+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parole?

Default Parole?

My husband signed for 8 years on Jan 9th. He has now been in the Abilene Middleton unit for 2 weeks and 2 days.. He has 616 days time credited, and received double for good behavior. So a total of 1232 days time served.. Which is about 3 1/2 years out of the 8. Would anyone know about parole eligibility and how much time he might be looking at? This is his first time in prison and the case was for burg. of habitation.. I know no one knows aside from the parole board, but from personal experience? any help or personal stories will be greatly appreciated

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ljbjd13 View Post
    My husband signed for 8 years on Jan 9th. He has now been in the Abilene Middleton unit for 2 weeks and 2 days.. He has 616 days time credited, and received double for good behavior. So a total of 1232 days time served.. Which is about 3 1/2 years out of the 8. Would anyone know about parole eligibility and how much time he might be looking at? This is his first time in prison and the case was for burg. of habitation.. I know no one knows aside from the parole board, but from personal experience? any help or personal stories will be greatly appreciated
    Was it agg time? If so, he HAS to serve at least half of the sentence. In Texas, they are given time sheets that show how long they must serve before seeing parole. In fact, if you search his name on the offender search for TDCJ, it will tell you when he's eligible for parole and his mandatory release date. Now, the MRD can change as his status/level changes. Hope this answers your question and helps. But from a personal opinion, he should already be up for parole with the times you given. I know on a 20 year non agg sentence, the time required to serve before being able to see parole is 2 years, 4 months, and 12 days.......or somewhere very close to that. Good luck.
    Home since March 20, 2014.....

Veteran Member

His Parole Eligibility - when he is eligible for Parole is when he served 2 years of his sentence. For a more accurate date the TDCJ Offender Lookup post his Parole Eligibility, Projected Release Date and Maximum Sentence Date. Since he has been at Middleton 2 weeks you can go here to get the exact calculation: http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/POSdb2/index.jsp

Also - TDCJ has their own calculations for good time.

Just a note: The only crimes one must serve half their flat time before they are eligible for parole are 3G Offenses. These offenses/crimes are specifically listed. Violent crimes and aggravated can be eligible for parole at 1/4 their sentence. Also another note: TDCJ does not give double for good behavior. How County Jails calculate their good time is very different than TDCJ.

Veteran Member

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/publ...ns/PIT_eng.pdf

And I used to have an actual printout someone sent me of the TDCJ time sheet. Ask your love to send you one. I know they have them. Good luck! Oh, and enjoy the read!!!
    Home since March 20, 2014.....

Veteran Member

Welcome to J-Pay. I see the ladies have answer your questions

So I'm so confused. My man is telling me that his lawyer says he's got another ten years to do, but when I looked him up on TDCJ it says he's eligible for parole in 5 years, but other places I've looked says not for another 15 years. WTH????

Super Moderator

Hello and Welcome to the JPay Forum!! We are glad to have you here!
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Quote Originally Posted by jenicate01 View Post
    So I'm so confused. My man is telling me that his lawyer says he's got another ten years to do, but when I looked him up on TDCJ it says he's eligible for parole in 5 years, but other places I've looked says not for another 15 years. WTH????
    hello where else can u look and see wen they parole date is other then tdcj can u please help me
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by jenicate01 View Post
    I am not sure where else you are looking. The TDCJ Offender Lookup shows the information that TDCJ has in their system in regards to Parole Eligibility, Projected Release Date and Maximum Sentence Date.

The only time it can change - time wise - is if TDCJ receives (new) paperwork from a county and/or a new conviction arises. So, I am not familiar nor sure where else you are looking.
    We're together...we're happy...and even though TDCJ is behind us, I still support my jpay friends!

I wish Michigan had good time and 10 years could turn into 2.. I dont understand the Texas system but it sounds good to me!
    "Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you."

No it was not an agg. charge thank goodness! I looked on the TDCJ website and he's been eligible for parole since 4/4/12 and has a projected release date of 1/11/15. This gives me a lot of hope, but what worries me is his time served that he has the 1232, was done in a county jail and then a rehab.. So I'm worried they may not let him out since he hasn't done much "Prison" time..

Veteran Member

No it was not an agg. charge thank goodness! I looked on the TDCJ website and he's been eligible for parole since 4/4/12 and has a projected release date of 1/11/15. This gives me a lot of hope, but what worries me is his time served that he has the 1232, was done in a county jail and then a rehab.. So I'm worried they may not let him out since he hasn't done much "Prison" time..
    That's great! Well, by the time he goes through the whole Parole process he'd at least serve 6 months. So, expect a vote by August 2013. They may or may not grant him parole. If not then he will be set-off a year and be up for parole August 2014 - however since the date is close to his PRD Date they most likely will give him a Serve-All and re-vote for Mandatory Supervision/PRD in December 2014.

It's tough but it's the system. I pray that it all goes well and he's home sooner than later. Good luck! Don't worry too much about the prison time - I hear crazy stories how they get in and are granted Parole. I had a friend whose boyfriend was in just a short period of time and was granted parole. It can work out. My guy always told me hope for the best but expect the worse......I always hope for the best regardless and know that everything happens for a reason.
    We're together...we're happy...and even though TDCJ is behind us, I still support my jpay friends!

Quote Originally Posted by JP0619 View Post
    That's great! Well, by the time he goes through the whole Parole process he'd at least serve 6 months. So, expect a vote by August 2013. They may or may not grant him parole. If not then he will be set-off a year and be up for parole August 2014 - however since the date is close to his PRD Date they most likely will give him a Serve-All and re-vote for Mandatory Supervision/PRD in December 2014.

It's tough but it's the system. I pray that it all goes well and he's home sooner than later. Good luck! Don't worry too much about the prison time - I hear crazy stories how they get in and are granted Parole. I had a friend whose boyfriend was in just a short period of time and was granted parole. It can work out. My guy always told me hope for the best but expect the worse......I always hope for the best regardless and know that everything happens for a reason.
    I am hoping for the best and trying to prepare for the worst. We are expecting our daughter April 30th and have 2 other children so its been really hard and I'd much rather him get out while they are still young! Praying and praying and praying!

Thanks - when I saw his initial lock up paperwork it said 2028 but talking with his lawyer said that he had good time built up so it could be 5-10 from here. that makes me a lot more happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JP0619 View Post
    I am not sure where else you are looking. The TDCJ Offender Lookup shows the information that TDCJ has in their system in regards to Parole Eligibility, Projected Release Date and Maximum Sentence Date.

The only time it can change - time wise - is if TDCJ receives (new) paperwork from a county and/or a new conviction arises. So, I am not familiar nor sure where else you are looking.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information