+ Reply to Thread

Default Parole Chances...

Hello everyone. I am new to all of this stuff and I have been trying to look things up on my own. I figured thatthis was the best place to find out anything. I know that everybody is different and wether or not he gets paroled is up to the parole board but I would just like to know what everyone thinks of his chances. Hes in for agg robbery and March 2012 will be his 2 year mark on a 5 year sentence. He is up for parole in september of 2012. He will be 21 when he goes up for it and he has never been in any kind of trouble before and to my knowledge the victim passed away a couple of months after he went in. He has a couple of cases for tattoos, back in county, and 1 for fighting. He is in G4 right now because he had taken a razor and was using it to slice some peppers and pickles to make salsa and got caught with it so they said he had a weapon. He has been on his best behavior since then and hasnt gotten into any kind of trouble. he goes up for population any day now. So in yalls opinion what do you think his chances of coming home September are??

Most likely they will deny him...usually people with agg cases or robbery gotta do most their time before they let them out on parole..its true..maybe you can get lucky an will get out but i highly doubt it..I'm speaking from the knowledge on what I've heard n know..Goodluck though but still don't get your hopes up..expect the unexpected..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Member

Parole Eligibility is 50% of his Sentence Flat. After his Parole Eligibility then the Parole Board approves and if denied sets a time to review a gain. This can be anywhere from 1 year set-off or longer.

Parole Board will look at all the information given to them by the IPO Officer and TDCJ. One thing about Parole is he must be in the same Custody Level and Line Class that he enters TDCJ on. So, if he enters as G1 and he is G4 then he must be G1 before the Parole Board will grant him Parole.

If he receives a major case that results in loss of Good Time and Custody Level then he will be automatically denied Parole. They cannot receive a major case one year prior to his Parole Review Date.'

I can definitely say the loss of custody level and possibly good time will be unfavorable toward his parole and the chances of him actually making parole is tough but not possible. In the end, his chances are like others' chances. There are cases where violent offenses are granted parole on the first parole review and some who get denied on the first parole review. It is really up to the Parole Board and there's no say in how it works out.

[QUOTE=JP0619;253257]Parole Eligibility is 50% of his Sentence Flat. After his Parole Eligibility then the Parole Board approves and if denied sets a time to review a gain. This can be anywhere from 1 year set-off or longer.

Parole Board will look at all the information given to them by the IPO Officer and TDCJ. One thing about Parole is he must be in the same Custody Level and Line Class that he enters TDCJ on. So, if he enters as G1 and he is G4 then he must be G1 before the Parole Board will grant him Parole.

If he receives a major case that results in loss of Good Time and Custody Level then he will be automatically denied Parole. They cannot receive a major case one year prior to his Parole Review Date.'

My hubby has told me that too, that if he gets in a fight he automatically gets denied parole for that year. It sounds like he's having a rough time, he's best bet will be to ask for a program. I know he's young but if he wants to get out he needs to search out the few people that are in every prison that are just working to get out and not getting into any trouble and hang with them. That's the best advice I can give you cuz he's gonna keep getting denied if he keeps getting in trouble

What does it mean in your response that the inmate should ask for a program?.....I'm so new at this so sorry I don't know....

a rehabilitation program, they sent you to one 6 months and then you go home, it's better than a set off

Can someone plz help what are the chances my husband will get approved for parole again he is back in tdcj for a parole viaolatin cause of his baby mama he has been locked up for almost a year and he had his first parole on nov and was denied and was given a serveall and comes back up for parole again in march 2012 his prd is april 2012 whats the chances he will get parole again i really need my husband home this new year he has changed so much i pray god answer my prayers and bring him since we have now gotten married

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monachavez View Post
    Can someone plz help what are the chances my husband will get approved for parole again he is back in tdcj for a parole viaolatin cause of his baby mama he has been locked up for almost a year and he had his first parole on nov and was denied and was given a serveall and comes back up for parole again in march 2012 his prd is april 2012 whats the chances he will get parole again i really need my husband home this new year he has changed so much i pray god answer my prayers and bring him since we have now gotten married
    There is no real way of saying how the Parole Board will vote. All one can do is hope for the best but expect the worse. Him receiving a Serve-All means they will vote once more up to 30 days before his PRD Date. I wish you luck. I know the feeling that you want him home in the new year, I can say that a majority of us feel that way toward our love ones being incarcerated. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information