+ Reply to Thread

Question Electronic File????

Hello all, I hope everyone and truly Blessed and things are good your way. I have yet another question. Lately everytime I call the Angleton Parole board the direct number, they tell me my husbands file is in the "new electronic" system called OIMS. They said to send paperwork directly to the Austin board because they have to "image" it in the system and if I send it to Angleton they have to forward to austin for imaging which takes longer. Even everytime I call they say "I don't have access to that system let me transfer you." I get someone telling me that they can't see anything in the new system unless my husbands file is voted on. I was wondering has anyone else ran into this??? I haven't seen any posts anywhere about it so I was just seeing if someone had some insight on it.

Thank yo for your time

God has the last say in any and everything that is done. Speak upon things into existance and see it become reality.

Veteran Member

I hadnt heard of it but I we were denied back in November it may be something they added at the first of the year..Who knows what all TDCJ waste there money on. Im sure someone on here has heard of it.
    "This is for the women who man caught a sentence
    Who gon be there for a minute but they didn't keep their distance
    They stayed home waiting on the phone
    And on visit day show up looking good smelling better, playing kissy face
    Just wanna let you know we appreciate" (TI- I got your back)

"Love is what makes the impossible possible"

Veteran Member

If it will make anything FASTER i'm all for it but I'm sure there will be plenty of BUGS to work out at the beginning which will just add more stress....great....:

It's "supposively" suppose to make the parole process faster. No paper work just log into the system look at an inmates file, letters, pictures, notes, etc and vote in the system. The lady told me on the parole board can see the complete file but when I call the main number or directly to the angleton board the people can't see anything unless the file has been voted on and there's an answer. They are converting over files to the electronic form for faster processing less paper. The lady said hopefully it cuts down on the time it takes to deny/approve because the IPO officer interviews and notates the acount in the system and then forwards it via electronic to the board they will then log in look at everything and decide. Then they will input in the system their decision. We shall see how it all works. I will be sure to tell you my experience with it. Hopefully someone can come on here if they know or anything and shed some more light. If they just released inmates and REVIEWED files instead of always denying maybe TDC would save money. Just a thought.

Through God it is all possible. He has a plan and it is playing out. Just wait on him to do his works!!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissWatson0308 View Post
    Hello all, I hope everyone and truly Blessed and things are good your way. I have yet another question. Lately everytime I call the Angleton Parole board the direct number, they tell me my husbands file is in the "new electronic" system called OIMS. They said to send paperwork directly to the Austin board because they have to "image" it in the system and if I send it to Angleton they have to forward to austin for imaging which takes longer. Even everytime I call they say "I don't have access to that system let me transfer you." I get someone telling me that they can't see anything in the new system unless my husbands file is voted on. I was wondering has anyone else ran into this??? I haven't seen any posts anywhere about it so I was just seeing if someone had some insight on it.

Thank yo for your time

God has the last say in any and everything that is done. Speak upon things into existance and see it become reality.

Electronic files are something TDCJ has done for awhile. A lot of their information is electronic - Parole Files, Inmate Files, etc. They have assigned a Central Coordinating Unit to receiving and scanning documents into the system. So, a majority of files and information goes there and is scanned into the system and sent around to various departments. Of course each file has a way to track it so that when it goes from person to person / department to department they can see who has it and how long and such. Not everyone has the credentials to see everything which is expected. So, when you call various TDCJ departments not everyone has the same access.

That's probably why they say they don't have access. I wouldn't want any TDCJ employer being able to look at my husband's files and records -- just the right ones at the right time. The electronic system is not new though -- its been around for a few years.

There are two handbooks on it -- one for Parole and one for TDCJ -- which I read and its quite interesting. It's how they keep track of the inmates and very detailed information. So, yeah definitely don't want anyone access that information.

The lady was acting like it's something new UGH!!! Yea I wouldn't want just anyone to see his file. The only thing that sucks is I see posts about people saying they're told it's in the hands of the parole board or something like that. I can't get any of that because they said they only see the vote decision and what FI he was granted. So I am told basically call every 4 weeks (which I call every friday). SUCKS!!! But patients is a virtue and God will take care of it all on his time. Thanks for the response.

Having faith is believing in the toughest of times. You shouldn't only thank him when doing good, but also send thanks when doing bad.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information