+ Reply to Thread

Default Can prisoners call to cell phones?

I know this may be a stupid question but I've just heard so much about setting up a sprint account and my husband hasn't called me yet. Just wondering if he can call me collect if I have a cell phone.

Veteran Member

If you are in Texas, they can only call land lines

Im In michigan and yes they can call your cell phone if you set up account. trying going to www.correctionalbillingservices.com u should be able to find more info there

yeah they can and at times the rates are the same as if they was to call a landline
    (.12 a minute)

~All His For Ever, Till The End~

I have a cell phone and my husband calls me all the time i have not set up an account or anything but.... im in michigan and in some prisons in michigan they have prepaid cards that the prisoners can buy then call you no matter what kind of phone you have all he has to do is add ur number to his calling list and then u send him money for his account. Not to mention in barley cost anything to do it this way

Not in Florida.

yes I know they can here in NJ because my fiancee does I mean a lot of people dont have land line phones any more so they have lifted that band a long time ago. I'm not sure about everywhere else but I do know I talk to him every night and he calls me on cell.

Veteran Member

In FL DOC u cannot call cell phones, they say it's for security reasons..BUT when my hubby was in county jail awaiting transfer, he was able to call my cell phone, I had to set up a prepaid acct w/amtel for him to call. It all depends on what state you're in & whether he's in state or county custody.
    'To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.'

User Reported to Local Law Inforcement

well they can't have cells "legally" but i know a few that do, my ex's home boy down in south florida used to call us all the time.... guess he was dating an officer so she brought it so they could talk...

Quote Originally Posted by 1_real_rider View Post
    well they can't have cells "legally" but i know a few that do, my ex's home boy down in south florida used to call us all the time.... guess he was dating an officer so she brought it so they could talk...
    Dayum! He was a PIMP! LOL~

~Peace, Blessings, and Smooches~

Veteran Member

Talking My baby does...

My baby was calling my cellphone. Not SURE if they allow them HAVING one. LOL! That'd BE GREAT!!!!
    The 1 & Only Lady Slugga!!!!

Veteran Member

Well if you are Plaxico Burress, apparently you can have a cell phone.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/03/plaxic...ison-new-york/

Personally I think you folks that have inmates in a NYDOC facility should petition for your loved ones to have cell phones. If Plaxico Burress can have one, your loveds should be able to have one too...in my mind this just shows that if you got $$ you get special treatment even on the inside. And I don't think that is right.

We r in MI> He can call your cell phone but not collect,check with correctional billing

Im in Fl and my boo said he could not get my number approved because it was cell-of course that was after he got transferred to prison. when he was in county jail he could call me as much as he wanted with CBS!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Woman*n*Kids View Post
    I know this may be a stupid question but I've just heard so much about setting up a sprint account and my husband hasn't called me yet. Just wondering if he can call me collect if I have a cell phone.
    I live in CA and if you fax your cell phone bill to global telink you can recive calls. And no ? is stupid thast what we are all here for to ask ask ask lol.

I'm in CO and wondering why the calls dont come in collect. I'm with AT&T

go to GlobalTelLink.com. They can set your cell phone up to recieve calls. You will have to keep an account open with money in the account in order to receive calls

i don't know if this will help you but there is a company that lets you get calls on your cell phone. You just have to pay for the calls in advance

no collect calls but you can with evercom which you must prepay evercom

Veteran Member

In Texas you can only get calls to a landline with their system.
    Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

Can I get calls to my cell phone in South Carolina? I set up an account with Correctional Billing Services, but they never ask what facility will be calling you, so I don't want to waste my time paying them and sending in the information if it won't work. Anyone know?

Veteran Member

Im in PA and can have my man call my cell so I dont see why not. We have a company here that covers the entire PA DOC so maybe you have a similar thing in SC. Id check out the state specific forums they may be more helpful. just keep scolling down on the main forum page till you see South Carolina. Best Wishies and welcome to Jpay

Pre-parole 7/22/11 Parole 8/12/11 Greensheet 9/29/11 Homeplan Check 11/18/11 Homeplan Approved 12/16/11 Home 1/17/12

Thanks! The SC Forum is somewhat of a ghost town.

Veteran Member

sorry to hear that. what i did was call the prison my man was at got the number for their phone company then called them. i had it set up for him to call me in no time! best of luck

In Texas, they cannot call cell phones which is such a pain..check with his prison or the state prison website, they have lots of info or will route you to right people for help....

High Desert in Nevada allows inmates to call cell phones. I know because my loved one called on my cell phone on Saturday

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information