+ Reply to Thread

Question Middleton Unit in Abilene?

does anyone have a love one in this unit? John Middleton unit? in Abilene Tx?? please let me kno...
    MISSING MI AMOR

I don't know anyone in the facility you mentioned in Abilene, but I lived there for awhile and know the area, if you need any insight on the town.

My hubby was there for like a month, but to my understanding that is a processing unit. people usually not there longer than a month, unless that is his assigned unit and they will tell him once he gets there.

Question my fiance!!!

my fiance is in... he hasnt told me whether or not he likes it yet.. just cuz he just got in last week.. he says its better than midland county tho.. do u kno how to find his records/wen he gets out on parole???

Veteran Member

I think it's a processing unit to and he probably won't be there for long. My husband was there when he first went in but wasn't there for long. They should tell him but we all know how that works. LOL!

My friend was there as well for about one to two weeks then got moved because is a transferred unit and like adamswifey said unless it is his assigned unit.

My finance just caught chain today going to Middleton...I am all new to this

yea my hubby was there for about three weeks hes been gone for couple month now his at ware in Colorado city texas
    MISSING MI AMOR

My boyfriend caught chain last week to middleton...
    i just got a letter from him yesterday
    he said that he is stll going thru orrientation ..which i'm sure your man is as well..
    they do i.q testing and take blood etc. then they put them in general pop.
    from what he has told me. good luck!

Unhappy I need help please

My dear brother is in prision in J.Middlenton Unit. I live in Sweden and he is alone in Texas there he dont have visit because we cant be there more than one time evey year .. he write to me and told me that he can get book but i dont know how can any people tell me samething about this please! Marissa

i have a cousin there at the moment and my bf was there for about a month...said it was a transfer unit ..or it could also be where he assigned to....a family friend of ours has a sister who works there...thats how i got my info for my bf.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hi,
    you can order books on line and have them sent to him. Also, you can go to a book store, buy the book and most places will mail them for you.

You can not mail him a book from your house, etc.
    Hope this helps.

My bf is in Middleton I was wondering if anyone is going to visit anyone there and what are the rules of visiting with a traffic warrant. Do they consider that? Can I visit with a traffic warrant...I was just curious cause he say they look for felony warrants and not traffic warrants. Anyone know?? Please if you do can you let me know...thanks Ms Vee

Hi msvee,
    Middleton is a transfer unit. Go to http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/ne.htm
    There is a telephone number there. Call and ask about the visitation rules. It is always good to check out rules at a new unit because they are not all alike. Hope you get your visit.

Quote Originally Posted by msvee View Post
    My bf is in Middleton I was wondering if anyone is going to visit anyone there and what are the rules of visiting with a traffic warrant. Do they consider that? Can I visit with a traffic warrant...I was just curious cause he say they look for felony warrants and not traffic warrants. Anyone know?? Please if you do can you let me know...thanks Ms Vee
    Have you found out anything about visiting with a traffic warrant cuz my honey is there too and I have a warrant. Im suppose to go visit him soon with his mom. I hope they don't trip on that cuz Im running...lol jk

Thank God I took care of those traffic warrants and I can go see my boo now without worry. I have been twice now and plan on going as long as I can. Thanks Nae Nae & Texas Mom!!
    Last edited by msvee; 09-24-2010 at 12:37 PM.

My son is there, but he just arrived on Monday so I am trying to find out a little bit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deliamancha View Post
    my fiance is in... he hasnt told me whether or not he likes it yet.. just cuz he just got in last week.. he says its better than midland county tho.. do u kno how to find his records/wen he gets out on parole???

go to TDJC and you can look him up, it will tell you what you are looking for.

My husband just pulled chain from Tarrant County and is now in the Middleton Unit, I know i will have to wait 35-40 days to have any kind of visit with him and 60 to have contact visit, can anyone tell me how their non-contact visits work as I have 2 small children and they hated going to the county jail and seeing him due to the fact that we had to talk on a phone the whole time. What is the time limit you get with non-contact? Also once his 60 days come up what is the best time to get there to visit??? I love 3 hours away and want to make sure I don't have to wait super long time to see him, also are they like a county jail where if they don't have money on their books they give them a limited amount of paper and stamps to mail out a letter??

My husband is in the middleton unit right now and for what I know , they have to have money on thier books to buy paper and envelopes.Tdc tells you that you have to wait for 30-45 days for a non-contact visit but i would just call every week on Friday to find out because I onlt had to wait 2 weeks for a non contact visit and 30 days for my contact. The visits for non contact are going to be like they were in county, behind the glass with the phone but if the kidos can be patient, its all worth it to be able to hug and kiss your loved one. Also dont forget to get your phone registered so everything will be set up so you can get calls . That process take 5-7 days.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPswife View Post
    My husband just pulled chain from Tarrant County and is now in the Middleton Unit, I know i will have to wait 35-40 days to have any kind of visit with him and 60 to have contact visit, can anyone tell me how their non-contact visits work as I have 2 small children and they hated going to the county jail and seeing him due to the fact that we had to talk on a phone the whole time. What is the time limit you get with non-contact? Also once his 60 days come up what is the best time to get there to visit??? I love 3 hours away and want to make sure I don't have to wait super long time to see him, also are they like a county jail where if they don't have money on their books they give them a limited amount of paper and stamps to mail out a letter??
    If he is considered indigent he will receive an indigent pack which contains paper, envelopes, and stamps. If not then you can either ship him paper and envelopes or he can purchase them at commissary with money in his Trust Fund. Stamps cannot be shipped in and must be bought at commissary.

Middleton Unit is pretty fast for processing. When my husband was at Middleton Unit it took 10-15 minutes for the whole driving up and getting my car checked to sitting down for visitation.

All visits non-contact and contact are 2 hours. Unless, you are traveling from 300 miles or more then it can be extended visit which is 4 hours in one day or 8 hours spread out over Saturday/Sunday (4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday).

Middleton is slower at doing intake than other Units so you most likely can count that he will be in intake for 4 weeks. As soon as he clears intake he can receive visits (non-contact) and contact ones he's eligible.

Good luck!

My husband has been there for a few months now and should be there for at least two years. i visit every month and the staff are very nice, i never have any problems even when i call

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aabachtel View Post
    My husband has been there for a few months now and should be there for at least two years. i visit every month and the staff are very nice, i never have any problems even when i call
    They can be housed at a transfer unit for up to 2 years but there's no guaranteed that they will be at a specific transfer unit for 2 years. Anywhere between the time they finish processing they're eligible to be transferred.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information