+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 52
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Amarillo Parole Board

    Has anyone had a loved one go up to review under the Amarillo Parole board. There is a new person there James LaFavers and my husband is under review. Basically I am wanting to know if they are ruff? Do they just deny deny deny or are they pretty fair?

    Just a little curious......

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    from what i have read....amarillo is the toughest to parole out of...san antonio is the best. im not sure on the numbers for 2011 but, for 2010 the parole rate out of amarillo was only 30% for non-3g offenses...my son is coming up for parole with the amarillo board soon...good luck to you and your loved one.
    lisa





  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    My man falls under the amarillo board as well but he was not eligible due to his line class but I heard they are tough.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I really hope they are not too hard. My husband is currently under review which sucks that we hav a hard board. The only good thing though is they did appoint a new Board member in July of this year so that could be good or bad. I just hope we get the GOOD all of us. I hope the best for you guys as well.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    My fiance' is up under this board as well and got a 1yr set off his first time up. He's due again 2/12. I've called just to check there process and was inform they generally will pull his file 4 months prior to this date. That will be next month. I sent all his support letters last month to ensure they were in his file once they pulled it this time around. We didn't have any the first time.

    The reason they gave for denial was that he hadn't serve enough time. He was 14 mos in on a 8 yr sentence. By the time he comes up he will be well over 2 yrs, hopes this makes a differnce. If it's true what they say he would have served 25% of his sentence and should be elgible although we know they try make it hard for them and us.

    However GOD get's the last say!

    Will keep you posted...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    My husbands PED is 02/23/2012 and his file was pulled for review 08/30 soooo I am so praying that we get it. This would be the first time around but like you say, God has the last say. I will you keep you in my prayers and updated on my husbands status as well.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My husband is under review under this board and I'm just staying prayerful! His PED is October 16, 2011!!!

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My son has been under this board the last 3 years. Every year was a set off. He completed all his classes and got certified in a/c and heating, never been in trouble. Last month he was given a serve all. Thats ok!! He will discharge 02/03/12!
    Posted via Mobile Device

  9. #9
    nancylreynolds
    Guest

    Default

    They gave us a 5 years set off. No explaination for it. All the other boards we had gave us a 2 year set offs. Good luck and prayers.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Congrats thelildoot I know you're happy he is coming home!

    nancylreynolds did you guys ever do a parole packet or anything? Did you ever request to speak to the parole board? This is my first time around and I am anxious but sort of scared because of the rates. I hope it goes good for all of you guys and gals because Lord know's you deserve it. I am trying to just stay positive and whatever happens take it one day at a time. But I'm noy going to lie it is nerve wrecking.

  11. #11
    nancylreynolds
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissWatson0308 View Post
    Congrats thelildoot I know you're happy he is coming home!

    nancylreynolds did you guys ever do a parole packet or anything? Did you ever request to speak to the parole board? This is my first time around and I am anxious but sort of scared because of the rates. I hope it goes good for all of you guys and gals because Lord know's you deserve it. I am trying to just stay positive and whatever happens take it one day at a time. But I'm noy going to lie it is nerve wrecking.
    I've been at this along time. Yes parole packages have been sent. My husband even earned his master's degree in prison. Pray, turn over every rock you can find, dig deep is all I know to tell you.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KF'slady View Post
    My man falls under the amarillo board as well but he was not eligible due to his line class but I heard they are tough.
    Did ypu ever get a response yet? Or should I say an approval? I'm still hoping and praying and calling every friday!!!!! THIS SUCKS......

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nancylreynolds View Post
    I've been at this along time. Yes parole packages have been sent. My husband even earned his master's degree in prison. Pray, turn over every rock you can find, dig deep is all I know to tell you.
    Thank you for your advice. Sometimes it's like you wish you could do more. You send in every type of support letter and hope they actually take time to read it. It hurts soooo bad and all you can really do in the end is pray. But I guess that's what we are suppose to be doing in the first place. Putting our full faith in God. Again thank you!

  14. #14
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissWatson0308 View Post
    Did ypu ever get a response yet? Or should I say an approval? I'm still hoping and praying and calling every friday!!!!! THIS SUCKS......
    He got a 1yr setoff last month cause he caught a major case in May.
    Posted via Mobile Device

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I call the board this morning and was informed that they pulled his file last week, so now the review process has begun. From my experience I know it will probably be mid Nov before everything is complete and probably Dec before he get's an answer. Praying for speedy yes answer from GOD. Keep us in your prayers. I will keep you all posted!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default You're in m prayers!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdinky View Post
    I call the board this morning and was informed that they pulled his file last week, so now the review process has begun. From my experience I know it will probably be mid Nov before everything is complete and probably Dec before he get's an answer. Praying for speedy yes answer from GOD. Keep us in your prayers. I will keep you all posted!
    I am glad to hear the process has started. Now I can't wait to see your next post about his approval for parole. It'll happen as long as you have faith and no doubt. My prayers are with you!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Does anyone else have anymore success/bad stories about this board. Lately I have been hearing that some ppl where my husband is (Rudd Unit) are being released. I hope all is well with everyone. Things WILL happen in our favor. I'm owning it no if and or buts about it. God is who gives us that approval or denial.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Thanks MrsWatson!

