+ Reply to Thread

Question Phone question. ..

Besides Securus..can anyone let me know of any other phone services that are legit as well... cause my husband also tells me that ican use my cell#?? Any info on that. ....

MzSnow

Quote Originally Posted by MzAgg713 View Post
    Besides Securus..can anyone let me know of any other phone services that are legit as well... cause my husband also tells me that ican use my cell#?? Any info on that. ....

I use my cellphone and the billing is through securus but if you log into Jpay and go to add money to a prepaid phone account. There it'll tell you to register which will take you Texas Prison Phone or something like that. You can print out a paper and mail it in or call the 1800 number. I opted to call in Bc it goes faster after they call your phone provider with you on the line they will register you and it take up to 72 hours. The calls are 20 minutes $5.20 a call and cheaper if you talk less time and you get a monthly phone bill instead of being added to your cellphone bill. I hope I have you enough information

Super Moderator

Here is the Texas Friends and Family link info so you can register your cell phone - it has to be a contract post paid cell phone (can't be cricket, boost mobile, etc). Make sure you have your cell provider info. ready when you call. Also, Securus is the only provider for TDCJ. Once your phone has been approved,Texas Friends and Family will automatically send that info to them - it takes a day or so for Securus to input all your info, then you can call Securus at 1-800-844-6591 from your cell phone and set up your password info and also set up an online account if you wish (you can pay your bill quickly and easily, check your balance, etc) Hope this helps
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information