+ Reply to Thread

Default Middleton Unit Information

Are you able to do the email and video visits when they are in the Middleton unit? Also if I have a child with someone in there and I take him to visit, even though he and I aren't married will he still get contact visits cause I have his child? He said he would put me down as common law, but I wouldn't think that would work cause then everyone would be doing that, right? Any information at all about the Middleton unit would be great, like what can I send him or can I buy the stuff for him from their commissary?

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay!
    You can register your inmate & it will tell you what services are allowed at the unit he's at. No units in Texas from what I know allow video vists. If you werent common law married before he went in, he prob shouldnt put you down as that bc if they find out they will take away all visiting rights. You cant send him care packages as of yet I believe thats supposed to start in the next few months but you can send him money on Jpay & he can buy comissary with that.

I think if the child is the two of yours and he's the biological father then they will allow contact visits but it's always the best plan to call the unit and speak with who is over visiting. I do know another person on this forum was going to hitch a ride to Huntsville w/ me and if the kids were with her - she got a contact visit but if they weren't - only non-contact visits.

Veteran Member

We were never allowed contact visits before we got married and we had a child together. he wasn't listed on her birth certificate though. She's 25 now and when I had her, in Texas, you couldn't put the father's name of the birth certificate if you weren't married but I could give her his name. I think it's different now. I hear cases where as long as the child is with you, you can get contact visits.

Thank you for your responses. How do you register an inmate?

Veteran Member

Go to Jpay.com & enter his ID# & go from there. If you don't know his # you can click on the search inmate section & it will narrow down the search by clicking on the state then entering his name.

My husband just got to Middleton and I can't seem to locate him. I mailed him a letter today, will he get it?

My Husband is also there,just got there on Thursday I have been j pay messaging him,how long does it take while being tranfered there from Dallas exactly before he can write back I wonder?

My husband just got to middleton can anyone tell me about ghetto facility, visitation?

My brother just got transferred to Middleton this past Thursday. Is there a way to find check is account balance?

@Renee 2012 - I was told it takes 30-45 days for inmates to process before you can visit with them. Only on Weekends 8am-5pm 1 visit per wknd with 2 adult’s kids can go as well for 2hrs.

Super Moderator

Hello ladies and welcome to JPay I do not know specific information on the Middleton Unit but I have included a TDCJ Link on Middleton that has the Unit phone number that you can call and ask visitation questions, etc. as each Unit is different.

Olivia, there is not a way to check his account balance, but since he was transferred this past Thursday he should already be in the system and you should be able to put funds on his account. If you need help with that you can message me.

http://tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/ne.html
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Thank you Khernandez. I've already put money in his account. just wanted to check if he's been able to receive his funds.

Would you by any chance know if they have to pay a Restitution fee?

Thanks again!

Veteran Member

my friends husband was on Middleton unit and she brought her children to see him and they all got contact visits but as some of the ladies have said I would call just to make sure

Thanks ladies

Super Moderator

you are welcome renee
    Mrs. Hernandez

Finally got a letter from my love I could do backflips if I knew how. I can go to bed a happy women

Super Moderator

That is great Renee!!
    Mrs. Hernandez

Everyone that has posted saying they have someone at Middleton are your loved ones still there? My son has been there since Oct and was just wanting to have some support or if i can give it

Quote Originally Posted by tammy09 View Post
    Everyone that has posted saying they have someone at Middleton are your loved ones still there? My son has been there since Oct and was just wanting to have some support or if i can give it
    My husband has been there since October 1st and he may stay there for the duration of his sentence. You can PM if you want.

My fiancee just got to Middleton and i haven't had any contact with him do you know how long it takes for them to be able to call

Quote Originally Posted by ladeelyn View Post
    My fiancee just got to Middleton and i haven't had any contact with him do you know how long it takes for them to be able to call
    It's probably going to take at least 30 days, he has to get through intake before he can make phone calls. Intake takes anywhere from 30-45 days. My husband's intake took 35 days. Hearing his voice after all that time was great!!! But, he can write and you can write Jpay letters or snail mail and he'll get them. Put money on his account as soon as you can so he can buy writing things at commissary.

Veteran Member

It's going to take a few weeks because he's going thru processing. Just keep writing to him. He'll get your letters and you will get letters from him soon. Hang in there. Were here for you. God bless...

My baby is in middleton!! I miss him

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information