    The prayers are very much appreciated. This will be our second time up in front of this board. We recieved a 1 yr set off the first time. We looking to GOD for his final say! Things WILL happen in our favor, I'm owning this as well!

  19. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    well, my son got a year set off from this parole board last year. his file has been pulled...im praying and hoping. he got a major case in april so im really having to put faith in god for this one. anyone have any news on how the amarillo board is voting these days? my son told me many were getting serve alls...anyone with recent info on this board ? any info is much appreciated. thank you...
    lisa





  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I call once a week for an update. This week the file is awaiting to be assigned to an IPO officer. This is only week 3 and alot still has to happen. Hopefully he will get the interview next week.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Where is your man locked up at?
    "...good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe




  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Formby in Plainview Tx

  23. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Can anyone tell me the parole process? When they come up, and how often? I see some of you mentioned the parol package. How does that work and when do we need to complete it. I'm so new to this, when my brother was alive I could ask him questions because he's been in before, but not that he's not with us anymore I don't have any one to ask. I don't want to wait until the last minute to complete any paperwork that could potentially allow my only son to come home to be with his only baby/daughter. By the way he's in Roach unit.

    Thank you all in advance,

  24. #24
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    DFW, TEXAS
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winterlikesky View Post
    Can anyone tell me the parole process? When they come up, and how often? I see some of you mentioned the parol package. How does that work and when do we need to complete it. I'm so new to this, when my brother was alive I could ask him questions because he's been in before, but not that he's not with us anymore I don't have any one to ask. I don't want to wait until the last minute to complete any paperwork that could potentially allow my only son to come home to be with his only baby/daughter. By the way he's in Roach unit.

    Thank you all in advance,
    Is your loved one in review? I believe you can send a parole packet anytime but its probably a good idea to send it when they first are up for review. They have a link on here that has sample parole packets. If you have questions dont hesitate to ask because there are some very knowledgeable men and woman on here who know the ins and outs of TDCJ.

    Welcome to jpay where we are all family!!
    "This is for the women who man caught a sentence
    Who gon be there for a minute but they didn't keep their distance
    They stayed home waiting on the phone
    And on visit day show up looking good smelling better, playing kissy face
    Just wanna let you know we appreciate" (TI- I got your back)

    "Love is what makes the impossible possible"

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Ok Guys it's week 4.... His file was assigned to an IPO officer on the 26th last week. He had his interview today! When asked what his outcome was he was informed that he had a 50/50 chance. The reason given was because his short way is still a ways away. His PRD is 4/19/2013. This is his second time up for parole on a 2yr state jail, 8 yr TDCJ non agg sentence. However they did grant him credit for 26 months of flat time, which is a good thing. We're not sure want this credit means and how we can apply it to his parole decision and any help will be appreciated if someone knows or have had this experience. I told him that the IPO officer projection of the outcome is just a projection, and that it's GOD outcome that we should focus on. I ask you keep us in your prayers as we wait on GOD's YES! I claim that...

  26. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdinky View Post
    I call once a week for an update. This week the file is awaiting to be assigned to an IPO officer. This is only week 3 and alot still has to happen. Hopefully he will get the interview next week.
    Can u tell me how u are finding out ur info.? They told us that we will not know when he is going to see the IPO that we would have to ask him. His file was pulled on Oct. 3rd. and w2e have not heard anythin. My son is at Gurney Thanks for any info. Have a blessed nite.

  27. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I call the Amarillo Parole Board directly! What board do Gurney fall under?

  28. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdinky View Post
    I call the Amarillo Parole Board directly! What board do Gurney fall under?
    Palestine Board. Thanks for the info. I am praying for God to put in a good word for all of us. And all Gods people say AMEN

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    My husband is now under the Angleton Board as of last week. The crazy thing is his file was pulled 08/28/2011 and still no interview no nothing. When I called the Amarillo Board directly at first they said his file was still in the process of being assigned. I am not sure if they knew he was going to move so they just didn't do the IPO thing. I do understand it takes 4-6 months but WOW nothing has happened. so I guess technically I have until February but still I see all of these other posts about others files being ppulled and a month later interview........ Maybe I am just thinking too much.

    mrsdinky: Did you call the actual Amarillo board line or the office of the IPO officer line?

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    my husband is at the rudd unit and he went up yesterday they never showed up so i am on pins and needles trying to figure out what is going on. this is my first time going through this.

