+ Reply to Thread

Default middleton unit in abilene...

I have my fiance @ this transfer unit and i am new to this jpay system. I sent him a letter 2days ago and am unsure of how i recieve a reply. Is this just a way for them to get mail quicker but not able to actually get on the jpay site and reply bk or do i just wait for mail on my jpay account that i have set up??

I would appreciate any help on understanding the jpay system and if anyone knows anything about middleton transfer unit. Thanks!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa86 View Post
    I have my fiance @ this transfer unit and i am new to this jpay system. I sent him a letter 2days ago and am unsure of how i recieve a reply. Is this just a way for them to get mail quicker but not able to actually get on the jpay site and reply bk or do i just wait for mail on my jpay account that i have set up??
    My husband transferred in/out of Middleton Unit back in March 2011. Jpay is a quicker way for them to receive mail. All jpay mail sent before 10am (you might want to check with the mail room for exact cut-off time) they receive the same day and after 10am they will receive the jpay the following/next day. In order to respond they have to send out mail through regular USPS mail. They cannot respond and/or send mail through jpay themselves. Mail going out of Middleton Unit is not terribly bad either. I receive mail fairly quickly from him being that I live in Dallas and Middleton Unit is in Abilene.

Nessa86 although Middleton is a transfer unit, depending on the length of your fiances sentence he may stay there up until he is transferred somewhere else to be released. It is possible. You may only have a contact visit if you are married. At this particular unit if you are his common law wife that would be enough for a contact visit as well. You must have a land line if you want to talk to him on the phone. You should be able to visit with him after about a month or so of him being there. Before you go to visit him call on friday afternoon to make sure that he is still there and is able to have visitation. The visits are two hours long. I believe the first two months is only non contact visitation talking through the phone behind a window. If you are legally married or common law married you will be able to have contact visitations which is much better. You may bring only quarters in a plastic bag to purchase him drinks and snacks. You must dress very conservatively. You may only wear pants or long dresses down to your ankles. No shorts are allowed. Nothing skin tight. Fitted jeans are fine. No tank tops. Nothing too low cut. You get the picture. They will do a pat down and ask you to take off your shoes. You can only bring in your keys and change. The jpay mail works great in my experience. He will send you usps mail when he replies. If you are traveling over a certain number of miles you may request a special visit ahead of time. I'm not sure on the exact mileage. The drive is very straight forward and easy if you live in the dfw area.

what all would you like to know about the unit? i worked at the robertson unit next door to middleton and have been inside middleton many times. i will try and help in any way.

My best friend/boy friend was transfered from Tarrant County, Green Bay last Tuesday to Middleton. I have emailed him and written him. I know I can't see him for at least 30 days, all non contact but how soon can they call? I have registered my landline at home.. I wonder if our guys are in the same area? He has only been there a week. I used to be able to see him everyday in county since the changed the rules and talk to him using jpay as long as I had money in the account, but I haven't heard anything and it's getting so hard not to know if he is ok. I live in Fort Worth so Abilene is only 3 hrs away. I am having a hard time waiting to hear something??? Have you heard from your guy?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverSunshinegirl View Post
    My best friend/boy friend was transfered from Tarrant County, Green Bay last Tuesday to Middleton. I have emailed him and written him. I know I can't see him for at least 30 days, all non contact but how soon can they call? I have registered my landline at home.. I wonder if our guys are in the same area? He has only been there a week. I used to be able to see him everyday in county since the changed the rules and talk to him using jpay as long as I had money in the account, but I haven't heard anything and it's getting so hard not to know if he is ok. I live in Fort Worth so Abilene is only 3 hrs away. I am having a hard time waiting to hear something??? Have you heard from your guy?
    I hate to tell you this but receiving a phone call is a bit of work for TDCJ. It's not as easy as County phone calls because they're not able to call cell phones. It's required that any phone calls from TDCJ must be through a registered landline phone. So, if you want to receive calls then you will need to have a landline phone registered to you in your name and you have to be on his Visitor List.

