+ Reply to Thread

Default Questions about Parole hearing!!

My husband parole hearing is next Tuesday, after that hearing, what's happen next? please help. Thanks

Mrs.Landrum

He will get an answer if he was approved or denied. The time for that answer can vary.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    My husband parole hearing is next Tuesday, after that hearing, what's happen next? please help. Thanks
    It seems/sounds like he has a lay-in for an IPO at his unit which will interview him and ask him specific questions to his Parole Review. The IPO Officer will finish his Parole File and forward it to the Board who will, as Mrs.Landrum stated, will receive an answer of approval or denial. The vote will usually take (and estimate time can vary) 4 to 6 weeks. The Lead Voter will look at the file and review it and vote and forward it to the 2nd Board Memeber who will vote. If their two votes are the same (yes or no) then the Board will go with 2/3rd of the vote and forward it for case processing depending on the answer. If the answers are different (one yes and one no or one no and one yes) then the 3rd Parole board Member will be the tie breaker.

You can call the Parole Status Line who can tell you there is an answer. The numbers are Austin, 512-406-5202, or Huntsville, 936-291-2106. If you want a more detailed response then you can call the Board Location that your husband falls under which can be accessed here: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...locations.html

Good luck!

my husband parole hearing is tomorrow, wow I am so nervous.

Congrat, Good Luck

Thanks lilrat01

Veteran Member

Just wanted to check-in and see how things went with Parole?

Quote Originally Posted by JP0619 View Post
    Just wanted to check-in and see how things went with Parole?
    Hello JP0619 you seem to be very knowledgeable about a LOT
    My Honey was given an FI 1 on May 24th... when I call the status line they told me to call back in 1-2 months. How long does it "usually" take after receiving an FI1 ??? I know each case is probably different, but on average... what's the wait time? How do I find out the exact date? Where he will be going? etc... I guess I need to know so I can take off work... any info you know would be helpful.
    "Bernie's Wifey"

"The Honey" received an FI-1 on May 24, 2011 ! He's finally on his way home !!! :

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WBJ 100% View Post
    Hello JP0619 you seem to be very knowledgeable about a LOT
    My Honey was given an FI 1 on May 24th... when I call the status line they told me to call back in 1-2 months. How long does it "usually" take after receiving an FI1 ??? I know each case is probably different, but on average... what's the wait time? How do I find out the exact date? Where he will be going? etc... I guess I need to know so I can take off work... any info you know would be helpful.
    Aww, thanks! That's so sweet and I'm blushing!

Congratulations on the FI-1!!!

Ideally, a release date will be set in 30-45 days and that depends on quickly TDCJ can work to get everything verified and print the Parole Certificate after TDCJ does the Pre-Release investigation which is basically verifying all the information and conditions of Parole. They're correct on the time frame so I'd say you might want to call back June 24 or later.

Time time may be shorter or a bit longer depending on how quickly TDCJ can work to get him released.

Here's a bit of background about the steps TDCJ takes after a (yes) Parole Vote:
    I'm not sure of the exact order or the exact steps but this is simply an estimate based on the TDCJ Policies and Procedures that I read. I believe after the Parole Board approves Parole then the file goes back to Huntsville to be processed. They will review the conditions of release set by the Parole Board. Then, they will contact the local Parole Office in the City/town that he will Parole to to assign a Parole Officer to his case. The Parole Officer will verify the address and review the conditions and send that to Huntsville. If the address is approved then the process goes a bit faster but, if the address is not approved then they will be delayed and might have to assign him to a Halfway House or he might need to find another address to parole to. However, once all that is complete then Huntsville will process that information, check for Detainers/outstanding Court matters, and after all that is done then they will print the Certificate and set a date.

As for where he will be released that will show up on the TDCJ Website. His release can be regional or Huntsville--depends on the Parole Conditions. Whoever your husband will parole to you can expect a Parole Officer to contact you or that person to verify this information and possibly stop by to verify the address.

It sucks to kind of gauge things especially when you take off work for this. I am unsure of how far in advance you need to give notice to take off but I believe they give you a week or two notice before they release.

THANX A BUNCH !!!!!! It seems like a lot of mailing, printing, and checking... but I guess it's all necessary huh !!!!! Guess I'll wait until closer to the end of the month then !!!

