+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Anyone been aproved/denied for PAROLE lately?

    I'm curious, because it kind of seems like I've been hearing a lot of people getting their Parole lately?

    Mine just got his on Monday.

    Anyone else been aproved or denied lately?

    WOULD LOVE TO HEAR!!

  2. #2
    TogetherForever
    Guest

    Default

    well u already know about me from another thread but...yes we found out about a month ago and he will be home in less than 6 months

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TogetherForever View Post
    well u already know about me from another thread but...yes we found out about a month ago and he will be home in less than 6 months
    Yes!! And we are very close in time! Actually, just a 9 day difference I believe.
    Have you been able to stop thinking about it yet?---because I havent!!!

  4. #4
    TogetherForever
    Guest

    Default

    nope sure havent all day every day

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I'm not sure I would help much because I'm in TX but I love these type of threads...I see where your coming from. It's good to get a feel of how things are going with the rate of inmates getting released. I like keeping track...Good luck, I hope people reply. My fiance just got a review on Aug 30th, has a parole attorney. He was supposed to come up in Aug and he did, right at the end. Then I noticed a lot of TX Jpay post of the same all at once. Soon after I notices everyone getting denied. I think they brought them up all at once because they were behind then went in and denied them all so that they can get caught up again...just an assumption..you never know.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Climmbing the stairway to Heaven
    Posts
    9,272
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    In my case the truth is gonna come out and the truth will set him free..................
    GOD IS SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cute Graphics

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shewaits View Post
    I'm not sure I would help much because I'm in TX but I love these type of threads...I see where your coming from. It's good to get a feel of how things are going with the rate of inmates getting released. I like keeping track...Good luck, I hope people reply. My fiance just got a review on Aug 30th, has a parole attorney. He was supposed to come up in Aug and he did, right at the end. Then I noticed a lot of TX Jpay post of the same all at once. Soon after I notices everyone getting denied. I think they brought them up all at once because they were behind then went in and denied them all so that they can get caught up again...just an assumption..you never know.

    I agree! I wanted to ask a while ago actually, before he received his parole decision! But, Im just not getting to it. I was using a different prison forum website, but I think I like JPAY better.

    Anyways. It seems like sometimes the Parole Board has a kind of "rhythem" with their decisions SOMETIMES. Different times a lot get approved, or others a lot get denied! But, who knows. There very well may be no reasoning for it.

    Mine also seen the Board on the 30th. He recieved his approval on the 10 (2 days ago) Couldnt be happier!!

    Good luck with you and yours!!!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mid-Michigan
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I'm really happy for all the people getting paroles. You guys have earned them!


    My son got flopped but it's his own fault. DOC has tried to send him home three times now and he has messed it up each time. I wish I could say, "He's a good boy. DOC sucks and is unfair." but that is not what is happening in our case. My son has not allowed DOC to send him home.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SW MI
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm very happy for all the families who are granted paroles. Please pray for my husband. I still haven't heard from him in almost 2 weeks, and can only pray that he's getting is "double whamy" treatments. Radiation and Chemo at the same time.
    Kim

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midmichiganmom View Post
    I'm really happy for all the people getting paroles. You guys have earned them!


    My son got flopped but it's his own fault. DOC has tried to send him home three times now and he has messed it up each time. I wish I could say, "He's a good boy. DOC sucks and is unfair." but that is not what is happening in our case. My son has not allowed DOC to send him home.
    Sorry for what is happening with your son! Thats unfortunate...but it's good to know that you are a smart mother to not be blinded by his actions. I think that will help both you and him in the long run!

    My prayers for your son and you that things will get better.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmycn View Post
    I'm very happy for all the families who are granted paroles. Please pray for my husband. I still haven't heard from him in almost 2 weeks, and can only pray that he's getting is "double whamy" treatments. Radiation and Chemo at the same time.
    Kim

    Wow Kim. Chemo and radiation? Thats a tough one for you both.----------- I will pray for you both...most definitely!!!

    And 2 weeks seems like forever Im sure. Try not to worry yourself sick over it. I know, easier said than done. I hope everything is okay. Im sure it is.....I think we all get in these times without hearing from our loved one from time to time. And, it was usually nothing to worry about. But with your situation,....Im sure its hard not to worry.

    Prayers and more prayers!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    I am so happy for all of you whose men are getting paroled. Congreat to you all!
    Kimmycn, I a so sorry to hear about your husband, he and you are in my prayers and I hope you hear from him soon.
    Midmiciganmom, I'm sorry to hear about your son. Kids do crazy things.
    I never brought this up in the forum before because I am still dealing with the news but my son was arrested in the beginning of August, his case made CNN news because he was so stupid. He is the man who robbed a closed McDonalds, tried to steal the cash register and when he couldn't get it unplugged, he stole about 5 Parfaits. Its hard to deal with because it was plain stupid. Class B felony for his actions.
    My man got a five year setback in August. It makes me happy to hear all of the other happy stories though, it's hearing good news that keeps me going.
    Just confused...

