+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mandi.licious View Post
    it may or may not change where is he now? I will post the numbers to each board n u can call n see who he is under then ask if they have recieved his file yet...best bet right now is about 3 months after seeing IPO to get an answer
    He is at the trusty camp in Montford unit (Lubbock)..ok thanx for that, I didn't kno I cud call and ask bout that! Thank u!

This is the number for the Huntsville Board which is for Estelle 936-291-2161 This is the number for the Amarillo Board which covers Montford 806-359-7656 I would call each and see where his file is going to go if he say IPO under Huntsville I would think it would stay there but with TDCJ you never know
    I DIDNT CHOOSE THIS LIFE THIS LIFE CHOSE ME CUZ ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE

Quote Originally Posted by mandi.licious View Post
    This is the number for the Huntsville Board which is for Estelle 936-291-2161 This is the number for the Amarillo Board which covers Montford 806-359-7656 I would call each and see where his file is going to go if he say IPO under Huntsville I would think it would stay there but with TDCJ you never know
    Ok thank u sooooo much, imma call them! ;D

My husband just got to the Holliday unit on monday, he's up for parole today!! How is that possible, he did have back time and had been at county for over 3 months. How likely is it he will make his first parole? He got a 3 yr sentence and its not aggravated. His projected release date was 12-30-14 but when I looked today it had changed to 12-18-14. I wrote a letter of support and mailed it today but now I'm not sure I mailed it to the right place. Where should I have mailed it to? His dad wrote one too. What else can I do to help? We want him home ASAP!!

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Quote Originally Posted by devyn1221 View Post
    I wrote a letter of support and mailed it today but now I'm not sure I mailed it to the right place. Where should I have mailed it to?
    Q: What kind of information do I include in a support letter and where do I send it?
    A: Include information that demonstrates to the parole panel that an offender has a support system in place upon release. Letters may include information regarding employment/potential employment, residence, transportation, available treatment programs (as applicable), or other information the writer feels would be helpful to the parole panel in making their decision. Be sure to include the offender's name and TDCJ number. Send letters to: TDCJ - Parole Division, Attention: Correspondence, P.O. Box 13401, Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711.
    Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks that was helpful!!

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by devyn1221 View Post
    Thanks that was helpful!!
    You're Welcome!

Glad I Could Help Out...

Hi,

I have a quick question because my husband has the same, been there 4 months with 2 additional back-time. I'm trying to at least figure out a PED date. Also, you said he's up for parole today. Do you mean he became eligible (PED) or he actually talked to an IPO? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My husband is being reviewed I don't really know anymore than that. He is still being processed so I haven't been able to talk to him. I don't know if he has talked to them yet r not. I called yesterday and the parole said he was being reviewed. Hats the only info they gave me. How long did they take to process ur husband?

Hey Devyn1221,

Mines is still in county but once they get transferred to the intake unit it takes up to 30 days from the date he was picked up from county. Unfortunately you won't be able to talk to him until then. You can write him but he won't be able to write him back. I assuming he is under review because he was already eligible for parole when in county. Have you sent his parole packet?

Hi, my fiancée was sentence to 7 years for DWI and this is his second. He has seen parole twice since his arrest on Dec. 27,2012. My question is what are his chances of making parole on April of 2014? I have written a support letter on his behalf. I'm just curious on how they make these decisions.

My husband has been denied twice as well for dwi. Their reason: past criminal history. Good luck!

Veteran Member

My husband got 15 years for DWI. He was denied parole 5 times. He finally was granted his RMS in June 2013. He did right at 7 years on the 15 year sentence. Best of luck to you.

I am 21 and new to all of this. My fiancé just signed for 5yrs. He has been in county for 7 months and just moved to holliday unit 3 weeks ago. I wanted to know when he would be up for parole?

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mikeNjoni View Post
    I am 21 and new to all of this. My fiancé just signed for 5yrs. He has been in county for 7 months and just moved to holliday unit 3 weeks ago. I wanted to know when he would be up for parole?
    Here is a link to the Texas Offender Search,when TX is done with him at the Reception Center they should post his Parole Eligibility date if he qualifies for receiving parole http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/Off...arch/index.jsp

Here are a few more links to help you out with more questions you may have.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/faq/index.html

Frequently Asked Questions

Inmate General Information

Offender Orientation Handbook - Handbook designed to provide the TDCJ offender population with general information and a standard of acceptable conduct. General Information Guide for Families of Offenders - Explains the intake process and provides a brief description of the offender program areas within TDCJ. Intended to assist the families of offenders in understanding how TDCJ operates.
    • Intake
    • Mail
    • Visitation
    • Trust Fund
    • Commissary
    • Family Assistance
    • Education
    • Job Training
    • Religion
    • Health
    • Recreation
    • Non Medical Emergency
    • Absences
    • Good Conduct Time
    • Discipline
    • Grievances
    • Legal Assistance
    • Release

It says my fiancé was up for Parole Eligibility Date 2014-01-03 . They didn't say anything to him it's already past?

