+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy How Long Does It Take For Inmates To Receive Mail

My husband is in the D.V.I Reception Center I have been sending him letters since Nov 20. I received I have received plenty of letters from him. But as of Dec 2nd he has not received any from me. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to receive mail? That is just wrong that it takes this long for them to get mail. I have been sending 3 letters a week for 3 weeks now.

It truly depends on how far you live from the facility. You should check with the mail room at your husband facility or even the local post office #2. Now if you are sending J-pay letters it usually only take 1-2 business days for them to get their letters.
    GG&CG=US

Veteran Member

My baby lives 188 miles away, and if I send a letter on Monday, he gets it on Wednesday, and vis versa. The holidays mess our letters up a little, but...It never takes more than 4-5 days.
    yeah, i'm in this crazy love for the long haul.

Rest in Peace, my dear sister.
    November 19th, 1983 - May 28th, 2011.

My Husbandi s there to . And it appears to take 7 to days on average. But I do receive his letter with in a couple of days. But as it was said in other threads it depends on the day. Cause sometimes it has been faster . But It was after thanks giving before he got my letters from the 11th and 12th. Good Luck

I am happy today received a letter from my husband day. They are finally giving him his mail from me. The lord is good all the time he does answer prayers. Stay prayerful everyone.

Veteran Member

mine is n cal state prison lancaster it is takin about 2 weeks for him to get mail
    Posted via Mobile Device

If he is still in receiving he will not get it until he is housed, if he already housed then he should be getting them what i do is send my l/o a care packet once a week which means:

I write 7 letters or more, send 5/.99cent cards, magazines, puzzles, calenders, pictures, i even made names a star after him, and hoochy mail and send it out priorety mail 4.95 and ask for conformation for .70 cents that he got it so maybe that will work for you.... but im sure he is getting your mail it takes time due to holidays and normally there is only one person in the mail room for all them inmates....so, it will come

It should not take that long maybe 3 days at the most. I would call the prison and ask. Are you putting the prison number on it? I hope you can get this problem taken care of sweetie. Good luck hun!!

Waiting on you to finsh what we started!!

Mrs. Wolf

Veteran Member

he is still in inmate reception has been there since oct.5th and he can recieve letters..i sent him paper and stamped envelopes on dec.2nd he has not recieved them yet!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hi my JPay family thank you so much for all the love you give here. I called dvi mailroom and was told the mail was backed up but they are caught up as of Dec 10. So they are now getting mail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information