Need help?
    (800) 574-5729

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Send an eMessageThe Fastest Way to Send a Message
    to an Offender
    Free Sign-Up
    Costs only 44¢ a stamp
    eMessages are printed in the mailroom daily

Offenders receive your letter within 48 hours, sometimes sooner!

Buy Phone Time
    for OffendersTwo funding options
    Debit. This option lets you credit an offender's debit account, allowing them to make calls to anyone on their Offender's Visitor List
    Prepaid. This option allows you to buy prepaid phone time for your approved phone number so offenders can call you

Send Money
    to an Offender Send Your Offender
    Money Quickly
    Free Sign-Up
    Funds arrive within 1 to 2 business days
    Use a credit/debit card or cash
    Best way to make a trust fund deposit

I have several inmates on my list with jpay that their unit now accepts the emessaging but only one of the inmates shows up in my pick list that I can send to. Do you know why this is happening and if I'm doing something wrong.

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than any Wall Built by Man~

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jennann76 View Post
    I have several inmates on my list with jpay that their unit now accepts the emessaging but only one of the inmates shows up in my pick list that I can send to. Do you know why this is happening and if I'm doing something wrong.
    No sometimes if they are new it takes 48 hours to be put in the system.

Some inmates quailfy for certian things when others don't because of their charges or actions their in the prison system.

I would say the question is better answered on the Facility Side....
    To Call Them and Ask "What is Up!?"

CONTACT US
    Contact Us by Email:
    JPay's Customer Service team can answer all account questions. Email us at Support@jpay.com and we will reply promptly.
    Contact Us by Phone:
    For live agent help, please call (800) 574-5729.
    We can only discuss account information with the account holder. We will verify account information before answering any account specific questions.

Write to Us:
    JPay, Inc.
    P.O. Box 530955
    Miami, FL 33153-0955
    Last edited by TexasDust; 09-06-2009 at 07:25 PM.

I have a question.. my fiancee is in the Garza West Unit in Beeville, Texas. He just got transferred there from county on September 2, 2009. I think I'm going to go crazy because I was so used to talking to him 4-5 times a day and going to visit him every Saturday or Sunday.. does anyone know how long it will be before he can start making calls? Also, I have called in several times regarding the visit and the people there always change the information they give me. Do I have to wait 30-60 days for both regular and contact visits? I thought regular visits could be done right away like a week after they got there and contact visits would take the whole processing time.. can anybody answer me this?? I feel lost.. and I don't know what to do...

Senior Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lucylu1005 View Post
    I have a question.. my fiancee is in the Garza West Unit in Beeville, Texas. He just got transferred there from county on September 2, 2009. I think I'm going to go crazy because I was so used to talking to him 4-5 times a day and going to visit him every Saturday or Sunday.. does anyone know how long it will be before he can start making calls? Also, I have called in several times regarding the visit and the people there always change the information they give me. Do I have to wait 30-60 days for both regular and contact visits? I thought regular visits could be done right away like a week after they got there and contact visits would take the whole processing time.. can anybody answer me this?? I feel lost.. and I don't know what to do...
    Well he needs to make a list of phone numbers and visitors that need to be approved takes a few weeks, meantime you need to register your phone to recive phone calls from The Texas Facilities there is a Post on here in this forum about registering your phone but it is going to be a waiting process right now for you until that list gets approved on his side, you will mailed a visitors form to fill out and you need to send it back and wait some more while it is approved for you to be able to go and visit him.

Just to let you know that it takes 30 to 60 days for processing. My husband got there end of March from county and we did not get to visit til May and first few visits were regular first then they went to contact visits. Also like the first responder there is the new Friends and Family Phone system. You must have a home (land line) in your name and name must match the offenders visitors list and then he can call. Its not the same as the GlobalTel system that had to be used from county but it works! If you have any questions...all the details are on the TDCJ website, browse the links. I can help you too. Good luck hun, dont lose it yet! Be patient. It takes time but you will be in contact again. Write him everyday til then.
    Last edited by dlarrend; 09-15-2009 at 12:51 PM.

I am trying to purchase prepaid phone time for an inmate through Jpay, however I can not find an option to do so on the website, he is in Texas @ Clements Unit, I now use Jpay to send money to his trust account and to send e-mail. Can you tell me how to purchase phone time for him? Thanks!

Senior Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Shygirl View Post
    I am trying to purchase prepaid phone time for an inmate through Jpay, however I can not find an option to do so on the website, he is in Texas @ Clements Unit, I now use Jpay to send money to his trust account and to send e-mail. Can you tell me how to purchase phone time for him? Thanks!
    http://jpay.com/agencies/texas_DOC.html
    Click on this link then scroll down where it says buy phone time!

