+ Reply to Thread

Default ISF and visits

Does any one know any thing about ISF and if its okay to go see my husband with traffic warrants?
    Last edited by saucey122792; 02-07-2011 at 10:31 PM.

My husband is in the South Texas ISF here in Houston. We had our first visit last Sat. They took my ID, but I don't think they ran it or looked for warrants. It is a privately run facility. I didn't see any actual law officers. How long does your husband have to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by dinab View Post
    My husband is in the South Texas ISF here in Houston. We had our first visit last Sat. They took my ID, but I don't think they ran it or looked for warrants. It is a privately run facility. I didn't see any actual law officers. How long does your husband have to be there?
    My husband has to be there 90 days. He's been in county for 3 weeks. Burnet is the only ISF unit that Ellis county uses or thats what probation told me. Some say it could be longer than 90 days, do u know what determines a longer stay?
    Posted via Mobile Device

From what my husband told me, if they are non compliant with the program, they could be there 180 days. Also, if there is a hold up on getting the home they are to be released to, that could prolong the stay.

Quote Originally Posted by dinab View Post
    From what my husband told me, if they are non compliant with the program, they could be there 180 days. Also, if there is a hold up on getting the home they are to be released to, that could prolong the stay.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks dinab!! I really appreciate all the information u have given me! Do they access to phones? I was at the SAFPF unit in Burnet last year. I didnt know that they have to approve where he going home,too!! It rreally shouldnt be a big deal cause Im on probation and they check on ne once a month. Hopefully Ill be off probation when he gets home. But anything u think i need to know please let me know!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Oh you are so welcome. Wish I knew more, but he's only been there 3 weeks. They have phones at South Texas ISF. The provider is Incartel. I set up a pre paid account because I only have a cell phone and no house phone. Let's keep in touch. Looks like we both have 90 long days to get through! When does your husband get out? Mine is supposed to get out April 27th......its going so slow!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

My husband finally got to Burnet ISF on Thursday or Friday.He keeps on tryn to call collect but my cell phone doesnt accept them, so my next question to u is how do I set up my phone. Im so excited that he's there now!!! I really think we should stay in touch during this journey, so at least we can be there for each other at least when no one else is there!!!Friends til the end!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

You can look up Encartel on the internet. There is a 1-800 # to set up a prepaid account.
    http://www.inmate-telephone-service.com/encartele.html

^^That is there web site.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information