Senior Super Moderator

It says my fiancé was up for Parole Eligibility Date 2014-01-03 . They didn't say anything to him it's already past?
    Once they are done processing him through and he gets to his home prison, check and see if that date changes

If that is in fact his date he may already be in review you can call parole and find out. He can be in review for a few months since it is his 1st time but the best place to call would be the board he's under once he gets to his I'd unit
    I DIDNT CHOOSE THIS LIFE THIS LIFE CHOSE ME CUZ ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE

what is a parole packet?

Senior Super Moderator

what is a parole packet?
    Here are a few links the first one explains a parole packet

http://forum.jpay.com/texas-doc/1617...packet-samples

http://forum.jpay.com/prison-legal-h...support-letter

what parole board is Plane State ? Does a parole pack help at all ? is this the same info our loved ones gives them any way ? dont they call us to ask about where they will live and work ?

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by spiceone777 View Post
    what parole board is Plane State ? Does a parole pack help at all ? is this the same info our loved ones gives them any way ? dont they call us to ask about where they will live and work ?
    PAROLE PACKETS

Q: What is a parole packet? Does my loved one need a parole packet to make parole? Should I hire someone to do it for me?
    A: A "parole packet" is a collection of information submitted to the Board by an incarcerated offender or their family in support of the offender's release. The offender does not need to make, nor have made, a "parole packet" to obtain a favorable board vote.

Q: When will I know what the parole panel members have voted on a case and how will I find out?
    A: You may contact the voting board office or the Board of Pardons and Paroles status line in Huntsville at (936)291-2106. Please have the offender's name, TDCJ-ID number and/or date of birth available to assist the staff in obtaining the correct information.

SUPPORT LETTERS

Q: Does the parole panel look at support letters?
    A: Support letters are placed in an offender's case file and are available to the parole panel during the parole review process.
    Q: What kind of information do I include in a support letter and where do I send it?
    A: Include information that demonstrates to the parole panel that an offender has a support system in place upon release. Letters may include information regarding employment/potential employment, residence, transportation, available treatment programs (as applicable), or other information the writer feels would be helpful to the parole panel in making their decision. Be sure to include the offender's name and TDCJ number. Send letters to: TDCJ - Parole Division, Attention: Correspondence, P.O. Box 13401, Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711.
    Q: Will a large number of petitions and letters make more of a difference to the parole panel than just a few?
    A: No, a few clear and concise letters stating the nature of support -- financial, vocational, residential, etc. -- are preferable to voluminous petitions and letters. It is not necessary to send a copy of the letter to each parole panel member. Letters are placed in the offender's file to be available to any reviewing parole panel member.
    Q: Will the Board accept the certificates and course completion information I am sending them for consideration when they review my loved one for parole?
    A: The Board will accept copies of certificates and course completion information; however an offender's program completions and certifications are already included in the interview/case summary the institutional parole officer submits to the Board for review.

BOARD OFFICE LOCATIONS

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles maintains headquarters in Austin and Huntsville under Presiding Officer Rissie Owens, along with six Board offices each supervised by a board member. Generally, parole review cases are assigned to offices based on the TDCJ unit locations (links follow each office listing).
    Mailing Address

Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
    P. O. Box 13401
    Austin, Texas 78711-3401
    Email: bpp-pio@tdcj.state.tx.us

Central Offices

AUSTIN LOCATIONS

209 West 14th Street, Suite 500
    Austin, Texas 78701
    Phone: (512) 406-5452
    Fax: (512) 463-8120
    8610 Shoal Creek Blvd.
    Austin, Texas 78757
    Phone: (512) 406-5452
    Fax: (512) 467-0945

HUNTSVILLE LOCATION

1300 11th Street, Suite 505
    Huntsville, Texas 77342-0599
    Phone: (936) 291-2161
    Fax: (936) 291-8367

Contact Information

Senior Super Moderator

what parole board is Plane State ?
    BOARD OFFICE LOCATIONS

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles maintains headquarters in Austin and Huntsville under Presiding Officer Rissie Owens, along with six Board offices each supervised by a board member. Generally, parole review cases are assigned to offices based on the TDCJ unit locations.

