Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Exclamation Texas board of pardons and paroles

TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...locations.html

MEMBERS OF THE TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...d_members.html

*Request by Telephone

The following offices are open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Call the following numbers to find out an offender's status/location: Offender parole review status line (prior to being voted by the BPP to be released) - Board of Pardons and Paroles status line in Huntsville (936) 291-2106. Must have TDCJ or SID# or date of birth.
    Offender parole release status line (after being voted by the BPP to be released) - Parole Division status line in Austin (512) 406‑5202. Must have TDCJ or SID# or date of birth.
    Offender Locator/General Information Line - Huntsville, (936) 295-6371, or (800) 535-0283.

*NOTE: If you do not know the offender's TDCJ or SID number you MUST provide EXACT date of birth of offender for telephone requests.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 05-06-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Can somebody tell me about how long it takes for the to release them after they approved the address? My hubby got granted parole on Aug. 31st and today they called and approved our address but I am trying to find out what is the next step. The man that called me said it shouldn't take no longer then a month but I don't know. I am new to this.

Thank you

try calling these numbers and talking to the ombudsman. they probably won't give you a release date until it is down to the wire but the ombudsman will be able to give you more information than anyone. good luck!

TDCJ-Parole Division Ombudsman
    Issues from the public relating to parole supervision. May also respond to concerns from offenders on parole or mandatory supervision.
    P.O. Box 13401, Austin, TX 78758
    (512) 406-5795
    Fax-(512) 406-5858

General offender status information may be obtained at
    www.tdcj.state.tx.us
    Agency Toll-Free Telephone Number
    1-800-535-0283

How long was he there? im just curious. My hubby was sentenced to 12 yrs, i am wanting to know the rates on parole approval.

email patrick.ivey@tdcj.state.tx.us - his is the Director in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by DalilaG View Post
    How long was he there? im just curious. My hubby was sentenced to 12 yrs, i am wanting to know the rates on parole approval.
    My hubby is also on a 12. he was denied first parole all cuz somebody out here is against hie getting out. We are still fighting for him to be granted and allowed to come back home to his family. But honestly it takes quit some time to get any kind of answer, well in my experiance it has. But good luck with everything and keep your head up.
    AnnerNinner

Default Support Letters for Parole Packets

I would like to hear from the love ones of offenders, who have been up for parole. Did you feel like your support letters made a difference? Did his letter to the board have an impact? Was it more about the nature of the crime? Did a parole attorney change the outcome?
    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

i wonder the same thing i made a parole packing several months ago for my love one, he is coming up for review anyday and i wonder does it really help or makes a difference when support letters are involved.

what is a parole packet are they aquired ? from where

A parole packet is something you put together for your loved one incarcerated. It contains support letters from friends and family, certificates (from courses while incarcerated), family photos, parole plan, etc. There are examples under Parole Packet preparation section. It goes in before they are reviewed by Parole Board.

Veteran Member

Default The Commissioner I spoke with

Quote Originally Posted by raelgirl View Post
    I would like to hear from the love ones of offenders, who have been up for parole. Did you feel like your support letters made a difference? Did his letter to the board have an impact? Was it more about the nature of the crime? Did a parole attorney change the outcome?
    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
    The Commissioner I spoke with commended me on our packet and said that it made a huge difference for him, he talked to me at length and even called me the next morning to tell me what to expect because Van had an institutional case that was going to have to be looked at when assessing how long it would actually be before he walked out the gates. I have made our packets every year but this was the 1st year Van actually gave it to the IPO in his interview instead of assuming she had it, he also asked her to please turn it in with her paper work.
    He is finally home after 21 years! Praise God!!!

appy 85...thanks, I keep hearing different stories. I want to keep hope alive.

That would be nice to know. My daughter has been up for review, but today I noticed that her projected release date changed to the maximum. she is in for forgery and nothing violent. PRD was showing 11-22-2011 so we thought she would be out then, but now has been changed to maximum and and can't call parole status line till monday. Guess she got denied parole again Anyone else had PRD change to maximum?

What does a parole packet consist of or would it be just wise to hire a parole lawyer, my husband is up for parole in July of thus coming year and I want to make sure he gets approved, he will have served half of his time already,...can anyone give me any sugestions..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Super Moderator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cimarti2169 View Post
    What does a parole packet consist of or would it be just wise to hire a parole lawyer, my husband is up for parole in July of thus coming year and I want to make sure he gets approved, he will have served half of his time already,...can anyone give me any sugestions..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Parole board letters and parole packet samples
    http://forum.jpay.com/texas-doc/1617...packet-samples

Here is one that is complete to give you and idea
    http://forum.jpay.com/prison-legal-h...parole-package

Hope This Helps!

