+ Reply to Thread

Question Please tell me.....

Dear Warden Bell,

My boyfriend was recently transferred to your facility from Nueces County. I searched the Internet for a couple of hours on Sunday looking for information about your facility. Specifically, I was wanting to know the process for sending money, the mailing address, and phone services for an inmate incarcerated at this facility.

Well Sir, I found information about the MTC Corp. http://www.mtctrains.com/

I found information about the East Texas Facility.
    http://www.mtctrains.com/public/uplo.../East%20tx.pdf

I did not find any information on the MTC websites regarding funds, mail, or phone services for an inmate at the East Texas Facility or any other MTC facility.

However, I did come across this website, http://forum.jpay.com/texas-doc/1356...y-henderson-tx, with a lot of comments from other people looking for the same information, as well as comments providing the information about these services. But one person said this:

"My son was just transferred there (SAFP) and told me that I would be able to emessage him via JPAY but there is not a "mail" tab at my account page. Does anyone know about this place as for as emessaging? Does he have to be there a required amount of time in order to get email? He also said that he would be able to call my cell phone but from everything I have read that is not so...does anyone else have someone located at ETTF? Any information is greatly appreciated...thanks!"

Someone else said this:

"I remember seeing on the JPay site when I signed up that if you don't see a "mail" tab when you log in then your loved one cannot received Emessages at that particular facility. Hope it all works out for you."

Another said this:

"My husband is there now. He actually just graduated the program 2 weeks ago. They can not receive the emessaing but they can call your cell phone. The phone company is CTI-972-964-7010. He also said he hated it there and it was worse than any prison. He says the guards try to push your buttons."

And someone else said this:

"My boyfriend is an inmate at the ETTF. I have some info for anyone who needs it. There is a prepaid phone system on the unit. The contact number for that is 1-888-288-9879. You can purchase minutes as low as 25$ - 100$ over your Visa or MasterCard. There is no J-pay email/money system at this unit. You must do everything the old fashioned way. By post office for mail and money orders to send money. The address to write is P.O.BOX 8000 Henderson, TX 75653. I am not sure of the address to send money because it is different than the one I just left. I do know the mail in this facility does not reach the inmates in a timely fashion. I don't know why. But I wrote a letter almost two weeks ago and he has not received it yet. The mail going out doesn't seem to have any delay."

Due to the lack of information provided on the MTC websites and the conflicting information provided on the JPAY forum website, I called ETTF on Monday morning. I was immediately placed on hold for two minutes, then a woman came back on the line, and I told her what I was wanting. She then asked for the inmate's TDCJ number and name, which I gave to her, and was placed on hold again.....for 10 minutes. I then hung up.

I called again yesterday afternoon. The woman who answered listened to my questions about services, but instead of providing me with what I perceive to be "standard information", she asks for the inmate's TDCJ number and name. I provided it, again and then she transfers me. I get a woman's voice mail (I should have wrote the name down, but didn't.), so I leave a message.

Since I didn't get called back, I called this morning. Here we go again!

Sir, please tell me.....Why is it necessary to know the inmate's name and number when I am simply asking for information that pertains to everyone who is incarcerated at ETTF?

Sir, please tell me......Why the woman that I spoke with earlier today couldn't find my boyfriend using the same name and numbers that I provided yesterday?

She told me that she couldn't help me unless I provided the correct TDCJ number and then said, good-bye. I then called the TDCJ Offender Status line to verify my numbers, which were correct. I then called ETTF back. And finally, after 6 long distant phone calls and another 2 hours of my time, the phone was answered by a woman who supplied me with the following information.

A money order and only a money order with the inmate's name and number on it should be sent to:

Inmate Trust Fund
    P. O. Box 8000
    Henderson, TX 75653

Mail should be sent to the address above with the inmate's name and number on it.

A calling card for phone services can be purchased by the inmate at commissary or pre-paid phone service can be set up by calling PCS at 1-800-483-8314.

Sir, please tell me......Why MTC and the ETTF are making a difficult time for loved ones, even more difficult by not simply providing this information on their websites and/or providing this information to whoever answers the phones?

One other thing before I close....Sir, please tell me if the information above for services at your facility are correct.

I sincerely thank you for your time.

Veteran Member

Wow - good for you!! Some units make it so hard to help your loved one, though studies show that those who have outside support do the best once released. I hope you get a reply - let us know. We all need to fight for our loved ones!!
    "What's meant to be will find a way."

Default Please tell me....

Thanks, I will keep ya'll updated. I sent that yesterday afternoon; no response as of yet. If I don't get a response, I will be forwarding on to MTC Corp.

Default Response from Asst. Warden David Hudson

Dear Ms. Anthony,

I’m Assistant Warden David Hudson. I have been assigned to address your complaint as stated in your email. Thank you for bringing the problems you experienced to our attention. I apologize for any inconveniences our staff may have caused during your attempt to obtain genera information pertaining to your friend or love one. In response to your questions;

1. We don’t accept JPay.
    Money Orders for those offenders who do not go through Huntsville’s Inmate Trust Fund should be sent to:
    Inmate Trust Fund
    PO Box 8000
    Henderson TX 75653

2. The offender mailing address is the same as above.
    Offender John Doe TDCJ # 1234567
    PO Box 8000
    Henderson TX 75653

3. Access to phones is explained to all offenders during their orientation process. Offenders are required to have a pin number before they can participate in this service. They usually receive their personal pin number three to five days upon arrival. They may purchase minutes from the facility commissary or family/friends may purchase minutes through Global Telephone Link their contact number is 1-800-483-8314.

4. Our mail room staff is required to insure the offender’s mail is delivered within 24 hours upon receiving it. We have received mail from the post office which was several weeks old. We have addressed this issue with the local post general office and we believe they are diligently working to resolve this problem.

Please bear in mind it is necessary to know the offender’s name and number in order to determine his/her custody due to the different types of offender programs we offer; and depending on which program the offender is assign could affect how commissary, mail, and phone privileges, are done.

I will insure our staff is familiar with these general questions in order to best serve the public. If you have any additional questions regarding your friend/love one don’t hesitate to call or email me.

Thank you,

Assistant Warden David Hudson

Veteran Member

An aswer? That's good but not so easy for ya. TC&GB

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information