Once you have a landline registered in your name then you can register with Texas Friends & Family. However, Texas Friends & Family will have to wait to receive his Visitation List from TDCJ before you can register. They update every Tuesday and Thursday. Once they're able to verify that you're on his Visitation List and you have a landline registered in your name then they will tell you that you're approved or denied. If approved then they forward the information to Securus who will set-up an account for you. If you're denied then they will give you the reasons as to why.

You do have to agree to certain terms and conditions one of them being you cannot make three-way calls. Also, he can make calls as soon as his account is activated and he's in general population--so once he finishes the intake process which can take up to 3-4 weeks and from what I know/hear about Middleton intake process it can take up to the whole 4 weeks.

It kind of sucks but it's TDCJ and you either do it and receive calls or you don't and you live through letters and visits. Good luck!

When you send him a letter through J-pay he should get it the following day. He can't write you back through j-pay he must send you a letter through the mail.

That is correct. They do enjoy them
    determined23

Do you know if it takes the full 30-45 days to see a loved one? My husband was transferred to the Middleton Unit June 25th and our children and I really want to see him. They told me we can't see him atleast until 30-45 days and can't get contact visit until atleast 60 days. Is the wait REALLY that long?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissWatson0308 View Post
    Do you know if it takes the full 30-45 days to see a loved one? My husband was transferred to the Middleton Unit June 25th and our children and I really want to see him. They told me we can't see him atleast until 30-45 days and can't get contact visit until atleast 60 days. Is the wait REALLY that long?
    That's pretty much correct. I know Middleton is a little slower in their processing. My husband was there but not really housed for intake but a transient and while he was there he told me it's a bit slower.

They can make calls and have visits when they clear intake and move to general population. The process can take up to 45 days total but it can be sooner than that.

First 60 days from their receive days is non-contact (glass) visits and after that its contact visits. Just how TDCJ is with visits

Good luck!

I just visted my husband this weekend ... He was done with processing at exactly 30 days and I drove to see him (nom contact visit)...
    Since I live 8 hours away I scheduled a special visit for 4 hours bith saturday and sunday ...if not then you can only see him
    One day, we will be able to have a contact visit exactly 60 days after he arrived , that will be next month cant wait
    But call as nd schedule your visit the monday before if you live far ...the staff is very nice and friendly
    Posted via Mobile Device

Ok it was said that once a person is added to the visitation list they can get the approval/denial call...does anyone know how long after an inmate transfers to J Middleton they will have to wait before filling out paperwork for visitation? Is that something they get to do right away? I understand that i have to wait at least 30 days to visit (boooo) but just curious how fast the inmates can get paperwork filled out so i can hurry up this phone registration process. i sent him an email giving him the exact info on my license so there would be no conflicts.

My hubby was able to turn it in after he was done with processing ....
    However it took him a week to complete it bc he gets to put 10 people n all
    The info needs to be exact!! Plus he can only change it every 6 months
    Posted via Mobile Device

ok this is gonna sound stupid but how long does processing take? I know "intake" takes up to 3 months but that's not the same right? I am gonna be the only one on his list and i emailed as soon as he showed up in the system and gave him the exact details to put on his paperwork...
    **Princess**

