+ Reply to Thread

Smile Getting Married in Prison

Have anyone experienced getting married in Newberry CF, if so are there any rules I should know before hand, I havent received the paper work from the Chaplain of what to expect....have anyone had any problems getting married there?
    BESIDE EVERY GREAT MAN, YOU COULD FIND A WOMAN, LIKE A SOLDIER HOLDING HIM DOWN

BORN A DORSEY GIRL / SOON TO BE A. JOHNSON'S WIFE

Veteran Member

The Bible...read it to be wise, believe it to be saved and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you. Chist is its grand subject. Our good is its design.The glory of God is its end. Read it slowly. Read it often. Read it prayerfully.
    Praise the Lord it's another day with out him but a day closer for him to be home

Thanks alot!!!

Veteran Member

Congrats

Veteran Member

I've read from some where they've had difficulty and then some where they didn't. I wish I knew the rules there. I'm in Texas. Regardless, congrats on your engagement. It's such a wonderful time for you!!!
    "Ain't nobody got time for that"

--Sweet Brown--

Veteran Member

No, I haven't but congratulations! Someone will see this soon and send you some info. Have you talked to the chaplain?
    He's home :-)

Veteran Member

I am a Minister thru Universal Life Church Monastery. Yes, i can preform weddings, but not your own.T&GB

Congratulations on your engagement! I pray all goes well for you. Sometimes its nerve wrecking because we dont know what to do but i hope that someone sees your message and is able to give you some information.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
    I am a Minister thru Universal Life Church Monastery. Yes, i can preform weddings, but not your own.T&GB
    What do you charge FIFI???

Thanks for all the Congrats everybody!!!!

I finally got all the information from the Chaplain, I dont know my man's ring size or what size clothes her wears now, he's huge lol

J999 my man was able to find a pice of plastic and size it around his finger and send it to me. Thats how I sized his ring to get married. Im sure a piece of string would work as well.

yeah I told him to find something to measure his finger, im gone have to remind him again.

I just paid for my ring online and picked his out, but im waiting on his ring size before I pay for it......im so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than Any Wall Built by Man~

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDust View Post

Im not sure why but I cant see what you posted, TEXASDUST

Senior Super Moderator

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by J999 View Post
    Im not sure why but I cant see what you posted, TEXASDUST
    It is a sparkly glittery Picture that says Congratulations

Can you see this one (?)

If you are seeing a red x instead of a picture on some Members Posts it could be because you are using Internet Explorer

This site works better when you use Mozilla Firefox

I did not trust downloading another search engine on my computer, so for 2 years I was only seeing red x's when Members would post certain picture quotes or personal pictures (I could only see some pictures but not all of them.

I will be honest I didn't even know the similes that we once had on here moved, but I posted using a lot of similes to do my talking Lol!

One day they ran a test on here to see what some Members were seeing when JPay posted a test picture! It seemed everyone could see it and I only could see a bunch of gibberish.

So I copied what I seen and sent it in the computer Tech. they had on here and he asked what search engine I had on my computer or which one I was using, he told me about Firefox and I reluctantly downloaded it (Free Download).

Wow what a difference it was I wish I would have downloaded it years ago, I also noticed it was faster than what I was used to (at the time I was on dial up connection to the internet).

Okay back to the smilie story

I was shocked to see they moved!!! They were so cute! Until I seen what some of them did

Lets just say one of the smiling smilies when he moved flipped people off Lol! It is not even funny, but here I was greeting New Members and talking to old Members with a smilie that was not so nice. I didn't have a clue and no one told me anything

Veteran Member

It is a sparkly glittery Picture that says Congratulations

Can you see this one (?)

If you are seeing a red x instead of a picture on some Members Posts it could be because you are using Internet Explorer

This site works better when you use Mozilla Firefox

I did not trust downloading another search engine on my computer, so for 2 years I was only seeing red x's when Members would post certain picture quotes or personal pictures (I could only see some pictures but not all of them.

I will be honest I didn't even know the similes that we once had on here moved, but I posted using a lot of similes to do my talking Lol!

One day they ran a test on here to see what some Members were seeing when JPay posted a test picture! It seemed everyone could see it and I only could see a bunch of gibberish.

So I copied what I seen and sent it in the computer Tech. they had on here and he asked what search engine I had on my computer or which one I was using, he told me about Firefox and I reluctantly downloaded it (Free Download).

Wow what a difference it was I wish I would have downloaded it years ago, I also noticed it was faster than what I was used to (at the time I was on dial up connection to the internet).