Thanx again for your info !!!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WBJ 100% View Post
    THANX A BUNCH !!!!!! It seems like a lot of mailing, printing, and checking... but I guess it's all necessary huh !!!!! Guess I'll wait until closer to the end of the month then !!!

Thanx again for your info !!!!

You're welcome. I hope I helped. Keep me posted on what happens. I'd like to hear how things work out for you two!

My hubby got FI1 yayayaya

Congrats.... one step forward!!!

what's happen next?

Mrs.Landrum

YAY, it seems they are letting a lot of people out! What unit is he on?

Veteran Member

Congratulations! Sure this will make for a great summer!

so so wonderful!!! glad to hear your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Landrum View Post
    YAY, it seems they are letting a lot of people out! What unit is he on?
    my hubby at Gist

Thank you guys

Mrs.Landrum

my hubby at Gist

Thank you guys
    Oh, okay! Congrats again!

I have a question, my bf was denied parole May 12th, with a set off of Jan 2012; we're confused b/c a parole officer came to my house to check things out and he had to go and take blood work when he asked why they said they do that when they are getting ready to parole. Has anyone had a similar experience or can clarify why they would do something like that then deny his parole and set him off for another 8-months?

Mrs.Landrum

I'm curious for you Prince. I hope someone comes along with a answer.

Me too it was really confusing to us both.

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awsome !
    Let's CELEBRATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Bernie's Wifey"

"The Honey" received an FI-1 on May 24, 2011 ! He's finally on his way home !!! :

lol WBJ, well not yet wait till he comes home then yeaaaaaa

He got FI1 but why they transfer him to Huntsville Unit @ 815 12th Street, Huntsville, Texas 77348?

Veteran Member

He got FI1 but why they transfer him to Huntsville Unit @ 815 12th Street, Huntsville, Texas 77348?
    Huntsville Unit or The Walls is the main TDCJ release site. So, most likely they're processing him to be released there or he can be transferred there to his regional release unit. You might want to contact TDCJ to see where he will be released (and receive the release procedure) or you can wait for the information to pop up on the TDCJ Website.

thanks Jp

I really don't know what to do now, my hubby now at Joe Colry Detention and they gave him another charge, this is really suck..
    Have anyone heard about Wendy Atkins Pastorini attorney? or Does anyone know good attorney?

Veteran Member

I really don't know what to do now, my hubby now at Joe Colry Detention and they gave him another charge, this is really suck..
    Have anyone heard about Wendy Atkins Pastorini attorney? or Does anyone know good attorney?

That sucks! Part of the Parole process is to check for Detainers and if there is a Detainer then they will release for pick up by the Agency/County that has the Detainer. Sorry to hear he was picked up!

I'm not familiar with this specific Attorney but you can usually check through the Texas Bar for their information and to see if there are any Sanctions or Disciplinaries brought against her. Texas Bar Site

Sometimes you can do a Yahoo/Google Search and find information about an Attorney. Get an ideal of the type of cases she has and information already out there about here. I listed some news articles about her cases for you below if you want to take a look.

News Article
    Political Information
    News Article #2
    News Article #3

I hope this helps a little and I wish you two luck! Keep us posted!

Thank You Jp, I already did and no luck about this attorney..
    Last edited by Invisible; 06-09-2011 at 11:21 AM.

This is unfortunate, but I have heard of this happening many times before. It sounds like they will vote on him again for the January date if that is his Projected Release Date. My hubby just got his blood drawn Monday also and his Projected Release Date is 8/31/2011, he was denied his Parole in March and given a serve all to his PRD. The nurse told him its part of the discharge process, I wish they wouldnt tell them that because they dont even know if his PRD will be denied or approved at this point and when they tell them that they think automatically they are coming home real soon. The only other recent scenario I have knowledge of is a friend of mines Projected Release Date is 7/2/11, he has gotten approved after getting denied parole back in March. His blood was also drawn in April, and we were told he can be picked up from The Walls Unit in Huntsville on 7/1/2011. Everybody's situation is so different but some of the same keypoints, hopefully your loved one comes home on his shortway date. Best wishes

Thanks Mrs.determined, well mine is different pretty much more stuff to worry

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information