+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default The Components of My Parole Package

Hello my wonderful Jpay family!! I have recently completed and submitted a Parole Review Package for my man. I used information I found on this site, on numerous other sites, and developed from there. I took all the documents, placed them in clear sheet protectors, used a pack of 5 numbered tab dividers to separate the sections and put them in a braded folder. I am going to share the peices of it here. Let me know what you think. Mine is already off to the review board and I'm anxiously awaiting their answer. I just figure if any of this helps any of you, then great. Just edit it to fit your situation, as yours will be different than ours. So here goes....

1st page- Cover Letter, with "Parole Review Plan" Inmates Name and Inmates TDCJ #, centered on page.

Pg 2. Table Of Contents

Table of Contents

Section 1: The Game Plan
    The Parole Release Plan
    Housing Confirmation
    Transportation Confirmation

Section 2: Letter From (Inmates Name)
    (Inmate Name)'s Personal Letter of Support

Section 3: Support Letters
    Letter of Support from (My Name)
    Letter of Support from (His Moms Name)
    Letter of Support from (His Sisters Name)

Section 4: Community Resources
    XXXXX County Christian Men's Job Corp
    XXXXXXXX Church Young Adults Group
    XXXXXX Area Narcotics Anonymous Schedule
    XXXXXXXXXXX Alcoholics Anonymous Schedule

Section 5: Pictures
    Pictures of (Inmates Name)
    Pictures of Where He Will Live
    Pictures of People Who Support (Inmate)

cntd in next post...
    Last edited by TexasDust; 01-14-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Veteran Member

Default continued

pg 1 of section 1

(Inmates Full Name)
    TDCJ# 153XXXX

Parole Release Plan
    Prepared by: (My name)
    At the request of: (Inmates Name)

Opening Statement: (Inmates Name) has served nearly 3 years calendar time and accrued additional good time on his 12 year sentence. This is his first time in prison, and all his past offenses have been drug related. (Inmate) acknowledges that his poor decisions have placed him where he is and is remorseful for the impact those choices have had on his family and others. He has spent his time behind bars furthering his education, reconnecting with the God of his understanding, and learning work skills and tools to effectively handle his addiction. Today, (Inmate) has plans for a better future and desires the opportunity to become a productive, contributing member of society. If given the opportunity to parole, (Inmate) has a plan in place to ensure a successful transition back into the free world. This Parole Release Plan will outline the details.

Personal Statistics:
    Date of Birth: 11/XX/197X Age: 3X Race: White
    Height: 6' 01” Weight: 1X0 lbs Hair Color: Blonde Eyes: Blue
    Marital Status: Single Children: Yes- Two Boys, ages X and X
    Siblings: Yes- Two Sisters, ages 2X and 1X Place of Birth: (State)

DOC/TDCJ Offense and Sentence Information:
    Significant Controlling Offense: MAN DEL CS PG 1>=4G<200G
    Offense Category: Alcohol/Drug (Nonviolent, No Sex, No Title 5, No 3g)
    County of Offense: XXXXX County Date of Offense: 03/20/2007
    Felony Level: 1st Degree Felony Case/Cause #: 2007XXXXXX
    Original Parole Eligibility Date: 08/29/2008 Outcome: Received Set Off
    Max Discharge Date: 03/20/2019
    Listed Projected Release Date*: 4/22/2012
    Flat Time Served in TDCJ*: 2.83 years or 23.24% of term

Statistics for Offenders with Same Offense of MAN DEL CS PG 1>4G<200G:
    With the same offense: 8114 Offenders Avg Term w/ same offense: 13 Years
    Max Term w/ same offense: 99 Years Min Term w/ same offense: 0 Years
    Avg Time Spent: 3.00 Years Avg % of Time Spent to Term: 23.08%

Where Does Parolee Plan to Reside? He will reside in the guest house on the property of a family friend, (My Name), located at 1XX2 XXX Road, (City), Texas 78XXX, in (This) County. See Housing Confirmation for details of property.

Will There Be Minor Children in the Residence? Yes. (My name) has 3 children, ages 1X years, X years, and X years. The older two children view Charles as their Uncle and have known him since birth. (Inmate) has not met the X year old boy yet.

