+ Reply to Thread

Default CCA Leavenworth Detention Center?

Does anybody have any experience with the CCA Leavenworth Detention Center in Kansas?

My boyfriend was just transferred there (with no warning) and I am having trouble finding any real information about it. I see on their website that it is a maximum security prison which scares me (he is only supposed to be in minimum security).

Any information that anybody could provide would be VERY much appreciated!!

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with the CCA Leavenworth Detention Center in Kansas?

My boyfriend was just transferred there (with no warning) and I am having trouble finding any real information about it. I see on their website that it is a maximum security prison which scares me (he is only supposed to be in minimum security).

Any information that anybody could provide would be VERY much appreciated!!

Todd
    my son is in Lansing minimum secured prison which is close to Leavenworth. I too don't know anything about prisons, only know that I really don't like it too well. My son has two small children that we take to visit him, and the staff is very strict compared to the other facilities. They have moved my son 3 times this past year. The first place he was in was so nice, staff would deliver messages when we would call, just very accommadating. So anyone with any insight into Lansing, please inform me...thanks...barbarilla.

Well hello there I do not know how much exsperience you have with Lansing but I have been going there vone to two times a week for the last 5 years & they are really tight there I mean there always seems to be an issue for one of the gaurds about something or another during visits no matter what they stir trouble for us for some reason it seems like , But then again it may just be me .. is you son in max ,med or min security there and if you don't mind let me know how it goes for you ....
    Some Say It's Fantasy Or Fairy Tale That Our Love Together Is Not Real / Yet Were Still Together After All these Years

Quote Originally Posted by hisangel View Post
    Well hello there I do not know how much exsperience you have with Lansing but I have been going there vone to two times a week for the last 5 years & they are really tight there I mean there always seems to be an issue for one of the gaurds about something or another during visits no matter what they stir trouble for us for some reason it seems like , But then again it may just be me .. is you son in max ,med or min security there and if you don't mind let me know how it goes for you ....
    Same way with us...first time, my skirt was too short...hell I'm 56 y/o, I didn't have a mini skirt on, then this last time, blouse too low cut. With my skirt, the guard came over and said, "do you have other clothes in your car"? NO...Then he goes,"I want you to know that while you are here today every man in this room will be watching you". Creeped me out. My son in minimum. He has two kids girl 4, boy 2. We were letting them play in play area while we sat in chairs about 3 or 4 rows down....guard comes over and tells me that I should keep them within arms reach while we are there. Then once we let boy sit on stage area so I could tie his shoes without bending over....Can't do that. Last time, we put our chairs against stage wall and then some right in front of them so we could sit in a square and let kids play in play area....NO, can't do that either....had to move chairs out from against wall. Why? Crazy, nit pickin. My son was in Toronto for several months and they were so nice to us. Let us bring in food. A couple of times I forgot my DL, they said they knew it was me. Once forgot power of attorney for kids paper....they let it slide. We could call them and get a message to Ben to call home, or to let him know it made it home safely...they always were willing to do it. I know some of it has to do with the number of inmates, but gees, it is minimum security...Last time in Lansing had drug sniffing dog check even the kids. Glad to know it just isn't us...they are unfriendly to all...lol barbarilla.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarilla View Post
    Same way with us...first time, my skirt was too short...hell I'm 56 y/o, I didn't have a mini skirt on, then this last time, blouse too low cut. With my skirt, the guard came over and said, "do you have other clothes in your car"? NO...Then he goes,"I want you to know that while you are here today every man in this room will be watching you". Creeped me out. My son in minimum. He has two kids girl 4, boy 2. We were letting them play in play area while we sat in chairs about 3 or 4 rows down....guard comes over and tells me that I should keep them within arms reach while we are there. Then once we let boy sit on stage area so I could tie his shoes without bending over....Can't do that. Last time, we put our chairs against stage wall and then some right in front of them so we could sit in a square and let kids play in play area....NO, can't do that either....had to move chairs out from against wall. Why? Crazy, nit pickin. My son was in Toronto for several months and they were so nice to us. Let us bring in food. A couple of times I forgot my DL, they said they knew it was me. Once forgot power of attorney for kids paper....they let it slide. We could call them and get a message to Ben to call home, or to let him know it made it home safely...they always were willing to do it. I know some of it has to do with the number of inmates, but gees, it is minimum security...Last time in Lansing had drug sniffing dog check even the kids. Glad to know it just isn't us...they are unfriendly to all...lol barbarilla.
    Well yeah that goes for me too there ( glad to know it's not just me) . Well I am sorry it was so long before I replied. But I went to jail myself for about 4 Mo because of driving on a suspended . But I do want to add that sometimes I think maybe it was related to or because of my husband & what the guards maybe thought or knew about him .. Because since I have been released he does not see or talk to me any more . And it seems like the guards have laid off of me too ..
    Some Say It's Fantasy Or Fairy Tale That Our Love Together Is Not Real / Yet Were Still Together After All these Years

you think lansing is strict ellsworth is worse

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information