This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much money do you send to your sibling monthly

I have a brother who is incarcerated. He calls monthly asking for at least $100. How much is enough and how much is too much monthly? He had a drug problem. So, I am not sure if he is still usig drugs while incarcerated.

my brother is in prison and he always ask me to send 50 dollars cuz he says if you send anymore than that they will take it for restitution

Comment

I send email postage stamps to my bro.we stay in contact and he is working in prison I know he doesnt make alot so it helps to send him the stamps.I also believe that he wouldnt listen to anybody to not get put there,he decided he knew what was best.Its not fair for the family to pay for the crimes of the people they love.I geuss I am just saying I would not send any money at all... if he would of used the head on his shoulders instead of the between his legs, there wouldnt be a problem at all.I cant afford to give money away. he has asked so he could get a tv or other things but i just cant find it in my heart to help him like that. Ill offer him a shoulder and my wife will help with his paperwork and she doesnt want to but because he is my bro she does.Its diff for everybody you will just have to decide for yourself but if there was a drug problem before he went in theres likely to still be one.Unless of course he decided he was done and wanted to be responsible for his self ,and actions. Only you can decide what is rite for you to do.Good luck and i hope you and everybody else can live with the decisions they have to make.its hard on all of us

Comment

I send my man 50.00 every two weeks. He tells me what he buys and I am glad I can help out. I do know everything over $2,000.00 is used for restitution.
        THIS CORRESPONDENCE
        IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
        WITH AN INMATE OF
        THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
        OF CORRECTIONS

www.prisonersmakingadifference.yolasite.com

Comment

Ohio has been actively getting restitution for court fees. Anything over $15 amonth is sent to the court until their fees are paid. It also depends on what you can afford to send - we have to keep us going and a roof over their head when they come home.

Comment

We send my brother $30 a week. That is for food and hygene products. Is your brother in prison or jail?

Comment

well i spoil my man becasue i can afford it i would be very cautious if your brother had a drug problem he will most likely put any esxtra after hygene to drugs if he is usung again. i send my man 180 to 200 a week but that becasue they take 20 percent for his restitution and we spend atleast 100 a week on phone time, just send him what you are comfortable with and what you cana fford, he will be happy with anything you are able to send him im sure

Comment

Originally posted by ladyredd View Post
                my brother is in prison and he always ask me to send 50 dollars cuz he says if you send anymore than that they will take it for restitution
                hi good morning.. not sure how this works but I know My Brother sent me a letter useing this jpay site.. I'm trying to locate him and send him Money but I cant find him.. do you have ways to find siblies... if so could you help me.. hes In n.k.sp Delano, ca [/COLOR]

Comment

Hello, Andela Marie.
                  If your brother is in North Kern State Prison in Delano, CA, you can get information from the California Department of Corrections web site. Go to: http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Prisons/index.html

Click on Inmate Locator. There is a phone number there for the Identification Unit. You will need to have his full name, Date of Birth, and his CDC ID #. But it sounds like you may not have his ID number. If not, you might be able to write to the prison and ask them to have him write to you with this information.

While you are on their web site, you might want to check out Visitation Info and other information there. I hope you can get things straightened out so you can write to him and maybe send some money. He will likely need some. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Comment

hi i dont speak english very well but my brother is recently inmate in Federal Detention Center (FDC) in Miami wait fro trial, so i want to send himsome money to calls and mails and meals but i dont how, they said for wester union but i oready call and they said i need a american credit card and i am in mexico how i can send him money and how much its ok and what he have to pay in there??? thanks

Comment

Fer, why don't you try to make a payment through JPay? We are in Germany and JPay is for us the easiest solution to send money to our friend. All you need is a credit card, which does not have to be an American credit card. (Ours is registered in Germany.)

Comment

I send my brother $300 a quarter. He admitted that it's usually gone in the first 6 weeks but that's his problem. He couldn't manage money on the outside and he can't manage it in prison. I send him the money because I believe it is what my mother would want me to do if she were still alive. But he has brought such shame to our family I will never forgive him. I feel like a patsy because I also spend quite a bit on his three granddaughters. He'll never get out but dont have a clue where he would go if he did.

Comment

exactly. I send my man $20 a week. It will be more once I'm not paying my ex anymore. Kansas takes 10% of everything that is sent in and puts it in a "forced savings" account. Basically that is an account that the inmates cannot use, but they get that money when they get out. It's kind of a good idea. makes sure that they have something when they get out.

Comment

if you are in mo you can go to this web site and it will tell u ever thing you need to know it is modoc offender search or just put the state your brother is in and it should help you

Comment

To Destiny, be careful not to send to much at a time. My brother is in Cotton facility in Jackson, Mi. I know that if he gets over 50 dollars a month they take the rest for restitution..Maybe he is trying to get his paid down, so he wont be responsible for so much when he is paroled.. A look at the bright side , hopefully he is not using again..

Comment

Working...
                              X