Is There an Alternate Place Parolee Can Reside If Needed? Yes. If the Parole Board or Parole Officer request an alternate residence, (Inmate) may reside with his mother, (His Moms Name) at XXX7 Oak XXXXXXXXX, (City), Texas 78XXX.

Does Parolee Have a High School Diploma? (Inmate) has completed classes for and earned his GED while in the Custody of TDCJ.

What Classes and Personal Improvement Activities Has Parolee Participated In While Incarcerated? In addition to completing his GED, (Inmate) has taken substance abuse classes, participated in AA meetings while in Bexar County, gathered information on College classes from Florida State University and University of Central Arkansas. He is also currently approved for the class, CHANGES.

Does Parolee Have a Trade or Skill to assist in obtaining employment? (Inmate) has previous sales experience as well as strong computer skills. He has also gathered information on The XXXXX County Mens Job Corp in (City), where he qualifies for free job skills training.

What Employment Opportunities Does Parolee Have or Plan To Pursue? (Inmate) prefers to find a job in (City), where he will be living. The job market is strong in (City), with the continual growth of the San Antonio Outskirts in that direction. (Inmate) has been offered an opportunity to work with a San Antonio Based Power Washing Company and will take that position if he is unable to find an opportunity in (City) with in two months from his release.

How Will Family Members Be Participating or Available To Assist in the Parolee's Release Plan? (Inmate) has a very supportive family. His mother, who visits him regularly and currently puts money on his books every month, will continue to help financially support her son, spend time with him, and ensure his needs are met. His sister, (His Sister's Name), who is in the US Air Force and currently stationed at Lackland, will assist in purchasing him clothes, spend time with and offer guidance for him, and assist with transportation for him as needed. He also has the love and support of his 16 year old sister, his grandma, his cousins and his aunt. (Inmate) also has a very supportive close family friend, (My Name), who has known him for 15 years that, in addition to housing and transportation, will provide (Inmate) with emotional and moral support as well as food and clothing.

What Other Activities and Organizations Does Parolee Plan on Attending or Participating In? (Inmate) will be attending XXXX XXXXXX Church on IHXX, between San Antonio and (City). In addition to weekend services, they have a very active young adults group and men's group for men in their 30s. (Inmate) will also be attending 12 step meetings, such as AA, NA, and Celebrate Recovery in (City) and (Another City) at a minimum of 3-4 times a week. Also, as mentioned earlier, (Inmate) would like to attend Job Skills Classes at XXXX County Men's Job Corp or pursue a degree at an accredited college.

Brief Description of Parolee's Future Goals: (Inmate) looks forward to redeveloping a relationship with his sons, his niece and nephews, and continuing to develop even stronger relationships with his mom and sisters. He plans to find a job so he can pay child support and provide for himself. By working hard and continually developing his skills, he plans to continue to find better and better opportunities as time passes. Eventually he would like to pursue a degree in counseling and start a career as a substance abuse counselor, where he can take his experiences and the lessons he's learned while in TDCJ and using it to help others make better decisions with their lives than those he made in his past.

Closing Comments: (Inmate) has grown a lot as a person and turned his life around during his time in TDCJ. He would be very grateful for the opportunity to rejoin society and be there for his family and for his sons. He has a strong support system that will help keep him on the right track as he transitions into his new life. (Inmate) is a good person who made some bad decisions in his past, but he has learned from them and is ready to move forward. Please allow him the opportunity to make us all proud by granting his parole and sending him home. Thank you for your time and your consideration.

* All statistics regarding Offenders with Sam Offense and Regarding Offense and Sentence Information are from a Customized Parole Review Report prepared by www.parolesource.com. No template was used for the creation of this Parole Release Plan, though lots of time went into researching what information it should contain and lots of communication between the inmate and family took place to put this report together.
    Last edited by TexasJuneBug; 01-14-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Veteran Member

Default Section 1 page 2 and page 3

scetion 1 page 2

Housing Confirmation
    I am willing to provide accommodations
    as provided below.

