+ Reply to Thread

Default Parole Questions

I thought I already posted this thread, but I guess I didn't or something happened to it....but my husband is eligible for parole effective 12/25/11. I didn't get a parole packet together due to my busy schedule, but I did send a support letter to the parole board. I am wondering what happens next? When will I know he has seen the parole board? How do I find out more information about it all? Is there a number to call? Thanks for any help you can offer! I want my husband to come home!

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Here is a link to your other Thread http://forum.jpay.com/showthread.php...182#post240182 the name of the Thread is Parole Packet Question

If you do a word search in The Texas Forum for parole all the Threads will come up with all the answers to your questions.

Veteran Member

The Parole Eligibility Date (PED) is when they are eligible for Parole. The Parole Board pull his file 6 months prior to the PED for the first time up for Parole and 3 to 4 months for sequential Parole Reviews. Usually they try to have an answer for Parole upon PED but that is not always the case. Your best bet is to call the Parole Board that he falls under to see if they received his file. If they received his file then it will be too late to submit a Parole Packet. If not then you still have a bit of time to submit the Parole Packet. I'd say you want to do this ASAP and send it USPS overnight with Signature Confirmation/Delivery Confirmation.

The Parole Support Letter you sent will be a part of his Parole File. The Parole Board does not meet with him. The IPO Officer will review his Parole File with him and ask him relevant questions for his file and compile his file and submit it to the Parole Board.They only see his file and will vote on his file. The voting is by a Panel of Parole Board Members and Commissioners. There are three and the votes must be 2/3. He will see his Unit IPO Officer.

The Parole Status Line will give you an answer on what the Parole Board decides.

Offender parole review status line (prior to being voted by the BPP to be released) - Board of Pardons and Paroles status line in Huntsville (936) 291-2106. Must have TDCJ or SID# or date of birth.

The Parole Board that he falls under -- phone numbers can be found here:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...locations.html

Good luck!

So, I called that parole review line, and they said that it is still in review. So, let me see if I am understanding correctly. The board has his file and is still considering their decision? The board that is deciding is the Angleton Office, so it is them that have his file? Oh, I hope they hurry and tell me something. We are gonna be grandparents in March. Wouldn't it be a lovely thing to have both my grandbaby and my husband home!!!!!! Pray!

I have also been reading where some of yall have talked to the voting members. How do you know who they are and what do you say to them?

talked to the voting members? i have never heard this or been told we can do this...
    any info will be greatly appreciated !!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information