+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran Member

Post Re-entry Info. & Documents

Across my research I came across this. I don't know if it helps or not but I love sharing:

Reentry and Integration Division
    Reentry
    Reentry Program

The Reentry and Integration Division (RID) has a voluntary reentry program that is offered on multiple units within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. This program assists offenders in preparing for a successful return to the community. Reentry Casemanagers conduct a pre-release assessment to determine an offender?s pre and post release needs. Casemanagers develop a reentry plan in cooperation with the offender, community providers and family support systems. This program is designed to address offender needs in nine areas that have been identified as keys to successful reentry. Those nine areas are as follows:

Identification
    Housing
    Employment and Education
    Health Care
    Substance Abuse
    Transportation
    Clothing, Food, and Amenities
    Financial Resources
    Support Systems

Eligibility criteria for the Reentry Program include:

Must have a FI1, FI2, or FI3R vote with a target release date within 6 months.
    No active ICE or felony detainers (excludes State Jail detainers).
    Must plan to reside in Texas upon release from TDCJ.

In the event offenders need additional assistance with reentry services upon release, they can call the RID toll free number, 1-877-887-6151.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/division...y_program.html

Reentry
    Identification Document Processing

The Reentry and Integration Division (RID) orders certified birth certificates and replacement social security cards for eligible offenders.

Eligibility criteria for initiating the identification document process includes:

Must be within 2 to 6 months of projected release
    Must not have any active felony or ICE detainers ( excludes State Jail detainers)
    Must be a legal resident of the United States

If an offender meets this criteria, a Reentry Casemanager or other designated unit staff will contact the offender to discuss their individual document needs. The following provides a brief overview of document ordering eligibility:

If an offender?s driver license is eligible for renewal after release, they will be sent a letter noting their eligibility status. An application for a birth certificate will not be completed for them since the driver license is eligible for renewal.
    If the driver license is not eligible for renewal due to expiration or infraction issues, a birth certificate application will be prepared and submitted. If the offender was born in Texas, the agency will cover the cost of the birth certificate. For offenders born outside of Texas, the offender or family will be responsible for covering the cost.
    An application for a replacement social security card will be prepared and submitted for any offender meeting the eligibility criteria.
    The identification documents will be provided to the offender at time of release from incarceration.

In the event the documents are not provided to the offender at release or at their first parole visit, they can contact RID at their toll free number or by mail.

Toll Free Number 1-877-887-6151

8712 Shoal Creek Blvd. Ste. 280
    Austin, Texas 78757

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/division...rocessing.html
    We're together...we're happy...and even though TDCJ is behind us, I still support my jpay friends!

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JP0619 View Post
    Across my research I came across this. I don't know if it helps or not but I love sharing
    Thanks for sharing!

Yes it sure does help...

I remember Threads where Members were talking about their loved ones doing paper work for birth certificates and social security cards, and since not all inmates have to do this paper work there were some questions as to why or what was going on ~Now We Know~

Thank You JP the information is helpful. I did speak with a person there today and as you stated if there is not enough time to get things done before they leave, you can call there services when the offender/Loved Ones get home.
    determined23

Veteran Member

You are most welcome! I am just happy to help!
    We're together...we're happy...and even though TDCJ is behind us, I still support my jpay friends!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information