X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother is also in prison I work 2 jobs so I send him $25 every Friday

Comment

I send my hunni what I can... try to do 40$ a week or so. His restitution and fines are paid. We spend a lot on phone time... which his mother used to pay for untill this round. Do what you can they are gratful to get anything.
      Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. Its for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. Its for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they dont see it nearly enough.

Comment

Hi,
        I am eldest in my caviling and we are two brother and 1 sister. So i have to send money to my brother's study every month. So Anybody can tell me the secure way of sending money.
        foreign exchange

Comment

how much to send?

i send my brother 300.00 on the 3rd of each month and another 100.00 for bday and xmas or if he needs something extra and lets me know

Comment

I send my son between $40.00-$45.00 a week. I have a part time job so i have to budget myself. Anyway he told me to send what I can and I can say he knows how to manage his money.

Comment

I send 100 every two weeks. I also order all his writing material except stamps of course. I can't afford to send him more but I try to make sure what money he has is just for food and hygiene items.

Comment

$300 a month?! Why would he need that much? I have a friend in prison that has only mentioned that he needs new shoes......never asked for money. He does work (and receives .30cents an hour) Says that most of his needs are met. Confused as to why anyone would need so much money per month.

Comment

I send my brother 30-40 every two weeks.. And order him a few things online as well. He knows I do the best I can and he never asks for anything and never complains. I like to make sure he has goodies since they aren't fed lunch on the weekends.. He is a big guy and gets hungry. lol

Comment

Wow 300. per month that's a lot 3600 a year. i hope you claim him on your taxes.

Comment

Go to Jpay.com and you need a debit or credit card. It will lead you thru the process and you can send them money to their account or you can opurchase estamps which are reasonable-50 for $10.00 and now you can even go for 100. One page is a stamp and it tells you how many you use to mail it that time. They both work out well for my Hubby and i can send him what he needs when I have extra money. his Mom usually sends him $50.00 a month and a little extra for b-day and Christmas. Good luck. TC&GB

Comment

Hi I was wondering how you order the writing material? My sister just went to Muncy yesterday... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PennyReaser View Post
                          Hi I was wondering how you order the writing material? My sister just went to Muncy yesterday... Thanks!
                          if it is Muncy PA,you can only send money for them to buy writing paper ,pens,and envelopes.At least that is what they do in Camp Hill and any of the other ones I have read about in PA. They get 8 free envelopes a month. You have to buy materials at prison. I put money on my son's account so he can buy things. he is allowed to spend $35 a week . He has been using the jpay letters I write him for writing papers as it saves on paper.

Comment

OKay. Thanks. What do you mean about useing the Jpay letters to save on paper? He uses the paper that your emails come on to send you back? Do you no what kinds of things they need in there? Like toothbrush,shampoo,soap, that kinds of things? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I send my brother anywhere from $25 to $60 per month. Our other brother sends him money as well. He only asked for money for a radio once but we keep sending him a little money here and there just so he has it if he needs it. I wish he could email us back when we email him, instead of us emailing him and having to wait on him to send us a letter via the postal system. Texas prison are seriously messed up when it comes to letting the prisoners have a couple basic freedoms. We can't even send him anything in the mail. We can either put money on his account through Jpay or buy books from Amazon and have Amazon send the books straight to him. Other than that we can't give him anything. I remember when people could used to send their family members cookies, cards and just about anything else and nobody got hurt doing it either.

Comment

Wow! Everyone on here is very generous. I usually send my brother about $25 every two weeks. He sometimes asks me for extra money for shoes or something and I send it if I can. I have to admit I sometimes worry about how he is using the money. On his first stint I am pretty sure he used it for nefarious things, but this time I think he is using it responsibly. I know my brother is having a hard time in prison, but I can only do what I can!

Comment

Working...
                                X