Plane State falls under Region III which shows Lubbock for parole review

here this is for the unit directory
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/index.html

and when you press on the Region that it shows under Plane State it takes you to this page for more Info
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/reg3.html

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/ho_locations/Reg3.html
    Last edited by TexasDust; 01-15-2014 at 04:49 PM.

i just called plane state and they said its under the angleton board .. thank you TEXASDUST .. any info on that board ? like are there more declined or more approved [aroles ?

Senior Super Moderator

i just called plane state and they said its under the angleton board .. thank you TEXASDUST .. any info on that board ? like are there more declined or more approved [aroles ?
    WooHoo!

You called and got an answer

The Members who deal with Texas DOC can tell you what boards they see more activity from Positive or Negative when it comes to parole decisions

I just do a lot of reading in each states Department of Corrections Website pages to try and help out with answers to questions, that can be found by searching that states DOC Website pages.

I do know that the parole process gets confusing (that is an Understatement, it is All Confusing what TX does), the parole board location has nothing to do with where they hold the parole review which in turn seems where you send the support letter or parole packet is different than where they are at and so on.

If a person reads what the DOC has up it may make more sense, than someone answering questions with answers that may have nothing to do with what your really looking for.

Super Moderator

I have some experience with them....Angleton Board has a reputation of being a tough board - when my husband was under that board he was denied as well as the majority of some other jpay members loved ones as well.
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

ouch KHERNANDEZ .. her PRD is 2\15 with a max date of 1/17 . o im praying she will be home this yr .. she was eligible for parole on 12/2013 . havent talked with her yet to see if parole has seen her .. im praying for good news as we all ar e.. praying for all of us to be strong and not lose hope ..

Does the parole board always do an interview with the offender?

Veteran Member

No, a parole board voter does not interview the inmate. An IPO (Institutional Parole Officer) goes to the unit and interviews them, does a report, and turns it in to the parole board.

Do they move inmates when there parole date gets closer?

My husbands PED was 1-25-14. No one ever interviewed him so I called to ask what's up and they told me his case is under review but it could take up to 6 MONTHS! I was very surprised to say the least, but I guess there are a lot of cases that need to be reviewed at any given time.
    I wonder why no one ever interviewed him and will they take into consideration the fact that he got so sick (hospitalized 2 weeks) while he was there? I wish they would let him out to go see his own doc.

My husband just called and said they are moving him to another unit...he thinks Huntsville. He is under review and has been since Sept. 2013. Do they usually move them while under review? We don't have an answer yet on his parole decision...could this mean he is getting the much awaited YES vote to come home?

I have some questions, I'm new to this and my husband is under review as of 1/21/14, his projected release date is 8/24/14. Will the parole have an answer before then...I call and they tell me to call back in July. He is in the middleton unit right now. I've been so stressed out with all of this....please help

In TDCJ his eligible date for parole means he is cleared for review . Has he seen Parole yet ? If so then he is waiting for them to approve or .... give him a 1 yr set off ( and yes they will give him an answer before his PRD . If he has not seen parole then he is waiting for review which will happen I would think real soon . If he has not seen parole then get a letter sent to the parole board letting them know you are his support . They have a better chance making parole when then have family support .. Hope this helps .

Default Parole review questions

My son has been eligible for parole since August 2013 with a projected release date of 8/2014

He just started a 60 day (I think) Changes Class. He has been told since he was entered into thi class they are getting ready to parole him out. Is that true?

Also, he is at Holliday Unit. With a projected release date of 8/2014. Is this his home unit (he has been there since October 2013) or are they still gonna transfer him?

My husbands ped is march 31, 2014. This is his first time up and no one has seen him yet. It sounds like they are really behind if I'm reading this correctly and we will be waiting for a while longer. He is under the Palestine board. Which boards do you all fall under?

Veteran Member

My husband's PED was at the start of December last year. BUT they pulled his file months prior to that so we started sending his packet and what not to the board Oct/Nov. Both the family and my husband met with the lead voter in January (we had a lawyer setting this up for us). They did not give a decision about parole until Feb. You can call the board he is under and ask them if they have received his file yet for review.

Quote Originally Posted by Vemsweetheart View Post
    My husbands ped is march 31, 2014. This is his first time up and no one has seen him yet. It sounds like they are really behind if I'm reading this correctly and we will be waiting for a while longer. He is under the Palestine board. Which boards do you all fall under?
    Home since March 20, 2014.....

