+ Reply to Thread

Thread: calls and cards

Default calls and cards

My friend is at SCCC. can we send the greeting cards from a store? Like you would buy at WalMart or Fred Meyers.
    what calling plan do you have for phone calls?
    thankyou, so very much...
    Last edited by misspatti; 10-25-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: didnot add a word

You can send greeting cards and post cards. They cannot be blank, layered, padded, laminated, have music, glitter, ribbons, etc..

As for calls, use Value Added Connections. You can set up an account for him to call you at myvconnect.com. You can set up an account for him to call anyone at debitcalls.com.

Hope that helps!

Ive sent 20 postcards that were blank and he got them no problem plus ive also sent a card that had glitter on it too.

Veteran Member

I send my cards from MOONPIG.COM or just buy from Hallmark and my husband is in Texas and they get in no problem

I am sure this depends on the facility. My husband is at the same facility as misspatti's friend. What I posted was straight from the mail policy and personal experience. You are always welcome to give it a try, worst thing they will do is not give it to him.

Thankyou for the replies.I am going to call vconnect and set up an account because now i am paying $4.95 a call. I finally sent a few pictures BUT i sent them in a padded envelope because it was all I had. they gave him the pictures but NOT the envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by misspatti View Post
    Thankyou for the replies.I am going to call vconnect and set up an account because now i am paying $4.95 a call. I finally sent a few pictures BUT i sent them in a padded envelope because it was all I had. they gave him the pictures but NOT the envelope.
    You will end up paying ~$3.66 per call with vconnect. Glad to hear he got the pictures!

tommyg1337 NOW I AM CONFUSED because it said the plan was $20 for unlimited minutes. i understand we have to go with the prison rules but thought we could talk 7 days a week for $20.00

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay
    AS THE FIGHT GETS HARDER, I GET TOUGHER!!!!

tommyg1337 NOW I AM CONFUSED because it said the plan was $20 for unlimited minutes. i understand we have to go with the prison rules but thought we could talk 7 days a week for $20.00
    You saw that info on myvconnect.com????

I went to myvconnect.com. Several choices came up. I looked at them and then went with Prison Call solutions. Unlimited minutes- $20.00 amonth. NOW WE WILL SEE. there is a set up fee. MAY ONLY GET 1 PHONE CALL...lol

Interesting. Let me know how that works out. I would much rather pay $20 per month.

Here is the latest on phone calls. I changed to PRISON SOLUTIONS- the plan is unlimited minutes for $20.00 amonth. finally talked to a person and got it set up. they gave me a different phone number for my friend to use. there is also a fee to the prison . this fee was $25.00. everytime he calls me the prison takes .25 from the 25.00. SCCC ok,d the number. I figured if he calls me 20x amonth I will only be paying $30.00 in calls verses $100. When he calls tonight we will see what happens.EVERYTHING IS SUPPOSE TO BE IN ORDER...

Please keep me updated!!!!

Here is the latest on phone calls. I changed to PRISON SOLUTIONS- the plan is unlimited minutes for $20.00 amonth. finally talked to a person and got it set up. they gave me a different phone number for my friend to use. there is also a fee to the prison . this fee was $25.00. everytime he calls me the prison takes .25 from the 25.00. SCCC ok,d the number. I figured if he calls me 20x amonth I will only be paying $30.00 in calls verses $100. When he calls tonight we will see what happens.EVERYTHING IS SUPPOSE TO BE IN ORDER...
    yes, please keep us updated, i am currently paying over 100 a month on my land line and if this is works i would much rather use that!

I looked it up on BBB. They have a good rating, but lots of complaints. It would be great to hear how your experience is. Thanks!

Default tonight

Quote Originally Posted by tommyg1337 View Post
    I looked it up on BBB. They have a good rating, but lots of complaints. It would be great to hear how your experience is. Thanks!
    tonight will be the first night...will keep you posted...

tonight,Michael called and within 5 minutes the phone was disconnected. He called back again. We talked for 20 minutes. We wanted to talk longer so he called back. this time VAC said my funds were running low. I will have try and call tomorrow and see what is up... Sure wish i had read the reviews before i switched,

That's what is weird... bad reviews, but a good rating on BBB.... hopefully things work out ok.

THIS IS A SCAM. stafford Creek doesnot accept this company. Talked to VAC and they will put the balance of the $25.00 on my account, $ 6.25. where did the rest of the $25 go-- the number Prison solutions gave me was a number they bought.

DO NOT DO THIS,

THIS IS A SCAM. stafford Creek doesnot accept this company. Talked to VAC and they will put the balance of the $25.00 on my account, $ 6.25. where did the rest of the $25 go-- the number Prison solutions gave me was a number they bought.

DO NOT DO THIS,
    i am sorry that this has happened, but thank-you for giving the rest of us a heads up

DO NOT DO THIS,
    Too good to be true I guess. Sorry for your troubles. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just talked to a person at Prison solutions. I wanted to cancell my contract. there was alot of phone noise in the background. the gentleman i talked is-was a very good sales man. He said why i lost money from the $25 was because the prison blocked the number i was given. NOW he was going to send over documents to VAC and then the number would be unblocked.the number was a local number from Verizon. Said it happens all the time and he justs wants to save me money. I AM SO PARANOID that I say I WANT TO CANCELL. He said OK and there will be no charge to your credit card.

who do you use ? a wasted day off BUT WORTH IT. DONOT DO THINGS AT MIDNIGHT ON YOUR PC...lol

i know misspatti already fixed her problem, but there are 2 different web pages with very similar names....the one wa doc uses is myvconnect.com.....the one that has choices and is probably a scam is called vconnect.com...be careful everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information