  13. #13
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bryan, TX/ Huntsville
    Posts
    836
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I'm in TX but my husband made parole. We found out Aug 24th, home plan approved the 31st. So now we are waiting for the certificate and then a date. I know the waiting is making me crazy.

  14. #14
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    DFW, TEXAS
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Congrats grandmudder!!
    "This is for the women who man caught a sentence
    Who gon be there for a minute but they didn't keep their distance
    They stayed home waiting on the phone
    And on visit day show up looking good smelling better, playing kissy face
    Just wanna let you know we appreciate" (TI- I got your back)

    "Love is what makes the impossible possible"

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    How many times he had to come up Grandmudder and how long had we been away?
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmudder View Post
    I'm in TX but my husband made parole. We found out Aug 24th, home plan approved the 31st. So now we are waiting for the certificate and then a date. I know the waiting is making me crazy.

  16. #16
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bryan, TX/ Huntsville
    Posts
    836
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    He has come up 8 times and this was the 4th we had with a lawyer. He has done 14 1/2 on a 30year non agg case.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    8 times? Wow... That must have been a lot of ups of hopefulness and a lot of downs and disapointments when denied!!! Man, i can't imagine...Mine just got his parole his first time...and had it been denied...I dont know how I could have handled that. Great news for you!!

  18. #18
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bryan, TX/ Huntsville
    Posts
    836
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    It has been really hard with the emotional ups and downs. The anticipation of the parole hearing and the crush of disapointment when he got denied. I worry about him being institutionalized due to having to always show strength and never act hurt/sad/scared/ or even too caring. It has been a long road and hopefully in a few weeks he will be home with me and he can begin his new life.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Haven, Michigan
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Mine got his parole also and will be coming home Jan.15, 20013!!!!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Great news everyone!! Congrats!

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SW MI
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well, I found out Friday that he also now has had a pacemaker put in! I have a contact I can call at Duane Waters everyday for updates. GodisLove, how is your husband doing? Better I hope. Keep the prayers comin, I'm pretty numb at this point.
    Kim

  22. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm wondering if it would help my brother if I got him a parole lawyer. He has been locked up for 19 yrs on a 45 yr sentence. My mom is not taking it so well and he is ready to come home. Please pray for my family that when he comes up again, he comes home really for my mom's sake. We recently lost our grandmother in Feb of this yr and it really was hard for us all. I will pray for everyone's family that made parole to remain free once they come home. Show love and support no matter what's going on. prayerfully love69

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    8 days and a wake-up!! He received a 12 month flop his first time in front of the board. But then received a parole with a non-fixed date (as you're already aware). lol Anyway, RUMOR around the prisons were that Snyder gave the go ahead for so many releases but I'm not sure if that's true. It sure seems like it though because most of the people that went at the same time as him all received their paroles too - compared to last year where maybe 1 received parole. After 9 1/2 years I'm sooooo ready! Congrats to everyone else whose loved one received theirs and hang in there to those that didn't!

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    OOOOOkay! Thanks for sharing the details, I really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmudder View Post
    He has come up 8 times and this was the 4th we had with a lawyer. He has done 14 1/2 on a 30year non agg case.

  25. #25
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bryan, TX/ Huntsville
    Posts
    836
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Certificate printed today so now we just are waiting on a date. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and prayers.

  26. #26
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    3,150
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grandmudder View Post
    certificate printed today so now we just are waiting on a date. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and prayers.
    that is great news!!!! Congrats!!!
    Love is not only for the good times but also for the bad.




    Mrs. Rivera


  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Hi
    I just wanted to get some info on Parole process. Once the counselor does a PER and COMPASS, etc..is there a timeline that follows this? I know the MDOC has a whacky way of sometimes delaying things and sometimes poof..its done..I just wondered what a typical timeline is from the time the counselor does paperwork to the time the actual parole board schedules a hearing to actual granting and an outdate. Is it a few months or more like 6 to 12?

    Hope everyone is hanging in there and congrats to those whose nightmare is coming to an end.

  28. #28
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,833
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Hello. What state do you live in?

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grandmudder View Post
    Certificate printed today so now we just are waiting on a date. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and prayers.
    Congrats!!! I know you're excited!
    Kristen Behn
    Houston, TX









    It's actually 2019 but the ticker would only go to 2017.

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago/Michigan
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    My man saw the board the second week of September and was recommended!!!

    CONGRATS!!! To all those who are coming home to their families!!!!!

    Even if we are miles apart...You'll be holding all of my heart... <3


  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Silverdale WA
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    I'm just praying that Washington state with have parole again. As it currently stands, if you were sentenced to 5 years, you go 5....10, you do 10 etc.....

    Congrats to all those with a light at the end of the tunnel.

  32. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Okay I got a question for all you great women on here, My hubby is still in processing but I was wondering how long it takes to see the parole board? Also when you look my husbands name up on the prision inmate search it says his elgibile date for parol is year 2016, does this mean that it is inpossible for him to get parole before then?