Veteran Member

AND the only reason he was able to meet with the lead voter is because he was denied the previous year and he has been in there almost 20 years. Usually the 'inmate' does not have the opportunity to meet with the lead voter. But the family can request a visit in person or over the phone. He also met with the IPO at the prison I believe right around December. Has the IPO met with yours yet? It is a 3 min process where they tell the 'inmate' that they are being reviewed for parole basically. BUT I would still call the office your LO is under and ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by scrillagurl View Post
    My husband's PED was at the start of December last year. BUT they pulled his file months prior to that so we started sending his packet and what not to the board Oct/Nov. Both the family and my husband met with the lead voter in January (we had a lawyer setting this up for us). They did not give a decision about parole until Feb. You can call the board he is under and ask them if they have received his file yet for review.
    Home since March 20, 2014.....

Thanks. No he hasn't seen the iPo yet. One of my friends called yesterday and they are seeing them close to their ped. I guess I need to just forget about it until the end of march. Ahhhh.

My husband saw the ipo in the first week of febuary and his elegabilty date was 12-4-13 we r still waiting on an answer. Praying for the best. He said they asked him a bunch of questions bout drugs and rehab. He in for a non agervated assalt. Im bout to call them now to ck. Have a blessed day everyone.

My LO PED was 11/2013 and still has not seen an IPO. I call the TDCJ line and all I get is they have until June 2014 to make a decision. He's in Middleton. Does anyone know what may be going on as to why IPO hasn't seen him yet? It's been 4 months.

That is odd that he hasn't been seen. Is this his first time up? My husband's ped is 03/31/14 and was finally seen by the iPo on march 6th. This is his first time up after 17 and a half years. I am waiting patiently. He on the other hand is going crazy. I hope he gets seen soon. Have you called the iPo yourself?

Jamie, my "adopted" son is supposed to have have his first parole hearing in July after 8 1/2 years (out of 17) He said he won't make it because he isn't in the right line class. They will put it off for another 5 years. When I read about what you have to put in a packet I'm feeling overwelmed. I don't have his"family" behind me. They just aren't there. There is no possibility of an atty. Even if he won't make it this time wouldn't it be important for the parole board to get positive things to read on his behalf that would be in his record?

My loved one was eligible for parole 3 months before he was transferred from county out to TDCJ. Does anyone know how long it takes to come before the parole board when you are already eligible? He is in on a 5 year sentence for burglary of a habitation/credit for time served/eligible after a 1/4 (which he's already met). The projected release date on the TDCJ site is 10/17/2015. At the sentencing hearing his lawyer told me that there should be no reason that he won't get parole the first time. He went to county on 11/14/2013 after his probation for the burglary charge was revoked. He was transferred from county to Holliday in Huntsville on 03/19/2014. He has been eligible for parole since 01/25/2014. One person (who has been in and out of jail most of his life) told me that if you go into TDC already eligible you will see the parole board in 3 - 6 weeks. My LO is the only person I've ever known who has spent time in jail so all of this is totally new to me. I'm totally out of my element and appreciate any information. :-)

My husbands PED was in January. I have been calling Austin a couple of times a month since then because he hadn't been seen. They kept telling me he was under review.
    They finally came to see him last week - 3 1/2 months later.. So now I just wonder how long do I wait before I start calling again? I know that since he was just seen on Thursday, this week is probably not the right time, but when would be?

We have been under review process since January 4th. My husband turned in his cap plan March 2 nd. To his counselor. Then he was interviewed by IPO on April 24th. The IPO told him we should know something in 2 weeks....so I think I'll start calling next week....we must keep God in our hears in is in control may he be in the parole boards heart when making a decision ......please God I left them up in prayer ....God bless you all!!!

Veteran Member

Good luck ladies, hopefully there will lots of homecomings! Prayers for everyone!

My husband has been eligable for parole since 12-4-13, he saw the ipo on feb 6th. Hes got a 3yr sentance. Its not agervated and i call them every week they still havent made a decision yet. I need to know do they have to parole out to the same county they were charged in? I had a small electral fire this afternoon and i need to move but cant seem to find anything in this county. I dont know what to think bc no one has contacted me to approve the home.

Approved fi 3r I'm super excited it took them 5 months to make the decision but now I know it won't be long he just talked to parole today and they r taking him off his job so he can finish his changes sooner wow I can't believe it's almost love thank God

Veteran Member

Congratulations on your parole!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information