+ Reply to Thread

Default Middleton in Abilene Texas

Hope someone can help me my son just got moved to middleton in abilene tx. we have had no contact with him and from what im reading thats normal. I just need some questions answered and some advice and also some support. they gave him 2 yrs and they gave him his backtime that he has accumulated in county we have done and sent a parole packet already down to austin. it satates he was eligible for parole on sept 19th? we finally have come up with the money to hire a attorney which we have not done yet since we do not know any so if anyone knows of a good one please let me know. how soon can we get him out? im sorry i have just rambled

My husband just got to Middleton the other day. It says he is eligible for parole on 9-23-12. He was sentenced to two 5-year sentences to be served concurrently. I'm hoping he makes parole before what they say is his release date of 6-14-14. I'm not really sure what I need to do either and it's driving me crazy that I can't talk to him, but at least I've sent him emails through JPay so he knows I know where he is at.

Veteran Member

Welcome to J-Pay. I'm sure someone will come along and answer your question.

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay.
    Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
    Houston, TX

Welcome to Jpay!

Thank god someone is in the same situation.. I have sent him emails through JPAY but I know nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by hplzak View Post
    My husband just got to Middleton the other day. It says he is eligible for parole on 9-23-12. He was sentenced to two 5-year sentences to be served concurrently. I'm hoping he makes parole before what they say is his release date of 6-14-14. I'm not really sure what I need to do either and it's driving me crazy that I can't talk to him, but at least I've sent him emails through JPay so he knows I know where he is at.
    So it looks like your husband and my son our their together Christopher got there this past monday

I finally heard from my husband yesterday via a letter. He said the Jpay printers were down and they just got them up and running so he didn't get any of my letters until the 8th. He told me he got there on the 1st of October. Hopefully you have heard from your son!

That is great my son got there on the 1st of October too! he came from tarrant county correctional. My sons girlfriend just texted me and she said she got a letter from him today. what is your husbands name so i can tell my son about him. it helps so much to know someone else is out there dealing with this too

My husband's name is Allen Spinner. I'll tell him about your son too.

My son just got to Middleton to and I know nothing about any of this I guess ladies we will learn together.....I was told that this is a transfer unit and that most inmates are moved to other places does anyone know anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by NicksMom12 View Post
    My son just got to Middleton to and I know nothing about any of this I guess ladies we will learn together.....I was told that this is a transfer unit and that most inmates are moved to other places does anyone know anything about that?
    Yes it is a transfer unit, although those with short sentences will sometimes spend the whole time there.

Hi NicksMom how is your son doing?

Veteran Member

If it's parole he's in review for then it's pretty much a waiting game and entirely up to the board, a Parole Attorney can help move the process along, but that does not guarantee he will be approved. How much back time does he have accumulated? And it's not ramble lol we all have had similar questions. Oh and welcome to jpay. I'm sure someone else will come around with an good attorney for you. Prayer go your way that he well both of your loved ones make parole.
    True love is worth waiting for even if it takes a lifetime. Then in return a lifetime of love will be waiting for you

MissingMyWife

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Hults Wagner View Post
    Hope someone can help me my son just got moved to middleton in abilene tx. we have had no contact with him and from what im reading thats normal. I just need some questions answered and some advice and also some support. they gave him 2 yrs and they gave him his backtime that he has accumulated in county we have done and sent a parole packet already down to austin. it satates he was eligible for parole on sept 19th? we finally have come up with the money to hire a attorney which we have not done yet since we do not know any so if anyone knows of a good one please let me know. how soon can we get him out? im sorry i have just rambled
    I dont know anything about that paticuliar unit but the other questions I wil try and help. If his parole date or PED date is sept 19 then that is when his file should be pulled. It will be taken to the IPO office and they will come out and interview him. Once they interview him they will then send it to be corrected and to chk for errors. Once that is done they sent it back to the IPO which in turn sends it to the board for a vote.This can occur over a normal period of 2 to 6 months from the PED date. Ther are some that have been waiting longer than that but gennerally that is the time frame. Has an IPO seen him yet? How soon depends on a lot of factors that are not mentioned. Charge he was convicted for, Crim hist, Failed supervisions etc...Be very careful and I mean VERY ccareful what Parole Atty you hire as most are not going to do more than put a packet togather and if your lucky make a phone call to the board on your behalf...Most attorneys that are any good will want time to represent them so they can get the stuff togather and visit the inmate and put a good argument togather for thier release. Any parole atty thats worth .50 will go and visit with your son in person not thier parralegal but the atty himself. They will also request an interview with the lead voter before the vote. If they are not going to do those things at least they are not worth hireing!!! There still should be time fto get one for this parole date but you will need to it ASAP in order for the atty to do a good job.

Any questions I can answer let me know.
    One more thing someone mentioned a transfer unit. An inmate can stay at a transfer unit for up to 2 years but no longer.(usually not that long)

Welcome to J-Pay!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information