+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Inmate Commissary

Ok so I have been trying to order my hubby something's all morning and for some reason the website is closed. Does anyone know what's going on with the site or am I the only one having this issue?????
    Last edited by TexasDust; 02-26-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ilovewoodard View Post
    Ok so I have been trying to order my hubby something's all morning and for some reason the website is closed. Does anyone know what's going on with the site or am I the only one having this issue?????
    They may be doing updates since they were behind due to the holidays.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 02-26-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Love is not only for the good times but also for the bad.

Mrs. Rivera

Ok thanks I thought that was kind of strange for it to be closed but hopefully they will have toothpaste and deodorant

Veteran Member

Ok thanks I thought that was kind of strange for it to be closed but hopefully they will have toothpaste and deodorant
    I ordered one on the 2nd and they didn't have any.

Mrs. Rivera

Thats just sad I have been trying to order toothpaste for the past few weeks and they don't have it my husband just sent me a letter saying he is almost out.

Veteran Member

Thats just sad I have been trying to order toothpaste for the past few weeks and they don't have it my husband just sent me a letter saying he is almost out.
    Yeap, when I ordered the care package they did have a hygiene pack for women that had deodorant so I'm not sure why they don't have it for men and toothpaste is just ridiculous that they don't have any.

Mrs. Rivera

Veteran Member

No toothpaste or deodorant for my son either. Is there away to find out if they received there care package.

The great deodorant shortage of tdcj is insane!!!

Veteran Member

I just tried to access the site and got a message it's down for maintenance.

Yes, a shortage of toothpaste and deodorant is ridiculous. My son said they got deodorant in the last time he went to commissary but they were limiting them to one.
    Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
    Houston, TX

MissingMyWife

Quote Originally Posted by malewis48 View Post
    I just tried to access the site and got a message it's down for maintenance.

Yes, a shortage of toothpaste and deodorant is ridiculous. My son said they got deodorant in the last time he went to commissary but they were limiting them to one.

I ordered from them yesterday....?

Yeah, what is up with this no toothpaste thing??!! You can order a toothbrush but no paste??!! My son said he is getting some leftover tubes from some guys that are due to be released . So weird!!

I talked to my husband tonight and he asked me about the deodorant. Told him it was a shortage throughout all TDC. Asked him about the toothpaste and he said he was glad he stocked up earlier. They also just got hot water back yesterday after having none since December 21st! Only 2 of the 8 sinks are working and only 3 of the urinals are for 54 guys! It's crazy what they have to deal with....not to mention no real heat or a/c in the summer.

There has got to be a way to stop this inhuman torture, human rights or something, damm this is so sickening and so wrong, we all our Gods children, we are all human NO MATTER WHAT! TDCJ gets away with wayyyy to much! Grrrrrrrrrr makes me ill what goes on in those units! Makes it even harder knowing our loved ones is there

Always kiss me goodnight.........
    " Courage is not having strength to go on-it is going on when you dont have the strength"
    SMURFING YOU FOREVER,!
    ♥♥♥♥ that beat as ♥

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by hplzak View Post
    I talked to my husband tonight and he asked me about the deodorant. Told him it was a shortage throughout all TDC. Asked him about the toothpaste and he said he was glad he stocked up earlier. They also just got hot water back yesterday after having none since December 21st! Only 2 of the 8 sinks are working and only 3 of the urinals are for 54 guys! It's crazy what they have to deal with....not to mention no real heat or a/c in the summer.
    Hot water? My husband says they have no hot water where he is at........ Imagine that?......

Mrs. Rivera

Quote Originally Posted by Luv my Chavo View Post
    Hot water? My husband says they have no hot water where he is at........ Imagine that?......
    I can't imagine that!! My husband says hot water, but I don't know how hot it really is...for all I know it's more lukewarm...lol! But he did say hot so who knows! I wish they would treat them better than they do, I know they are where they are but I didn't think that meant treat them worse than an animal!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by hplzak View Post
    I can't imagine that!! My husband says hot water, but I don't know how hot it really is...for all I know it's more lukewarm...lol! But he did say hot so who knows! I wish they would treat them better than they do, I know they are where they are but I didn't think that meant treat them worse than an animal!
    Agreed! They have enough with being in there away from their families..... But that's not cruelty in their eyes

Mrs. Rivera

MissingMyWife

I am going to chime in on this thread because we all know the warm fuzzys I get when we discuss TDC...LOl...We here in our great state have more laws giving animals better treatment than we do inmates...The last unit was called the dogpound for very good reason. That is the nice part of my part in this thread I cant write any more for fear of chavo booting me off...LOL

MissingMyWife

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMyWife View Post
    That is the nice part of my part in this thread I cant write any more for fear of chavo booting me off...LOL
    Just Kidding chavo...Lol

Veteran Member

I am going to chime in on this thread because we all know the warm fuzzys I get when we discuss TDC...LOl...We here in our great state have more laws giving animals better treatment than we do inmates...The last unit was called the dogpound for very good reason. That is the nice part of my part in this thread I cant write any more for fear of chavo booting me off...LOL
    LOL!! You may continue Missing lol, I won't boot you off .

Mrs. Rivera

MissingMyWife

Quote Originally Posted by Luv my Chavo View Post
    LOL!! You may continue Missing lol, I won't boot you off .
    Thank You....Lol
    I had better play nice though you never know who is watching....world wide web and all....Lol

Veteran Member

Thank You....Lol
    I had better play nice though you never know who is watching....world wide web and all....Lol
    That is very true ! Either way not even those sneaky ones can make an excuse for TDCJ's lack of humanity.

