+ Reply to Thread

Default New Commissary List and Details (Lindsey Unit) TDCJ

Has anyone heard of the "new" way inmates can receive commissary? My dad is currently at the Lindsey Unit and informed me that we can purchase commissary items online for him through the new system. He keeps asking me to send him a commissary list, to let us (family) know what he needs. He said I could find the information on Texas.gov but I have not found anything about the new system or the list. Anyway help is greatly appreciated,,,,

My pops is an old school convict with 20+ years in TDC. He broke parole with a DWI was sent to Safe P (18 mnths) then blew bad on an in home breath tester and went to Rehab (18 mnths) did it one more time and got 7 years added to his triple ***** (35 year) Hes been back for a year now and got a 1 year set back for parole on the 7, which is stupid because he has 4 years back time on that 7. Anyway Lindsey Unit is a POS unit, food is no good, facilities awful, he's used to being at a real farm, he in his 60's now and we just want him to have what he needs to get by,,,,Thank You
    Last edited by jonez000; 05-15-2012 at 10:07 PM.

They're implementing a Care package that family memebers can send the inmates, but you can only send on a quarterly basis. It's supposed to go into effect at the beginning of June, but so far there's nothing on the Texas.gov website. All I can tell you is to keep checking on a daily basis until they've uploaded a list. Hope the info helps a little!
    Mrs. Arrambide

Veteran Member

There are quite a few threads under Texas devoted to these care packages. I have heard June from the paper the inmates get, The Echo. Then July in a statement from TDCJ. So they are coming on Texas.gov but not soon enough. Originally it was supposed to start in Jan.

I went on to Texas.gov could not find anything so I used the Online live chat to ask a Texas.gov Rep.
    "I asked...I heard that texas.gov would have a link that would allow families of texas inmates to purchase commissary items online. Do you know anything about this?"

She replyed" This isn't a service we support. You will have to contact individual counties for further information. "

So I wonder how much of this is just another rumor.

I do not believe this is a rumor my boyfreind is in the dalhart unit and he told me they got a paper about it he is suppose to be sending it to me. June 1st is when it is suppose to start.

Last week I got on the live chat w/ Texas.gov and the agent gave me a link and it was the same ol' commissary one at TDCJ. I don't think they know what they're doin'. I'm about sick to death of roaming the Texas.gov website looking for any sort of announcement. It's definitely not a rumor as I have a news article my friend sent that they distributed for the inmates to read. It looks like it's from a prison newspaper.

Veteran Member

My son told me it will go into effect, but it didn't when we first thought it did. We just have to keep checking TDCJ's website until something is posted.
    Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
    Houston, TX

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information