+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time Sheets

Default Time Sheets

Does anybody know how to read a "Time Sheet" from TDCJ? My husband is at the Michael Unit, and he sent me his new time sheet and says he's a Class 4 and that he has earned the following, he's in for a aggravated charge. Please help me, understand this; and he tells me that every couple of months the parole board pulls his file for "Parole Review" what doses that mean? His parole eligiblity is not until 06/2017.

4 years 2 months 17 days good time
    2 years 5 months 18 days of work time
    7 years 7 months 12 days of Mandatory supervison time credits
    14 years 3 months 17 days parole time credits

Veteran Member

TIME SHEET EXPLANATION

Explanations
    1.. This date should be the date the printout was generated by the prison Unit.

2.. This time is the clock time the printout was generated.

3.. This should be the TDCJ ID number for the inmate.

4.. This is the name of the inmate for whom the printout is generated.

5.. This is the TDCJ Unit to which the inmate is assigned at the time the printout was generated.

6.. This is the date the time calculations begin toward satisfaction of the sentence of record. This should include all the jail time credits an inmate has earned while incarcerated for the sentence of record. This can include any number of incarcerations in perhaps several county jails. It is usually not the date of sentencing. TDCJ subtracts the amount of time spent in jail from the date of sentencing to derive this date.

7.. This is the date TDCJ took physical custody of the inmate.

8.. This area states the inmate’s custody and housing status, as well as any security precaution status.

9.. The date of the last request for a time printout.

10. This is the length of time given on the controlling sentence for which the inmate is serving time. If more than one sentence is being served, this is usually the longer sentence. It may be stated in years, months and days.

11. The percentages stated under this heading are the percentages of time served in each of the line categories toward satisfaction of Mandatory Supervision or Discretionary Mandatory Supervision eligibility.

12. The percentages stated under this heading are the percentages of time served in each of the line categories toward satisfaction of Parole Eligibility.
    13. The time stated to the right are the time credits in calendar time earned by the inmate.
    14. The time stated to the right are the time credits for earned good time currently credited to the inmate.
    15. The time stated to the right are the time credits for earned work time credits for diligent participation in an assigned job or time spent as medically unassigned or in a GED education program.
    16. The figures to the right show the accumulated flat, good and work time credits earned by the inmate and the percentage of the length of the sentence to earn Mandatory Supervision. An accumulation in excess of 100% does not mean the inmate will be released. Release is dependant upon a vote of approval by the Board of Pardons and Paroles or conviction of an eligible crime occurring before September 1, 1996.
    17. The figures to the right show the accumulated flat, good and work time credits earned by the inmate and the percentage of the length of the sentence toward satisfaction of parole eligibility. An accumulation in excess of 100% does not mean the inmate will be released. Release is dependant upon a vote of approval by the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
    18. This is the date upon which the inmate is expected to reach an accumulation of time credits to qualify for Mandatory Supervision Release should the inmate be eligible for this program.
    19. At the time an inmate is received into TDCJ (see number 7), this shows if the inmate was given good time retroactively to cover the time spent in the county jail.
    20. This shows if an outside agency has filed a detainer against the inmate following the satisfaction of his TDCJ sentence and/or release.
    21. This shows if the inmate has lost good time credits due to a disciplinary case and if so, how many days were lost during the period the inmate has been in TDCJ.
    22. This shows if the inmate has lost work time credits due to a disciplinary case and if so, how many days were lost during the period the inmate has been in TDCJ. If an inmate is placed into administrative segregation, he is given the work time, then the time is deducted and placed in this category. If time is deducted, a note will be added to indicate the inmate has 90 days in which to inquire and grieve any deduction. If good or work time is taken as a punishment, it cannot be restored in the future.
    23. This category will state the current parole status, i.e. in review, BPP date, etc.
    24. This is the estimated date upon which TDCJ anticipates the inmate may gain release. Rarely is this date accurate.
    25. * This note will be added to the printout should the inmate not be eligible for good and work time credits being used toward reaching the parole eligibility date. The reason is for conviction of a aggravated or 3g crime.
    26. * This statement will be added to the printout should the inmate be ineligible for mandatory supervision.
    27. This is the number of requests the inmate has made for a printout.
    28. An inmate’s disciplinary status will be stated following this comment.

http://www.paroletexas.com/articles.htm

He has earned good time on an agg charge??? I thought that was not possible?? Info please....
    Posted via Mobile Device

My husband has also received good time on a aggravated charge. It is not 3G (I think that is what they call it).

Veteran Member

I didn't think they could receive good time for an aggravated charge. Or that's what my son told me but he's a 3G. That must be the difference.
    Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
    Houston, TX

Veteran Member

An aggravated and/or violent charge is not necessarily 3G. There are specific offenses that are listed as 3G. All non-3G charges, including violent charges, are eligible to earn good time towards their Parole Eligibility. However, none of them, 3G and violent charges, earn good time toward their Sentence because they're ineligible for Mandatory Supervision--which is why their Projected Release Date is set to their Maximum Sentence Date. All 3G charges do not have parole eligibility until they served 1/2 their Sentence--Flat time only.

Here is the list of 3G Offenses as set by the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 42.12 Sec. 3g:

(a) The provisions of Section 3 of this article do not apply:
    (1) to a defendant adjudged guilty of an offense under:
    (A) Section 19.02, Penal Code (Murder);
    (B) Section 19.03, Penal Code (Capital murder);
    (C) Section 21.11(a)(1), Penal Code (Indecency with a child);
    (D) Section 20.04, Penal Code (Aggravated kidnapping);
    (E) Section 22.021, Penal Code (Aggravated sexual assault);
    (F) Section 29.03, Penal Code (Aggravated robbery);
    (G) Chapter 481, Health and Safety Code, for which punishment is increased under:
    (i) Section 481.140 [Use of Child in Commission of Offense], Health and Safety Code; or
    (ii) Section 481.134(c), (d), (e), or (f), Health and Safety Code [Relating to Drug Free Zones], if it is shown that the defendant has been previously convicted of an offense for which punishment was increased under any of those subsections;
    (H) Section 22.011, Penal Code (Sexual assault);
    or
    (I) Section 22.04(a)(1), Penal Code (Injury to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual), if the offense is punishable as a felony of the first degree and the victim of the offense is a child; or
    (2) to a defendant when it is shown that a deadly weapon as defined in Section 1.07, Penal Code, was used or exhibited during the commission of a felony offense or during immediate flight therefrom, and that the defendant used or exhibited the deadly weapon or was a party to the offense and knew that a deadly weapon would be used or exhibited. On an affirmative finding under this subdivision, the trial court shall enter the finding in the judgment of the court. On an affirmative finding that the deadly weapon was a firearm, the court shall enter that finding in its judgment.

What is mandatory supervision?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by faydid82 View Post
    What is mandatory supervision?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Before 1996 TDCJ would automatically released offenders on their Projected Release Date--also known as Mandatory Supervision. However after 1996, TX Legislation enacted HB 1433 which states that the Parole Board much grant an offender release on their projected release date.

In short, Mandatory Supervision is an Offender's Projected Release Date. Their Good Time + Flat Time = Sentence.

My husband of convicted July 2004, doest he have to do 1/3 or 1/4 of his time? Like I stated earlier every 2 or 3 months the parole people pull his jacket for "Parole Review."

What is "Parole Time Credits?"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information