+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran Member

Default New TX Laws With TDCJ & Parole

Well ladies, it's that year again. The time when State Legislation meets and start the whole process to pass new laws/legislation for TDCJ, Parole and/or Criminal Justice. I'm really thrilled. I hope this year it will be better, different and more change for those who have loved ones in TDCJ and/or on Parole/Probation.

I found that someone my mother works with is on the Criminal Justice Committee so I will try to touch base Monday and see if I can volunteer and work with them. Plus, I hope to attend committee meetings and see what happens. I'm very, oddly, active with the whole legislation and hope to keep everyone posted.

Weird, I can't get rid of TDCJ or Parole or Probation despite my love being home. I can't talk much about TDCJ with him but I can with you ladies and that means a lot to me. *hugs*

That's great!!! Hopefully the new laws will change our system for the better and positively impact all of our love ones who are incarcerated. I am surely going to be like you tomorrow. Love one home, but still heavily involved in this site and TDCJ. lol

Veteran Member

Thanks JP for keeping us updated on the new laws for TDCJ. I hope the laws are better. We definitely need a change...

Veteran Member

Just saw this post! Hoping for some new laws/rules that will benefit our loved ones. Can't wait for an update. Thanks for your hard work!
    Home since March 20, 2014.....

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by JP0619 View Post
    Well ladies, it's that year again. The time when State Legislation meets and start the whole process to pass new laws/legislation for TDCJ, Parole and/or Criminal Justice. I'm really thrilled. I hope this year it will be better, different and more change for those who have loved ones in TDCJ and/or on Parole/Probation.

I found that someone my mother works with is on the Criminal Justice Committee so I will try to touch base Monday and see if I can volunteer and work with them. Plus, I hope to attend committee meetings and see what happens. I'm very, oddly, active with the whole legislation and hope to keep everyone posted.

Weird, I can't get rid of TDCJ or Parole or Probation despite my love being home. I can't talk much about TDCJ with him but I can with you ladies and that means a lot to me. *hugs*
    It's good you are doing this - I would love to be involved but fear retaliation for my hubby so I wouldn't do anything until he is home. It's amazing how before he was incarcerated I assumed prison's weren't fun places but they were fair. And I had no idea how they overcharge for so much (especially phone calls) and place such a burden on families. Now I know better - something has got to be done. Bless you for taking it on!
    "What's meant to be will find a way."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jen62 View Post
    It's good you are doing this - I would love to be involved but fear retaliation for my hubby so I wouldn't do anything until he is home. It's amazing how before he was incarcerated I assumed prison's weren't fun places but they were fair. And I had no idea how they overcharge for so much (especially phone calls) and place such a burden on families. Now I know better - something has got to be done. Bless you for taking it on!
    Thank you! I've been involved since he was in TDCJ. My husband always encouraged it and I just did it. I know there's no way that they will retaliate. They don't even really know who's who in the political world unless you say something but even then you're dealing with public officials that really have nothing to do with TDCJ on the offender level. However, I can understand your concerns. *hugs*

Hi JP, I would like to know how to become involved with the laws and bills being introduced to the legislation. I would love to make a duerme and see changes for our loved ones in TDCJ.

Let's make it a great day! !!

Yup, same here, hubs is home and I still keep coming back to this website. Its good to share what only we can relate to....

Veteran Member

This is great! I'm so glad that everyone has such a heart for being involved in the most powerful way that we can. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the Sunset Review - not just for TDCJ but EVERY agency that has to answer to us and is under our authority for direct accountability for their actions as our representatives and those who carry out the law as we vote for it and entrust them to do so. Also, the parole board has monthly meetings at the regional level that are open to the public where you can interact directly with parole voters and have a forum to ask questions and discuss what's important to you. They're specifically for us as well but the public rarely attends them.

Here's info!

http://www.sunset.state.tx.us/ <--- that's the Sunset Advisory Commission website. This year they're auditing the Texas Dept. of Aging and Disability Services and some other agencies I can't remember off the top of my head.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/mediasvc...oming_meetings <--- There's the meeting schedule for the board of criminal justice, it's updated regularly and they're open to the public a couple of times per year. There are other meetings that are also more regular and open to the public as well I just need to find the link to the schedule and I'll post it.

Thanks again for this post your intelligence is really helpful and appreciated!!!
    It's only half past, the point of oblivion. The hour glass on the table, the walk before the run. The breath before the kiss, and the fear before the flames. Have you ever...felt this way?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information