This is the same link that is in the FIRST POST....

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for your help, I followed the link, it took me to "buy phone time" when I clicked on it, it took me to the regular jpay home page with still no option to "buy phone time" Maybe I'm confused, do I just put money in his trust account or do I have to specifically buy phone time? Thanks again.........

OK, disreguard my last post, I have been in contact with jpay, they will in the next few weeks be offering pre-paid phone service, it's just not available now, guess that's why I couodn't find it on the site.......... just wanted to say thanks for your help!

I tried to buy pre-paid phone time through jpay, and it ended going into his trust account just like a regular payment. I then called to ask about it, and was referred to a number with TDCJ, and they said that I was approved for phone time through them, and would be billed for the amount of calls made to my phone. Boy, I have been switched around so many times, I'm not sure what is going on.

They can use money for phone calls from their trust money, but if you don't want them to have to do that, you should try to set up a phone account.

I have a friend who is at The Pack Unit and when I sign into my jpay account and click to buy the prepaid phone time, it asks me to put in my phone number and pin. What pin? I dont understand what PIN number they are talking about. I know my number has been approved for him to call because he has tried to call me several times and i couldnt accept the call because i didnt have money yet to pay for it. I do now and want to get that set up but im hung up on what pin number they are talking about.
    ~Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about~

Quote Originally Posted by iknowdatzrite View Post
    I have a friend who is at The Pack Unit and when I sign into my jpay account and click to buy the prepaid phone time, it asks me to put in my phone number and pin. What pin? I dont understand what PIN number they are talking about. I know my number has been approved for him to call because he has tried to call me several times and i couldnt accept the call because i didnt have money yet to pay for it. I do now and want to get that set up but im hung up on what pin number they are talking about.
    I just found the solution to my issue by going to https://www.correctionalbillingservi...Payonline.aspx
    ~Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about~

does anyone have any idea about how much the calls cost...are they per call or per min...any info would be great

If you have it set up where you get the bill each month like I do, each call that lasts 15 minutes costs $3.90. For 240 minutes it's with tax and all its a little less than $70.

Hi,

I pay $7.84 per a 15 minute call from out of state to Texas.

AD

Default help

hi all ive been trying all wkd to log in2 my jpay account with my email address and password and everything is correct but for some reason it just keeps bouncing me back to the login in page and i need to purchase stamps etc iv been using jpay for mths but now i cant access my homepage a;so my my comp is at the right time but im in scotland uk

Wow, you are a ways away. have you tried contacting JPay support? They just reorganized their website, here is a link to the new login page.

https://www.jpay.com/NEW_QuickLogin.aspx

Default sending eMessages??

so what if i dont have a cc with my address on it? i wont beable to send them? i cant get a wallmart visa?? please someone help ha

Veteran Member

When you get a reloadable Visa at Walmart you login to your computer and put your name and address in there. They will then send you a card with your name on it. Just follow the info that comes with the card.
    Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

Thank you soo muck

Is anyone having trouble logging into the JPAY site. I just registered my phone and wanted to send the mister a email letting know to start trying to call here in the next day or two, but everytime i put in my login and password it brings me right back to the 1st page! BOOOO! i thought the setting up the phone was going to be difficult but noooo. lol. i'm going to stay up for a while and keep checking on it, just curious if anyone else was having the same problem. PS... i even changed my password and re logged in like it told me and still no luck.

I talk to my honey on a weekly basis about twice a week (sometimes more). They are allowed 240 minutes. Does anyone know... if AFTER the 240 minutes; if I purchase phone time with jpay... can we continue our conversations after the 240 that he is allowed to call me?

Senior Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by WBJ 100% View Post
    I talk to my honey on a weekly basis about twice a week (sometimes more). They are allowed 240 minutes. Does anyone know... if AFTER the 240 minutes; if I purchase phone time with jpay... can we continue our conversations after the 240 that he is allowed to call me?
    From what Advocatus Diaboli posted in one of his post, I wouldn't think that you would be able to talk over the alloted minutes.

He mentioned that Jpay is just a way to pay for the phone time, that CBS and the TDCJ is in control of the phone time and issues...

Unhappy help!

I found out about JPay a week or two ago and so I wrote my dad a letter. I waited patiently to receive his reply via snail mail. I just logged in to write him back and now I do not have the option to do so. I called the JPay help line and they said that if I do not see an option to mail, then that inmate cannot receive mail!! What does this mean?? I am so worried about my Dad now! He just told me in his letter that he was going to be on his best behavior so we could have a contact visit, and now he can't even receive mail?! I am so freaked! Anyone know why in the world an inmate would not be able to receive mail?

