+ Reply to Thread

Default TX Inmate Commissary :(

I went to EcommDirect to look into sending my Baby a surprise package of snacks and stuff. However there is a notice saying she can only have deposits at this time. I don't understand why as she has been on her unit since the first of the year. I know she had caught a small out of place case in her dorm but she's off commissary restriction since she wrote me a couple weeks ago saying she'd gotten her fan and made a good store.

She has mentioned a couple of times since about a lockdown that was coming and I can only assume it's the bi-annual unit shakedown. Would that stop an ecomm purchase as I know they can't leave the dorms. If that's the case I hope she made one more store before hand. I hate to think she's having to eat Johnnies 3 times a day.

You can only send food items every three months or once quarterly. If you've sent her something in that time frame than you can only make deposits on her account until your next quarter. Hope that helps you.

That's just it I haven't sent her any ecomm's . This would have been the first one. That's why i was upset by the deposit alone message. I haven't sent her one and her family ... well let's just say our daughter and myself are all the family she has left... so i know they wouldn't have sent her one.

If the unit or any part of the unit is on lockdown it will be blocked. And sometimes it can take a few days after the unit is up to be unlocked. Hope they come up soon!

"I don't want the whole world The sun and moon and all their light I just want to be the only girl, You love all your life"

Veteran Member

You can spend $50.00 per quarter. It can be divided up into different times. I sent my Son a lot of soup and things before they went on lockdown and then he was moved the next few days and had to give it away.

After sending an email and getting an unsatisfactory reply, I called Murray unit and spoken with an official there. Everything is good on the unit's end i.e. shes not in trouble, is eligible for commissary and ecomm's ,and the unit isn't locked down. The officer was very courteous and helpful and gave me the number to directly ecomm. The young lady i spoke with was very helpful and checked everything twice and Misty should be good to go. However the young lady kept digging until she found that a file that updates that tells ecomm whether an offender had a purchase made or didn't hadn't been received and updated yet. So that appears to be the problem. She told me to try again in the morning and if I have the same issue to please call her back. So overall I am impressed with both the officer at the unit and the customer courtesy official with ecomm as both showed courtesy, professionalism and efficiency to help resolve the problem.

oops... i meant to say a file that updates whether an offender had a purchase made or dint have one made over the weekend hadn't been received and updated.

Veteran Member

Glad you got help and that you were treated with decency. That agency and it's staff rely on us for income and it is best to be helpful. Hope that issue is resolved for you and Misty soon gets her package.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information