Thank you, I'm going to check it out...also I will be seeing him in three weeks if god permits and I want to discuss this with him, thanx again..
    Posted via Mobile Device

When would be a good time to send the parole packet?..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Super Moderator

PAROLE / MANDATORY SUPERVISION INFORMATION
    Parole Review Process

A Parole Division case pull list identifies offenders 6 months prior to initial parole eligibility date and subsequent parole review cases are identified 4 months prior to next review date.
    Notice is sent to trial officials/victims/ victims family.
    IPO interviews offender - prepares parole case summary.
    Offender's file is sent to affected board office.
    o A panel consists of 3 parole panel members.
    o 1st voting member reviews/votes case.
    o Case transferred to 2nd voting member - reviews/votes case.
    o 2 similar votes = final vote on case.
    o If the first two votes differ from each other, the 3rd voting member of the panel reviews the case and breaks the tie.
    o There must be a majority of two votes for a vote to become final.
    Offender is notified of the parole panel decision via correspondence .
    Interviewing the offender is at the discretion of the parole panel member.
    Granting interviews to individuals in support/ protest of an offender's release is also at the parole panel member's discretion.
    Parole panel members must grant an interview to victims upon request.

Here is a Link that may help you with any other questions pertaining to Parole:
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/what...ole/review.htm

PAROLE / MANDATORY SUPERVISION INFORMATION
    Voting Options

Parole panel members do not just vote “yes” or “no.” They have a wide range of voting options:

FI-1: Release when eligible.

FI-2: Release on a specified date.

FI-3R: CHANGES/Lifeskills, Voyager, Segovia pre-Release Center (Segovia PRC), or any other approved tier program

FI-4: Transfer to a Pre-Parole Transfer (PPT) facility and release on a specified date

FI-4R: Sex Offender Education Program (SOEP)

FI-5: Requires the offender to complete an In-Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) programs prior to release on parole

FI-6: Transfer to a DWI Program, then release to an alcohol abuse continuum of care treatment program

FI-6R: Pre-Release Therapeutic Community (PRTC), Pre-Release Substance Abuse Program (PRSAP), or In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program (IPTC)

FI-7R Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative (SVORI)

FI-9R Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP-9)

FI-18R: Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP-18) OR InnerChange Freedom Initiative (IFI

NR: Do not release, but set the next parole review month/year

SA: Require the offender to serve all his sentence
    Last edited by TexasDust; 07-31-2012 at 04:17 PM.

how do you get in touch w the commissioner i have been tryin to figure out how to do that

Quote Originally Posted by appy85 View Post
    The Commissioner I spoke with commended me on our packet and said that it made a huge difference for him, he talked to me at length and even called me the next morning to tell me what to expect because Van had an institutional case that was going to have to be looked at when assessing how long it would actually be before he walked out the gates. I have made our packets every year but this was the 1st year Van actually gave it to the IPO in his interview instead of assuming she had it, he also asked her to please turn it in with her paper work.

where can I find out if he if he is under review or if he was granted parole, do you know? I really need to know what is happening whith him. please and thank you.

Question new n have questions???

my husband got sentenced 10 yr for DWIs n possesion of firearm by felon....he got the gun charge n the 3rd DWI charge, n while he was on bond he was aressted agian n got his 4th DWI.. hes been in prison for 3 mths wht is the possibility of him makin his first parole with very gud behavior n he takin GED classes n workin n there and in rehab classes??

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by hernandezBBY** View Post
    my husband got sentenced 10 yr for DWIs n possesion of firearm by felon....he got the gun charge n the 3rd DWI charge, n while he was on bond he was aressted agian n got his 4th DWI.. hes been in prison for 3 mths wht is the possibility of him makin his first parole with very gud behavior n he takin GED classes n workin n there and in rehab classes??
    Im not an expert or anything but chances are he wont make his first parole, they hardly ever do. He has to do atleast 50% of his time then after that you have to rely on the board he falls under. You can go to the TDCJ website and look at the statistics to get an idea when he is at the halfway mark, but even then its case by case. You can send in a parole packet, schedule a phone interview w one of the board members, hire a parole attorney but at the end of the day its in the hands of the parole board. Good luck and God bless.

yea thts wht i was thnkin bt he trynna really convince me tht itl b next year n he juss went in ths past august.. b thanx for tha advice, im juss really curious bout all ths prison stuff kuz we neva delt wit sumthn like ths before>>> god bless yu n yur family!!

Default Parole Board Decision

My husband was interviewed Dec 28th, does anyone know how long it will take the Parole board to make a decision?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes22 View Post
    My husband was interviewed Dec 28th, does anyone know how long it will take the Parole board to make a decision?
    I dont think theres a specific time frame they have to make a descion but normally it takes 4-8 weeks. I would just keep calling the parole board he's under. Mine took 7 weeks & a day to get an answer, good luck!

i have a question about perole ..... my husband got 12 years and he came up for perole march 1,2012 but he didnt go infront of the perole board what does that mean?