Mrs. Rivera

MissingMyWife

Ok since we are all here we can start group session chavo your the leader you start...LOL

Veteran Member

Ok since we are all here we can start group session chavo your the leader you start...LOL
    Ayayay!! I am actually gonna let you take the lead Missing .

Mrs. Rivera

MissingMyWife

To those who posted about loved ones I treatment I was not making light of the situation it ******me off too but we are the ones who must remain thier advocate and thier voice to make sure the poor treatment is as minimimal as it can be...
    Missing

Ok so I just got off the website and once again NO TOOTHPASTE smh TDCJ has to get it together. I don't understand why there is a shortage in the first place when they know they have millions of inmates that's just ridiculous. Also alot of the the foods are not on there anymore I'm to the point were I'm saying forget the website I just rather send him the money and let him purchase his own items.

Veteran Member

Yea, that's crazy. These men need deodorant and toothpaste. I order my son what i thought he needed. Thank God they have toilet paper. That was the first thing on my son's order.

I'm glad they have toilet paper also my husband stocked up on that

Veteran Member

To those who posted about loved ones I treatment I was not making light of the situation it ******me off too but we are the ones who must remain thier advocate and thier voice to make sure the poor treatment is as minimimal as it can be...
    Missing
    I agree, we are their advocates and their voice. I suggest we find out who to write about such things (flood them with letters) and get really involved in getting things corrected. As someone else said, there are laws about treating animals better than inmates.
    Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
    Houston, TX

I was thinking the same thing. I ordered $40 worth of stuff . There wasn't much sweets or any juices. My husband doesn't drink sodas or eat candy. But he does love cakes and stuff and there was none. I couldn't believe there was no toothpaste or deodorant. I can't believe a system that makes money off inmates can't even keep simple necessities in stock. I was so mad.

Can anyone tell me if they know when the commissary will be up. Tried this evening and my son said that inmates were getting care packages in Diboll unit. Got on the website and nada. Please reply

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anna1961 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if they know when the commissary will be up. Tried this evening and my son said that inmates were getting care packages in Diboll unit. Got on the website and nada. Please reply
    It was working earlier this evening, it goes down every evening from 9pm - 4am - but I have noticed it usually goes down a little earlier than 9pm, so that could be why you weren't able to access it - I hope this helps
    Last edited by TexasDust; 02-26-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Thank u Mrs. Hernandez it worked tonight and i was able to order stuff for my son. He wanted coffee they had none. I'm happy that he is coming home to you. Your lucky, i know that you are excited. Have fun.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anna1961 View Post
    Thank u Mrs. Hernandez it worked tonight and i was able to order stuff for my son. He wanted coffee they had none. I'm happy that he is coming home to you. Your lucky, i know that you are excited. Have fun.
    You are so very welcome Anna! Great! I am glad that you were able to get his order placed Thank you so much, yes I am sooooo excited and can't wait
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Was somebody already able to order a care package for the 2nd period April 1 - June 30 ?

Veteran Member

Yes I just ordered a small one last week and he got it already.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by achille View Post
    Was somebody already able to order a care package for the 2nd period April 1 - June 30 ?
    I ordered one Sunday night... still waiting to hear when he gets it... usually a couple of days...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I believe and declare in Jesus' name that God is working in our favor and will bring about miracles in our life.

Quote Originally Posted by pjvw34 View Post
    I ordered one Sunday night... still waiting to hear when he gets it... usually a couple of days...
    Thanks, in which region or unit was it possible. Yesterday it still wasn't possible, last time I heard of him , he said they were on lockdown for 4 weeks, and he passed classification and they took his file along to Huntsville and he's waitinf for the decision may be he'll be shipped to another unit. Thanks for informing me.
    I see that in region 1 it is possible but the people I know from region 2 and 3, still not yet, those who received a care package last period the first of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlynnsmile75 View Post
    Yes I just ordered a small one last week and he got it already.
    Thanks, in which unit was it possible, for me it should go to Telford Unit, but the last I heard it was for one month on lockdown.
    I checked some other people I know and I see if they received a care package the first period, they couldn't yet receive one either.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 04-10-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by achille View Post
    Thanks, in which region or unit was it possible. Yesterday it still wasn't possible, last time I heard of him , he said they were on lockdown for 4 weeks, and he passed classification and they took his file along to Huntsville and he's waitinf for the decision may be he'll be shipped to another unit. Thanks for informing me.
    I see that in region 1 it is possible but the people I know from region 2 and 3, still not yet, those who received a care package last period the first of 2013.
    Not sure about the region... it is Robertson in Abilene...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I believe and declare in Jesus' name that God is working in our favor and will bring about miracles in our life.

Veteran Member

My love is at Robertson and he got his the next day
    Julie

i ordered some stuff from ecomm and when he went to pick it up they changed what i ordered him . they didnt have peanutbutter,sardines, refried beans, or vanilla cookies. i was pissed they gave him a whole bunch of soup. this is at the lindsey unit in jacksboro. the lady told me to order again on friday before 1 pm because they are getting a new shippment of supplies on monday and that they should have the stuff then. apparently they only get shipments every 2 weeks. wit them only being fed twice on the weekend their actual food vending machines were empty so all they had was junk food to snack on. way unhealty!. hopefully he will get his peanut butter....we should find out soon for sure when his early release is. right now its looing like the first week of july or last week in june. which would be nice considering my birthday is the 2nd week in july.
    july 3rd cant come fast enough

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information