    Seeing all the great news on here is so comforting, But seeing how long you all have waited is just heart breaking. You are some good wifes and girlfriends! Congrats on all that are waiting on their husbands to come home on Paroel and for the ones that are still like me lost and dont know whats going on, Lets all keep our heads up and not give up on the ones we love.
    My hubby has been gone since 08/17/2012! I miss and love him so much!

  33. #33
    TogetherForever
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadgirl79 View Post
    Okay I got a question for all you great women on here, My hubby is still in processing but I was wondering how long it takes to see the parole board? Also when you look my husbands name up on the prision inmate search it says his elgibile date for parol is year 2016, does this mean that it is inpossible for him to get parole before then?

    Seeing all the great news on here is so comforting, But seeing how long you all have waited is just heart breaking. You are some good wifes and girlfriends! Congrats on all that are waiting on their husbands to come home on Paroel and for the ones that are still like me lost and dont know whats going on, Lets all keep our heads up and not give up on the ones we love.
    what state are you in?
    my husbands been gone since 2007 his erd has always been 2013...and they saw him about 8 months before the erd and granted him parole at that time(thank god)so now we only have 5 more months to wait
    far as i know from what the board has always told us, they only see them about a year(or less)before their earliest release date and either they grant them parole or not at that time...but they dont until they meet the minimum.of course theres always a chance they will come home sooner but after all this time, i dont really believe in miracles like that anymore

  34. #34
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Congratulations to all with the good news of parole.

  35. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadgirl79 View Post
    Okay I got a question for all you great women on here, My hubby is still in processing but I was wondering how long it takes to see the parole board? Also when you look my husbands name up on the prision inmate search it says his elgibile date for parol is year 2016, does this mean that it is inpossible for him to get parole before then?

    Seeing all the great news on here is so comforting, But seeing how long you all have waited is just heart breaking. You are some good wifes and girlfriends! Congrats on all that are waiting on their husbands to come home on Paroel and for the ones that are still like me lost and dont know whats going on, Lets all keep our heads up and not give up on the ones we love.
    If you're in MICHIGAN...He can get approved for parole before his ERD, but will not be released until at least his ERD.

  36. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadgirl79 View Post
    Okay I got a question for all you great women on here, My hubby is still in processing but I was wondering how long it takes to see the parole board? Also when you look my husbands name up on the prision inmate search it says his elgibile date for parol is year 2016, does this mean that it is inpossible for him to get parole before then?

    Seeing all the great news on here is so comforting, But seeing how long you all have waited is just heart breaking. You are some good wifes and girlfriends! Congrats on all that are waiting on their husbands to come home on Paroel and for the ones that are still like me lost and dont know whats going on, Lets all keep our heads up and not give up on the ones we love.

    If you are from Michigan, no he can't get parole before his ERD, or his eligible date for parole. He will have to wait until then.

    Also, my loved one was appoved for parole a little less than 6 months before his ERD.

  37. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Taylor, MI
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjknows View Post
    Hi
    I just wanted to get some info on Parole process. Once the counselor does a PER and COMPASS, etc..is there a timeline that follows this? I know the MDOC has a whacky way of sometimes delaying things and sometimes poof..its done..I just wondered what a typical timeline is from the time the counselor does paperwork to the time the actual parole board schedules a hearing to actual granting and an outdate. Is it a few months or more like 6 to 12?

    Hope everyone is hanging in there and congrats to those whose nightmare is coming to an end.

    Hi, I dont think theres too much ryhme with what they do. My loved one recieved a PER a year before his ERD. I thought it was supposed to be much later.... and then... Then about 6 months before his ERD, he was schedualed for a parole interview, and recieved his approval like 10 days later. He got approved for parole a little less than 6 months before his ERD.

  38. #38
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Climmbing the stairway to Heaven
    Posts
    9,272
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    all i know is the parole board review hearing is taking so freaking long. especially with the false accusations.........i thank god for the truth and the truth is gonna set him free.
    GOD IS SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cute Graphics

  39. #39
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,833
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Hang in there girl. It'll all work out. Praying for you.

  40. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks everyone, We are from Texas, and he is in the Gurney Unit right now. So basically he will more than most likely have to wait for his elgible date for parole in 2016.. OMGOSh I am gonna die! I already miss him so much that I can barely stand it! Thanks for all the answers you all here are so great with helping out.
    My hubby has been gone since 08/17/2012! I miss and love him so much!

  41. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    My son is also at Gurney. He went in in August this year and his eligiblity parole date is 12/31/12. So that is the end of this year. His projected release date is 1/29/15 which is basically half his time. He had a 6 year sentence. Was told on the forum that the eligibility parole date was when they started looking at his file and would usually go before the board in about 3 months after that.
    DREAMS ARE LIKE STARS...you may never touch them, But if you FOLLOW THEM, they will lead you to your DESTINY...

  42. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi, Im Patricia... My Husband Andrew is at Mineral Wells Unit in Texas. He was Denied Parole on October 9th 2012. I called Parole board yesterday and was told that he was getting a 2nd review on October 16th 2012 ( His Birthday :0) ) I really do not know what this means, can anyone tell me what this means? Why the 2nd review if he as already denied a week before?

 

 
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
JPay © 2014
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.