Okay back to the smilie story

I was shocked to see they moved!!! They were so cute! Until I seen what some of them did

Lets just say one of the smiling smilies when he moved flipped people off Lol! It is not even funny, but here I was greeting New Members and talking to old Members with a smilie that was not so nice. I didn't have a clue and no one told me anything
    congrats on the engagement............and texas u r so right about the internet explorer thing. i have been experiencing that a lot lately and i just use the mozilla firefox especially for school work.
    GOD IS SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute Graphics

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by godislove52 View Post
    texas u r so right about the internet explorer thing. i have been experiencing that a lot lately and i just use the mozilla firefox especially for school work.
    Yes and what I didn't understand at the time is you can use either search engine, your not deleting one for the other or replacing it your just downloading a different one on your computer to use.

There are a few out there but I just use Mozilla Firefox, unless I need to use Internet Explorer.

congrats on the engagement............and texas u r so right about the internet explorer thing. i have been experiencing that a lot lately and i just use the mozilla firefox especially for school work.
    Thanks godislove!

Yes and what I didn't understand at the time is you can use either search engine, your not deleting one for the other or replacing it your just downloading a different one on your computer to use.

There are a few out there but I just use Mozilla Firefox, unless I need to use Internet Explorer.
    I coulda swore i had replied already.....im gone try Firefox....Im stuck in my ways so I still use IE on my laptop but I got firefox on my desktop which I never use...

Thanks TexasDust I do see the differences.......

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by J999 View Post
    I coulda swore i had replied already.....im gone try Firefox....Im stuck in my ways so I still use IE on my laptop but I got firefox on my desktop which I never use...

Thanks TexasDust I do see the differences.......
    Yeah!!!!

I understand being set in your ways, I did not want to download anything on my computer and end up with a virus.

but I also never thought I would have ever joined a forum, and here I am

I am so glad you can see the pictures now instead of red x's

My soon-to-be husband is @Muskegon Correctional Facility and we were just approved to be married on February 14th, it took about 2 months for the whole process the chaplan there is going to marry us for free. Usually from what I heard you would have to pay someone from the outside to do the wedding but this chaplan does it for free. So all I have to do is buy the rings and that's it, along with the cost of a hotel which I will be staying a week and we say "I DO", that's going to have to be our so called honeymoon. I am so nervous. But I hope everything goes smoothly with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tracey42 View Post
    My soon-to-be husband is @Muskegon Correctional Facility and we were just approved to be married on February 14th, it took about 2 months for the whole process the chaplan there is going to marry us for free. Usually from what I heard you would have to pay someone from the outside to do the wedding but this chaplan does it for free. So all I have to do is buy the rings and that's it, along with the cost of a hotel which I will be staying a week and we say "I DO", that's going to have to be our so called honeymoon. I am so nervous. But I hope everything goes smoothly with you.

I thought his facility did the weddings for free until the chaplain sent me the papers

The facilities in Michigan do allow you to have the ceremony for free but some of the facilities I think you have to hire a person from the outside to perform the ceremony because some chaplan's don't do ceremonies. But fortunately, the one my fiancee is at the chaplan perform the ceremony for free. Less cost for me all I have to do is purchase a ring which has to be a plain band no more than $75 and pay for a week hotel stay and I still have to get a outfit. At Muskegon the inmate is not allowed to wear a wedding outfit which I don't like because when we take pics he is in his visiting outfit but what I'm going to do is try and buy a dress matching the colors of his outfit so the pictures can really look nice. What facility is your fiancee in?

He's up North in Newberry...I spoke to the chaplain and the minister ( that they referred) yesterday and got more information, so its not gone be that bad....I just gotta get my witnesses together....and make sure they can pass the LEIN....it surprises me that you cant be a witness to a prison marriage if you have a parking ticket.....

Quote Originally Posted by tracey42 View Post
    The facilities in Michigan do allow you to have the ceremony for free but some of the facilities I think you have to hire a person from the outside to perform the ceremony because some chaplan's don't do ceremonies. But fortunately, the one my fiancee is at the chaplan perform the ceremony for free. Less cost for me all I have to do is purchase a ring which has to be a plain band no more than $75 and pay for a week hotel stay and I still have to get a outfit. At Muskegon the inmate is not allowed to wear a wedding outfit which I don't like because when we take pics he is in his visiting outfit but what I'm going to do is try and buy a dress matching the colors of his outfit so the pictures can really look nice. What facility is your fiancee in?

YAY i just got my ring delivered!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Member

I wish you all the best and may god bless your union
    GOD IS SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute Graphics

Awwwwww THANKS ALOT!!!!!!
    I wish you all the best and may god bless your union

awwwwwwh congrads and be Bless beyond measures AMEN!!!!!
    *Mrs. SHawndrell Deon Dorsey* SOLovinHimndHeLovesME

Wink

thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D.DorseyGirl View Post
    awwwwwwh congrads and be Bless beyond measures AMEN!!!!!

Default My witness

One of the witnesses for my wedding is not seeming real reliable, and I dont have many options for a witness.................smh ...............idk what to do!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information