Default what if perold didnt come see yoou

i have a question about perole ..... my husband got 12 years and he came up for perole march 1,2012 but he didnt go infront of the perole board what does that mean?

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by talisha View Post
    They see the IPO, then when it is time the inmates File goes in front of the board.

i have some questions about mandatory supervision. My husband recently caught a major case and was moved to a line 3. he was given a parole lay in and saw the IPO. he asked why he was being seen because of his line class and the IPO said his line class didn't matter. He was given 6 years, he has served 5 his review date is sept 1 2012, im just wondering what his chances of making it home early would be. his max is 6-10-13.

Veteran Member

I don't understand that either as I have been told the line class has to be above what he entered TDCJ as. Maybe it is due to the length of time he has served. I read that in a lot of cases they are now letting offenders out prior to their max date so they can have them under supervision when they are first released. Good luck.

Senior Super Moderator

From what I have read Texas still goes through all the motions of the parole hearing, as if they were going to get parole, even if they don't qualify for it, and after the board reviews the file, at that time they will put in his file the reason he didn't qualify for it.

It will be interesting to know what they do in his case. I wish you two the best!

Do you know if early parole is even considered? He got a 2yr sentence but it says he can be out in Dec! Someone help!! Before I get beyond myself w/ joy!!

my soon to be husband was dinied his first parole in feb but has a short way date of 72712, i made this nice packet for the parole board contasning letters from fmily friends boss church where he does food pantry help a letter showing where he will reside i mean i had it made to the t all nice typted cont pages and binder they still dinied him what they look at is his past if he has had the same offence befor asnd is he a menice to the world and if its augged , they do what they want just keep sending in the letters
    jrs wife

My dad is going up for the 3rd time. The 1st time he was not called in for the interview. The second time he did the inerview and didn't make it. The third time will be next year. It took about 6 months to get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by mamacat View Post
    That would be nice to know. My daughter has been up for review, but today I noticed that her projected release date changed to the maximum. she is in for forgery and nothing violent. PRD was showing 11-22-2011 so we thought she would be out then, but now has been changed to maximum and and can't call parole status line till monday. Guess she got denied parole again Anyone else had PRD change to maximum?
    I was wondering what the parole status I'm new to this he only got 3 yrs so I guess I should feel lucky but he just done 2 in Bartlett state jail

Hello.im new to all this. My bf is in Pam Lynchner unit and im trying to put a parol packet together but i dont know who to address it to....HELP me please!!!

Lostwithout him you send the parole packet to the board he's under which in this case is the
    Huntsville board
    1300 11th St., Suite 520
    P.O. Box 599
    Huntsville, TX 77342-0599
    936-291-2161
    I would call that number and ask if you're sending mail to them do you use their PO BOX cuz no other board has 2 addresses

Also just so he knows what you've included send a copy in case the ask him any questions regarding the packet you're both on the same page
    Last edited by mandi.licious; 08-29-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    I DIDNT CHOOSE THIS LIFE THIS LIFE CHOSE ME CUZ ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE

Question: Has anyone heard about a new law concerning drug free zone charges and parole?? I was told that they are going to start to change the rules on parole for the flat time offenders, they are going to start going by the amount they were caught with in the drug free zone?? Anyone heard the same or different???? Please I need some hope, if u got any info let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Smith View Post
    Question: Has anyone heard about a new law concerning drug free zone charges and parole?? I was told that they are going to start to change the rules on parole for the flat time offenders, they are going to start going by the amount they were caught with in the drug free zone?? Anyone heard the same or different???? Please I need some hope, if u got any info let me know
    Heather I havent heard anything like that and I highly doubt due to it being a drug free zone and most of those being schools it will not change

My son is in Cole Unit in Bonham Texas. How do I know what board he is under? I'm getting his parole packet together myself and surely don't want to mess this up!!

