Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We send my brother Steve, no less than $100.00 a month, and some months a bit more. Sure, he is always wanting us to send more for he is like the worst person to budget even before he went in. He has 6 more Winters to practice and we hope he will get the hang of it pretty soon. We sure would like to get mail throughout the entire month not just the first two weeks of each month; never buys enough stamps or paper. He has also picked up smoking again so we know where his letter money is REALLY going, LOL.

Comment

they wont even let me send my sister money on jpay.were in ohio...so does the mail in jpay really work here in ohio...im not sure how to use it..i dont even kno if she can call me b/c i only have a cell phone...

Comment

i sent my first $20 this past friday the 28th to my brother who is incarcerated and im here thinking when he gets it??

Comment

My brother askz 4 money 100 but he is in the hole n that last him the whole money. I really dont worry about the money we send to my brother if he is using to for drugs in my eyes I'm the giving him money to help him out and if he is using it for drungs in the end I will find out cause his drug habbit become more expensive

Comment

My brother was inside 23 yrs. I sent him $50.00 a month, he earned $15.00 a month working... He learned how to budget. I would send more at times like b-days and such. I got his food boxes on the website provided by ORDC, paid for his calls home. Total 50 in cash 30 for calls and 2 times a year food boxes about 100 each time and clothes box2 times a year about 50 each time..enough is enough. I live out here and have a home and family. I didn't put him there...learn to live on what we generously give.

Comment

I just sent my friend $20 through JPay. Does anyone know how to find out if they received it? He'll probably be mad I sent it, he doesn't know I was going to. I wish I could do more, but I do what I can. I just want to make sure he actually gets it. Thanks!

Comment

my brother wouldn't allow me to send him any money :/

Comment

My brother is in Neveda State Prison. Is there a website I can go to buy things like books food ect. over the internet for him. I'v looked and I get no where

Comment

Hi there,
                    My name is Megan. My little brother was recently arrested and is now in Prison in Oregon. He also has a drug problem. I am trying to figure out what I can send him while he is there and also how much money he needs on his books. I DO NOT want to put enough on so that he has access to drugs but i do want to make sure he is taken care of while he's there. I was wondering if you have found any information about any of this. Any help would be appreciated. thanks so much

Comment

I heard that inmates are only allowed to spend 80.00 a month..but i dont know if that is for all prison units..but the one my babydaddy is at is only allowed to spend 80.00 a month..so i send him like 60 a month...hopefully this helps

Miya Woods

Comment

I don't know how much they are allowed to spend, i recently found out my man's great aunt was has been sending him $20 a month, and he works with it, has enough to write me 6-8 times a month write his aunt and still have a little something to have some food at night, but i know that he does a lot of drawings, cards and stuff to trade when he needs something. I have recently told his Aunt not to worry about sending him anything i'll be sending him $40 a month (more when i can) to take care of him till he comes home.
                        Keep your head up

Comment

Does the money follow them

My brother left the county with money on his books will the money go with him or follow him after? How long will he have to wait. He went back on a parole violation. My husband is a new commitment, will the same apply to him with the money?

Comment

my husband was sent to delano can I send him stamped envelopes and paper, do you know if his money from the county jail will follow him to prison?

Comment

Originally posted by fchina8 View Post
                              My brother left the county with money on his books will the money go with him or follow him after? How long will he have to wait. He went back on a parole violation. My husband is a new commitment, will the same apply to him with the money?

yes it will, it does take some time though. like a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by fchina8 View Post
                                my husband was sent to delano can I send him stamped envelopes and paper, do you know if his money from the county jail will follow him to prison?
                                it may be different from place to place, but in Texas you can NOT send stamped envelopes. but you can send blank envelopes and paper if you buy them from an approved vendor. And yes, the money will follow him to prison.

Comment

Working...
                                X