My finacee is in Middleton and he has been there since July 13th. He still hasn't been able to call yet even though everything is set up. It does seem to take 30-45 days for them to call. Once all the intake things are done and their visitation list is approved or transferred then they should be able to call you. The mail seems to be taking about 9 days for him to receive my letters through usps but the JPAY email is faster and it really seems to help them through. His mail seems to come more than one letter at a time, almost like they are stacked up before they are sent out. I usually get them 3 days after they are post marked and I'm in NC. Like the other ladies have said, they cannot email you back but at least you know that they can read your words. Idk, if your fiancee was allowed to take things from with him from the other location but mine had to wait to make store before he could write. He had to wait to purchase writing supplies. The visitation does seem to be 60 days waiting period also. That is all that I know at this point, hope it helped some.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by simswife01 View Post
    My finacee is in Middleton and he has been there since July 13th. He still hasn't been able to call yet even though everything is set up. It does seem to take 30-45 days for them to call. Once all the intake things are done and their visitation list is approved or transferred then they should be able to call you. The mail seems to be taking about 9 days for him to receive my letters through usps but the JPAY email is faster and it really seems to help them through. His mail seems to come more than one letter at a time, almost like they are stacked up before they are sent out. I usually get them 3 days after they are post marked and I'm in NC. Like the other ladies have said, they cannot email you back but at least you know that they can read your words. Idk, if your fiancee was allowed to take things from with him from the other location but mine had to wait to make store before he could write. He had to wait to purchase writing supplies. The visitation does seem to be 60 days waiting period also. That is all that I know at this point, hope it helped some.
    Well yes it helped...except that I woke up this morning to find that he has been moved to Byrd Unit and when i called there the lady told me he's getting moved again (hopefully to his permanent unit)...so i guess thiswas just delay his writing or calling me that much longer....ugh. on the good side his file was pulled by the parole board and he is getting reviewed so there's something to keep me busy.
    **Princess**

Sorry to hear that you have to wait even longer to hear from him, thats hard. But you got good news all the same, I pray that he gets more good news on his parole!!

Thank you
    I just keep typing up these emails and try to picture him smiling when he reads them...i just wanna know he's ok...i wanna see it in HIS own writing. Then i can go back to the world of sanity. I just have to be patient. And as for parole, today I am hitting up people for support letters!! Thanks again
    **Princess**

Just hang in there, you will get mail soon. Just look at it this way, they may be moving him around but the sooner he gets to his permanent unit, the sooner you can get calls and have visits without having to worry about waiting periods. It seems that patience is the biggest lesson in all of this. I absolutely understand how you feel though, I was going crazy until I heard from mine (in his own writing). I will feel even better when I can hear his voice. Btw, Best of luck with the support letters and getting things ready for the parole board!!

WWWWOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!! i got 3 letters from him yesterday!! he said he was in seg at middleton (makes sense to me) i think that's great but i can only imagine how crazy he's going. He already knew in advance that he was getting moved to Byrd so nothing bad happened. He's been getting my emails and he's happy....which makes me happy! the only sucky part of all this is that if he stays in seg at his permanent unit...no phone calls and no contact visits...cant complain tho...i can still see him and write him and count down the days until he's home.
    **Princess**

Why isn't there anything more recent posted ? Everything is a year or more older ! I'd like to hear something from someone who has someone there now or recently,plz !

these are recent your looking at theur join date which is wgat i would do the post date is a little higher

Hello!! My husband just got sent to Middleton and he isn't in jpay system ..how long does that take

my son just got on the TDC site today and JPay told me it took about 2 weeks for them to get his id#
    DREAMS ARE LIKE STARS...you may never touch them, But if you FOLLOW THEM, they will lead you to your DESTINY...

its a way to send them mail quicker but their printers dwn so he probably didnt get it i also jpay my husband tat i got my phone on but he didnt get it cause of the printer being down tats why I am on here to see if anybody talks to their man so they could tell him to call his wife

hi im trying to find somebody tat has family at the middlleton unit so I can get a message to my husband 10/3/12

My son just got moved to middleton on 10-1-12. I'm so worried and have no idea what is going on?? does anyone know how long it takes to set up a jpay account?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Hults Wagner View Post
    My son just got moved to middleton on 10-1-12. I'm so worried and have no idea what is going on?? does anyone know how long it takes to set up a jpay account?
    Tammy have you already set up your account on jpay or are you asking about his account? You only need to set up jpay on your end....the money you put on the jpay acct will go into his commissary account at the unit.
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

When I go and set up a account it states that either I put the wrong inmate number in or he is not in the system. when you ask my account or his is there 2 of them?

I would love to help you and my son is currently there but he is in Intake and cant have no communication yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information