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TexasQuilter View Post
    My son is in Cole Unit in Bonham Texas. How do I know what board he is under? I'm getting his parole packet together myself and surely don't want to mess this up!!
    With this link that is provided in the first post, when you click on it you will see on the bottom left side the board offices when you click on each of those links on the bottom of their address you will see a link to Their Assigned Units

Senior Super Moderator

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
    SUPPORT LETTERS

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/faq/SupportLetters.html

Q: Does the parole panel look at support letters?
    A: Support letters are placed in an offender's case file and are available to the parole panel during the parole review process.
    Q: What kind of information do I include in a support letter and where do I send it?
    A: Include information that demonstrates to the parole panel that an offender has a support system in place upon release. Letters may include information regarding employment/potential employment, residence, transportation, available treatment programs (as applicable), or other information the writer feels would be helpful to the parole panel in making their decision. Be sure to include the offender's name and TDCJ number. Send letters to: Review and Release Processing, TDCJ Parole Division, P.O. Box 13401, Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711.
    Q: Will a large number of petitions and letters make more of a difference to the parole panel than just a few?
    A: No, a few clear and concise letters stating the nature of support -- financial, vocational, residential, etc. -- are preferable to voluminous petitions and letters. It is not necessary to send a copy of the letter to each parole panel member. Letters are placed in the offender's file to be available to any reviewing parole panel member.
    Q: Will the Board accept the certificates and course completion information I am sending them for consideration when they review my loved one for parole?
    A: The Board will accept copies of certificates and course completion information; however an offender's program completions and certifications are already included in the interview/case summary the institutional parole officer submits to the Board for review.

Q
    : Will I be notified of the date of a parole review? If so, when?
    A: Unless you are registered with Victims Services as a victim of the offender, victim's family member, guardian of a victim, or concerned citizen, you will not be notified of an upcoming review date. You may contact the appropriate board office to send letters of support or to request an interview with a parole panel member. You may call the TDCJ Parole Division, Review & Release Processing Section, at (512) 406-5202 after BPP has voted the offender to be released for the release status.

Q
    : When will I know what the parole panel members have voted on a case and how will I find out?
    A: You may contact the voting board office or the Board of Pardons and Paroles status line in Huntsville at (936)291-2106. Please have the offender's name, TDCJ-ID number and/or date of birth available to assist the staff in obtaining the correct information.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 04-05-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Red face Mailing Parole packet

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDust View Post

MEMBERS OF THE TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...d_members.html
    So do we mail the Parole packet to the PO box? I want to mail it with Signature Confirmation or send it Fed Ex with Signature Confirmation. I know how things can just disappear.

Thanks so much for your help!! I have such a nervous stomach with all this, that I make myself sick. I know all of you can relate to that! ha!

Red face re: mailing packet

Sorry! We must have been posting at the same time. I'm especially anxious today over all this. I see my son this Sunday for the First time since he was locked up Jan 2.

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TexasQuilter View Post
    Sorry! We must have been posting at the same time. I'm especially anxious today over all this. I see my son this Sunday for the First time since he was locked up Jan 2.
    It is okay sometimes we Moderators or Members will answer the same questions at the same time and all we can do is laugh

I sure hope you enjoy your visit with your son! Please drive safe as well...

I have heard Members talk about who they send it too which varies but seems to get the Real answer would be to call one of these divisions and find out for sure and mention it is a Parole Packet and the unit he is in.

Central Offices

AUSTIN LOCATIONS

209 West 14th Street, Suite 500
    Austin, Texas 78701
    Phone: (512) 406-5452
    Fax: (512) 463-8120
    8610 Shoal Creek Blvd.
    Austin, Texas 78757
    Phone: (512) 406-5452
    Fax: (512) 467-0945

HUNTSVILLE LOCATION

1300 11th Street, Suite 520
    Huntsville, Texas 77342-0599
    Phone: (936) 291-2161
    Fax: (936) 291-8367

Well, I have my son's parole packet together and will mail it tomorrow. If someone can clarify for me, what type folder or notebook do they prefer to have these sent in? On the info it said something about report folders with clear front, but it also said something about a 3 ring binder. What have any of you sent yours in?

I'll be so glad to get this out of my hands and off my shoulders! It has been so stressful to me. Yesterday I tried to write my letter of support and all I could do all day was cry! Then pray, then cry more, then pray more.

Hi, my hubby has 2 yr sentence and was elegible for parole march 23 2013, hes in the review process, does anybody know about how long it takes? Hes on dialysis, wud this make the process faster?

It could take 6-8 months if this is his 1st time seeing parole and unfortunetly they dont care...praying everything works out for the best...do u know what board he is under?

Quote Originally Posted by mandi.licious View Post
    It could take 6-8 months if this is his 1st time seeing parole and unfortunetly they dont care...praying everything works out for the best...do u know what board he is under?
    Ok thanx, he actually had his interview last month!!! We waitin on an answer, n the PO told him he wud b out real soon!..he said for sure before oct, bt they told him rite now to get an answer will take 1½-2 mnths..im not sure on the board, wen he had his interview he was at estelle n 2 days later he got moved, so idk if it changes with the move:/

it may or may not change where is he now? I will post the numbers to each board n u can call n see who he is under then ask if they have recieved his file yet...best bet right now is about 3 months after seeing IPO to get an answer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information