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbara040763 View Post
    my husband is at the rudd unit and he went up yesterday they never showed up so i am on pins and needles trying to figure out what is going on. this is my first time going through this.
    When my husband was at the Rudd unit he told me that there was this lady there who was the interview person or IPO or whatever. He said she would come and sometimes not be there. He heard many men there even his cellmate had interviews and she wouldn't show or be there or would have to reschedule and sme of the inmates were mad. I don't know what the deal is so you may want to call the actual synder IPO office (they reperesent rudd unit) and see if maybe they can tell you anything.

  32. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    thanks. i will be calling them bright and early in the morning. do you know when we can start calling to see the status of his parole. he had his hearing mnday the 31st.

  33. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Miss Watson: I called the Amarillo line 806-359-7656. The lady I usually get is always nice and very helpful. I usually call around 10:30 am. I don't know if the time is a factor but I do know you can get someone different everytime you call. Hope this helps!

  34. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbara040763 View Post
    thanks. i will be calling them bright and early in the morning. do you know when we can start calling to see the status of his parole. he had his hearing mnday the 31st.
    I think you need to give it at least 2 weeks to allow them time to vote. From what I hear the longer it takes them to deliberate the beter the utcome will be a yes.

  35. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyson2 View Post
    palestine board. Thanks for the info. I am praying for god to put in a good word for all of us. And all gods people say amen
    amen....

  36. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    It's been 5 weeks since he met with the IPO officer. I called today and they informed me that the file was scan to the lead voter today and we should have an answer by next week. Please keep us an your prayers.

  37. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    7 weeks and the verdict is in... He made it! He got an FI-2 and he will be home in April...Thanking GOD for his answer....

  38. #38
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Mrsdinky, CONGRATULATIONS! The wait is finally over thats how long i waited and got the same vote as well, excpet he was under the Angleton board and he wont be coming home till Sept of next year. Now you can change your ticker! God bless & take care.

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Congrats to both of ya'll. Oh God is good and he is still working his many blessings. My yes will come soon I'm just Thanking God for everything in between. He promised to get us through this as long as we keep our faith in him first.

  40. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My husband is also under Amarillo he has been in review since July he is supposed to be voted on next week. I am already thanking God for sending him home. Faith can move mountains!!!

  41. #41
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Amen ladies! Dont ever lose faith, i'll be keeping you & your loved ones in my prayers.

  42. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missaldape View Post
    Mrsdinky, CONGRATULATIONS! The wait is finally over thats how long i waited and got the same vote as well, excpet he was under the Angleton board and he wont be coming home till Sept of next year. Now you can change your ticker! God bless & take care.
    Yes indeed~ Thank and I will continue to pray for you all! Sept will be here before you know it as will April...Got to get busy for my husband's return..

  43. #43
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Yes 2011 flew by and i know these 9 months will too. How long has he been in? Im so nervously excited for my bf to come home!

  44. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missaldape View Post
    Yes 2011 flew by and i know these 9 months will too. How long has he been in? Im so nervously excited for my bf to come home!
    Dec 22 made 2yrs on a 8yr sentence...GOD is good!

  45. #45
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Wow thats a true blessing for the both of you!

  46. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missaldape View Post
    Wow thats a true blessing for the both of you!
    Yes it is~

  47. #47
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Congratulations Mrsdinky!!!

  48. #48
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My hubby's PED was 05-12-12 and every time I call the parole board they say his file hasn't been assigned to a case worker and he has not yet been interviewed. Does anyone know about how long it takes for that to happen?

  49. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissWatson0308 View Post
    Does anyone else have anymore success/bad stories about this board. Lately I have been hearing that some ppl where my husband is (Rudd Unit) are being released. I hope all is well with everyone. Things WILL happen in our favor. I'm owning it no if and or buts about it. God is who gives us that approval or denial.
    My man is under amarillo board and hes been set off a good 4-5 times lost count lol, 5 years 3 years then 2 years and las tyr a 1 year. He has had his meeting already in mid sept and still no answer, we're praying for a yes... Hes done almost 18 1/2 on a 20 yr.

  50. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RosaLinda3 View Post
    My man is under amarillo board and hes been set off a good 4-5 times lost count lol, 5 years 3 years then 2 years and las tyr a 1 year. He has had his meeting already in mid sept and still no answer, we're praying for a yes... Hes done almost 18 1/2 on a 20 yr.
    My husband is also under the amarillo board....and has been set off as many times as yours has Rosalinda. The last one was a 2 year set off.....he comes again for it April 1 2013. I called today because he was thinking it was in January....i'm praying for a yes this time because he has done 18 yrs and 3 mths on a 25 yr. Good luck to you!!!

 

 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
JPay © 2014
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.