+ Reply to Thread

Default How long does it take to get a release date?

My fiance is set to be done with the CHANGES class around the 1st week of August. Does he get an actual release date after he completely completes the class or do they configure the date before hand? We live in IL so it would be nice to know when I need to schedulr to be there at Mineral Wells to come get him and bring him home. Our address has already been approved by the PO he'll have when he gets here. Can someone help me?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Deesgirl View Post
    My fiance is set to be done with the CHANGES class around the 1st week of August. Does he get an actual release date after he completely completes the class or do they configure the date before hand? We live in IL so it would be nice to know when I need to schedulr to be there at Mineral Wells to come get him and bring him home. Our address has already been approved by the PO he'll have when he gets here. Can someone help me?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I'm feeling you right now. "The Honey" was approved on May 24...today is exactly 30 days ago and I'm CONSTANTLY and DAILY waiting for a release date. When I call the TDCJ hotline of course they say "the process takes 30-60 days to get a release date." Hopefully JP0619 will be watching the forum and help you more than I.........A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE that person has !!!!

Good Luck !
    "Bernie's Wifey"

"The Honey" received an FI-1 on May 24, 2011 ! He's finally on his way home !!! :

I know....lol. She's so helpful.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I'm in IL so it would be nice to know ahead of time when he was coming home so I can plan on going to get him.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Does anyone know how they configure the release dates? Anything is helpful.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deesgirl View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device

When the Parole Board votes for an FI-3 Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than three months from specified date. So, I presume that the Parole Board specified a "no sooner date" with their voting and that it will allow them to complete the class and have TDCJ Process it. Once he is near or close to his "no sooner date" then TDCJ will start the Release Process.

I'd say your best best is to actually call the ("headquarters") Parole Board in Austin (512) 406-5250 or his Parole Board Location either a little bit before or soon after he completes his CHANGES Program and talk with them about the release procedure and date for an FI-3. I'd also emphasize your need to take off work and have an ideal of when to fly in and pick up and I believe they may (or may not) be a little willing to help you out with information based on this situation.

I hope this helps and I apologize for not being more detailed in my response. I wish you two the best of luck and please keep us posted!

Also, thank you for the compliment! Very sweet of you!!!
    Last edited by JP0619; 06-26-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Sorry it's been so long to reply. Been working like crazy taking care of the kids and trying to pay all the bills since he's not here. But thank you so much for your help JP0619. That was morebthan I could've found out. I will definitely keep you all posted when I finally hear something.
    Posted via Mobile Device

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information