's Angel Tree ministry serves the children of prisoners by giving them gifts on behalf of their incarcerated parents and by surrounding them all year long with a loving community.

Here's how it begins: In early fall, incarcerated dads and moms can sign up to have church volunteers deliver gifts to their children at Christmas (volunteers contact the at-home parent or caregiver to make sure that's okay). The Christmas gifts are presented as being from the mom or dad in prison-assuring the children that they haven't been forgotten! The parent in prison is the one who has to sign the children up, so if you'd like your kids to receive gifts delivered by caring volunteers, encourage your incarcerated loved one to contact their prison chaplain about Angel Tree.

For more information on Angel Tree, click here or contact our National Angel Tree Support Center at 1-800-251-7411.

I live in El Paso TX and back in 1997 I was a single mom trying to make it on my own with 2 kids trying to teach them that life is not about what your possessions are but who you are as a human being and a friend of mine asked me if I would help him and his mom with a project from church. I did and it turned out to be the Angel Tree I saw many things and my kids learned that they were rich just by having a roof and a loving family with them. I lost track of my friend cuz he moved out of state but this experienced stayed with me I looked for the Angel Tree and no one knows what I am talking about maybe you all can help me find it again here in El Paso TX I would love to deliver those presents again.
    I asked God to spare me pain. God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me...

Comment

Originally posted by mami liz View Post
      I live in El Paso TX and back in 1997 I was a single mom trying to make it on my own with 2 kids trying to teach them that life is not about what your possessions are but who you are as a human being and a friend of mine asked me if I would help him and his mom with a project from church. I did and it turned out to be the Angel Tree I saw many things and my kids learned that they were rich just by having a roof and a loving family with them. I lost track of my friend cuz he moved out of state but this experienced stayed with me I looked for the Angel Tree and no one knows what I am talking about maybe you all can help me find it again here in El Paso TX I would love to deliver those presents again.
      Hi Mami liz!

The information you seek is under Texas here in the Forum under The Post TIFA Website!

Hope This Helps!

JPay Service
      Help Link
      JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

My husband did 5 years on a 7 year sentence and was released in 2001. However he just recently signed fro 15 years. We now have a 4, 6 and 7 year old daughters. They understand where he is and why, and that he loves them. However they have been fighting the evil's of CPS for the last 3 years of their little lives. They are with my mother now, but have been in many foster homes. I just don't know how things will turn out and am scared to death with him being gone for so long this time. We have been together fro 23 years. I love my children adn him so much. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Thanks for that info mrsgoo, I was going to post it closer towards the end of fall. For those who are skeptics trust me it's legit and they have real nice gifts too!! My man has something sent to my son every year (not suppose to though, I think it's biological or adopted children only, not sure about step-children) but where there's a will there's a way and some how he has managed to get my son on the list every year!! He told me he will let me know when he gets out, doesn't want to speak it over the phone for it to be overheard.

Anyway, like mrsgoo mentioned, the inmate has to sign up for it and you should receive a call from the angel tree people to confirm everything and to see if you approve of it since some parents don't want any communication between inmate and child(ren). For the life of me though I will never understand why a mother would keep the father from being in their child's life, no matter what the situation unless he abused or molested them. Having something under the tree from daddy and to see the smile on their little faces are priceless!! My son grins from ear to ear and last year asked my man "did they let you out to go Christmas shopping?" Of course my man and I fell out laughing!!

Comment

my son has 2 children w/ his wife and also her 2 children.
            he doesn't accept for his 2 children because they won't include the 2 oldest kids.
            he raised them nd is their dad.

Comment

I love angel tree i just picked are two kids today my ex did it once for our son and since it is so cool they do it for the inmates kids i am extra into it so i try to do two or three
              Posted via Mobile Device
              STILL STANDING STRONGER THAN BEFORE

Comment

The angel tree is a great thing. My husband puts our children on it, so for the past three years they have gotten something from their dad. That means the world to them.
                Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

My son's angel tree visit

My husband's church does the prisoner childrens angel tree, ironically he delivered presents three years ago. The church is a biker church so they all showed up on bikes. My two year old loves bikes and he loved it, he got three toys, then they even included my daughter who has a different father. It was pretty cool, but a little humbling, and they gave me a check for $100, and my insurance payment was due so it went to use. That's a pretty cool program, I plan to contribute when my husband gets out.

Comment

I wish I would have heard about this program before now. But I know for this Christmas

Comment

Thank you to all that do the angel tree

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all that do the Angel Tree. My husband of 30 years was arrested Oct 08 and sent to prison June 09 for 8 years. As you can see we are up in our 50's, but at the 50 year mark we adopted 3 very youg boys. This year a friend put their names on a Angel Tree and it helped me so much this year. You see I am trying to get my disability after working over 30 years of my life, but because I quit work to be a foster mother then adopted the 3 boys I can not get my SS disability and am now trying to get SSI. Thank you all for the help you give others.

Comment

I loved the angel tree program. They give out really nice gifts that my son likes and then he feels like his dad sent him something for christmas.
                        You see an inmate I see my mate that is in

Comment

when i was a kid, my mom signed me up for the angel tree. it was great for me! it made my christmas all the better just knowing my mom was thinking about me. i would love to help or donate to the angel tree. someone let me know how! peace

Comment

Wonderful program all around

Comment

My husband has been in prison sence 4/2009 and he does angel tree every year for his son and daughter it's a wounderful program and our children feel so loved knowing daddy was able to do his for them eventhough he is where he is I know for a fact he appericates the program and to all the volenters thank you for making this possible for our two babies and all the other children out there go through a ruff time with one or both parents not in there lives do to being incarcerated again thank you and god bless you so much....
                              He will always be my one any only..................

Comment

Working...
                              X