Quote Originally Posted by kurlieq84 View Post
    I found out about JPay a week or two ago and so I wrote my dad a letter. I waited patiently to receive his reply via snail mail. I just logged in to write him back and now I do not have the option to do so. I called the JPay help line and they said that if I do not see an option to mail, then that inmate cannot receive mail!! What does this mean?? I am so worried about my Dad now! He just told me in his letter that he was going to be on his best behavior so we could have a contact visit, and now he can't even receive mail?! I am so freaked! Anyone know why in the world an inmate would not be able to receive mail?
    Hey Kurlieq84,

I wouldn't worry too much quite yet. Call the mail room of his facility and see what they say. And if they can't give you information ask to speak to someone in records. At least....that is what I would do and I am definitely no expert. Hope everything is okay with your dad!

[QUOTE=WBJ 100%]I talk to my honey on a weekly basis about twice a week (sometimes more). They are allowed 240 minutes. Does anyone know... if AFTER the 240 minutes; if I purchase phone time with jpay... can we continue our conversations after the 240 that he is allowed to call me?QUOTE]

No when they have used their 240 minutes they will have to wait til the 1st of the following month to call again - it doesn't matter if they are calling collect or if you/them have bought pre-paid minutes; every minute is coming out of those 240 minutes.

my fiance is at isf burnet he just got transffferd ther and i have not heard from him its been a week already im getting worried because he used to call everyday when he was in county jail. do they make phonecalls how long is it until they can call you when they first arrive there? also how do i get his info i need to know so i can send money to him and find out when can i go visit anyone please let me kno?
    Last edited by asw; 07-21-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Default Phone issues

I called and they said an inmate can't make calls to a cell phone...Even if I am on the visitors list??? I don't get it. There is 2 types of calling prepaid act and billed correct?? I am confused someone please help.

Why does that the county that sentenced my son hold out money that I put in there for him?

I have a question about sending money. On the page to send it, it mentions an on line fee and a phone fee. If doing it on line, why would there be a phone fee? I am new to all of this and dont understand a lot of it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

I wanted to send money but on the page to do that it lists an on-line fee and a phone fee for that. If I am doing it on line why would there be a phone fee? I dont understand. I am new to this and there is a lot I dont understand hahahha. any help would be appreciated. thank you

Senior Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by funnyface1974 View Post
    I wanted to send money but on the page to do that it lists an on-line fee and a phone fee for that. If I am doing it on line why would there be a phone fee? I dont understand. I am new to this and there is a lot I dont understand hahahha. any help would be appreciated. thank you
    To send money www.jpay.com yes there is a fee to send money or you can go to any ACE and send up to 3,000 dollars for 5.00 dollars through JPay.

you can also purchase phone time, the ladies who do it through that Texas site can tell you about it, I have no clue.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 08-30-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Red face Just want to say HA

Ha i got on line to check this out well do u still want to write sense we have this now

how do you write an inmate on here i tryed but not sure what i am doing i just put his name & tdcj # but did not work.

Default JPay and email

I just started using the JPay email system to send my boyfrind letters. I am unsure if he has the ability to email me back. If he is, how would I be notified that I have mail?

timsguy

your boyfriend wont be able to send emails back if he is in the texas doc. if you email him before, i believe, 2 pm eastern time he will receive your emails the same day. the only other way to communicate is through jpay phone time. i would recommend the debit time because i have had problems with the friends and family connect one. hope this helps
    lisa

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by timsguy View Post
    I just started using the JPay email system to send my boyfrind letters. I am unsure if he has the ability to email me back. If he is, how would I be notified that I have mail?

timsguy

JPay is a one-way system and that is you're the only one who is allow to send electronic messages. He can only respond by snail mail. The good thing about jpay is you're able to send messages the same day (depending on the cut off time at the unit because each unit is different. You can call that unit specifically and ask them when the same day cut off time is for jpay messages). You can fund their commissary account/Inmate Trust Fund through jpay as well as prepaid minutes. I suggest that you register your phone first and make sure it is in the system before you do anything with jpay with the phones. Some people have problems with Securus/CBS and others don't, it's just a matter of luck I guess. Good luck!

wow,some really strange messages turn up here lately

Senior Super Moderator

Yes it is called Spam they are Spammed Advertisements and they are being put All over the forum uncluding nasty pictures we need Admin to work with us on this issue to resolve it. Until then it is unfortunate we all have to deal with it!
    Posted via Mobile Device

i am having a hard time adjusting my husband been away not sure if im in the right place

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information