+ Reply to Thread

Default conjugal visits for michigan

Friends,

I just created a petition entitled State of Michigan: PASS CONJUGAL VISITS, because I care deeply about this very important issue.

I'm trying to collect 100 signatures, and I could really use your help.

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, click here:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/stat...FyouJQP&pe=pce

It'll just take a minute!

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word!

KIMBERLY

I live in his heart...(somewhere in Kansas)

I think all states need conjugal visits. I would sign your petition...it wont help me any b/c I'm were in Kansas....but I do know how you feel!

I live in his heart...(somewhere in Kansas)

Just signed it! Maybe we could start a petition to do conjugal visits in every state....not just michigan. I know some states already have it, but the others should as well. I haven't been able to be alone with my husband for almost 6 years. Yes we would have sex, but its not just about the sex, I'd like to be in his arms without the guards freaking out on me. I'd like to hug and kiss him as long as I want. I don't want the guards watching my ever move like I'm doing something wrong, just for visiting a convict. Good luck with your petition.

I totally agree, no state should keep families from ne another. Start a petition for your state at change.org, fight all the way, our loved ones are depending on us.

Yeah I hate being watched at visits to, my husband asks me why i am so tense when he kisses me, i tell him i do not like it here. I mean they check you before you go in and they check the prisoners to so why do they have to be on top of us like they are. Start a petition for your state and I will be more than glad to sign it and I will ask others to sign for you also. i also agree with you as far as it not all being about sex, it is also family bonding. My husband has a 6 year old boy that has to grow up without him and the little guys mother passed away 5 years ago. My heart aches for my step son. They give the visits than he can have the closeness with his dad still.

Veteran Member

This petition rears its ugly head from time and time and so for what it's worth...here's my 2 cents.

Internet petitions don't do anything other than to raise awareness. if you want to change state laws regarding this issue, you will need to get a grassroots campaign going in your state to find a state legislator to write, sponsor and advocate for your bill.

Also, from a financial perspective all correctional systems are broke...worse yet they are broker than broke. They bring zero dollars into state coffers and are in essence, reliant upon tax dollars to support them. With the current recession, property taxes are at all time lows in almost every state. Fewer property taxes, larger budget cuts. Prisons always get hit the hardest. Just ask anyone who has a loved one in prison who can't get out because they need to complete a mandatory program...a program that due to budget cuts is now only run once a year at another facility. Need rehab or addiction programs? cut as well. And don't even get me started on the extremely poor quality of food and medical care that is provided to inmates or the fact that conjugal visits would most likely be denied to people involved in same sex relationships.

Conjugal visits have NOTHING to do with "family bonding" since families are not allowed during conjugal visits...it is just the husband and wife. And if you think that the pat down searches you get when you are in a open visiting room are bed, they are far worse for a conjugal visit since the family member can be strip searched as well. And keep in mind that the money that would be used to run such a program for a few people would remove money from programs that would benefit way more people.

Personally, keep the money it would cost to run a program like that and give my loved one better food, access to doctors and dentists so he's not losing teeth due to poor dental care. Put the money towards lowering phone costs so he can call home more frequently...put in more phones so he doesn't have to wait in line behind 60 people trying to use 2 phones that seldom work.

TogetherForever

Quote Originally Posted by Cerwydden View Post
    This petition rears its ugly head from time and time and so for what it's worth...here's my 2 cents.

Internet petitions don't do anything other than to raise awareness. if you want to change state laws regarding this issue, you will need to get a grassroots campaign going in your state to find a state legislator to write, sponsor and advocate for your bill.

Also, from a financial perspective all correctional systems are broke...worse yet they are broker than broke. They bring zero dollars into state coffers and are in essence, reliant upon tax dollars to support them. With the current recession, property taxes are at all time lows in almost every state. Fewer property taxes, larger budget cuts. Prisons always get hit the hardest. Just ask anyone who has a loved one in prison who can't get out because they need to complete a mandatory program...a program that due to budget cuts is now only run once a year at another facility. Need rehab or addiction programs? cut as well. And don't even get me started on the extremely poor quality of food and medical care that is provided to inmates or the fact that conjugal visits would most likely be denied to people involved in same sex relationships.

Conjugal visits have NOTHING to do with "family bonding" since families are not allowed during conjugal visits...it is just the husband and wife. And if you think that the pat down searches you get when you are in a open visiting room are bed, they are far worse for a conjugal visit since the family member can be strip searched as well. And keep in mind that the money that would be used to run such a program for a few people would remove money from programs that would benefit way more people.

Personally, keep the money it would cost to run a program like that and give my loved one better food, access to doctors and dentists so he's not losing teeth due to poor dental care. Put the money towards lowering phone costs so he can call home more frequently...put in more phones so he doesn't have to wait in line behind 60 people trying to use 2 phones that seldom work.
    all i can say is WOW

TogetherForever

i just signed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information