Date: December 28, 2009
    Name of landlord: (My Name)
    Address: (My Address)
    County: XXXX County
    Telephone Number: (XXX)-XXX-XXXX

I acknowledge that I am able and willing to provide living accommodations for: (Inmates Name)
    at: (My address)
    for at least: Two Years.
    The accommodations are in a furnished guest house detached from the main house, including a heater and a/c, a bed, a dresser, a closet, a desk, electricity, and a bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower.
    The parolee will be obligated to pay room and board of $100 per month starting the third full month staying on the property, and will be expected to assist with upkeep of the property (trash removal, yard care, basic maintenance.
    My relationship to the parolee is: Family Friend of 15 years.
    Sincerely yours:
    (signature) ______________________________

Section 1 page 3

Transportation Confirmation
    I am willing to provide transportation
    as provided below.

Date: December 28, 2009
    Vehicle Owner: (My name)
    Address: (My Address)
    County: XXXX County
    Telephone Number: (XXX)-XXX-XXXX

I acknowledge that I am able and willing to provide transportation to and from ALL parole meetings, appointments, job searches and interviews, classes, and employment for: (Inmates Name)
    for at least: One year, or until he gets his own vehicle.
    The vehicle I own is a 2008 Subaru XXXX, insured by XXXX Insurance. I also have a 199X Ford XXXXX that needs only minor repairs to be running in good condition.
    (Inmate) will be obligated to assist with gas money starting the second full month after finding a job.
    My relationship to the parolee is: Family Friend of 15 years.
    Sincerely yours:
    (signature) ______________________________

Veteran Member

Default Section 2 and 3 Support letters

My inmates' letter, which was the only thing I put in section 2 was hand written. I may type it up and place it here later.

section 3, page 1 (My support letter)

(My name)
    1XX2 XXXXXXXXX Rd
    (City), Texas 78XXX

In regards to: (Inmate Name)
    DOC#0153XXXX
    (TDCJ Prison Name) Unit

Honorable Members of the Parole Board
    Texas Board of Pardons and Parole

Dear Honorable Members of the Parole Board:

My name is (My Name). I am XX years old and have had a successful career in Sales and Marketing Management for 10 years. Currently, I provide marketing services for XxXXXXXx Law Firm in (City), Texas. I reside in (City), Texas, in the very house I grew up in, located in the hill country on 6 acres of land. I have been and still am a close friend of (Inmate's Name), DOC#0153XXXX, for over 14 years. Although I know him well and keep close contact with him now, I was not around during the time he started making bad choices and got in trouble with the law.

I do know that since being incarcerated, (Inmate) has completed his G.E.D. completed a substance abuse program, and stayed out of trouble. He also talks about a new faith and trust in God. He always has a positive attitude when we visit or talk on the phone. He tells me of his efforts not only to improve himself, but to help other inmates find purpose and remain positive during their time in prison. (Inmate) takes full responsibility for the actions that led to his incarceration, and shows considerable remorse and desire to be a productive member of society upon his release.

I am more than willing to provide (Inmate) with every aspect of support, both financially and emotionally, as well as provide as much accountability and love as possible. I have a vacant guest house on my property where he can live rent free for as long as needed until he gets on his feet. He will have food, water, shelter, clothing, electricity, and access to my family vehicle to get to and from his meetings and to find a good job. I am connected in the community of (City) and have several companies that are willing to interview him and at least one will most likely offer him a job upon his release. There are a lot of companies hiring in this town. (City) also has a very active AA group and an NA group, where (Inmate) will be able to continue his recovery, find a sponsor, and attend daily meetings.

I believe beyond a doubt that given the opportunity of parole, (Inmate) will come home and make us all proud. Thank you for your time and attention. Please contact me anytime at the number below for any further information.

Sincerely,

(My Name)
    (XXX0-XXX-XXXX -Personal Cell

Veteran Member

Default Section 3, Support Letters CNTD

Section 3, pg 2

December 27, 2009

Parole Board Members
    Board of Pardons and Parole
    P.O. Box 13401
    Capitol Station
    Austin, Texas 78711

Attn: (Inmates Name)
    TDCJ # 0153XXXX

Dear Parole Board Members,
    My name is (His Moms Name). I reside with my 1X year old daughter at 1XXX7 Oak XXXXXXXX, (city), Texas, 78XXX. I have lived in Texas for most my life. I have provided home healthcare for the elderly for the past 12 years, and also take care of my aging mom. I attend church every week at XXXXX Baptist Church in (City) and actively assist with their youth ministries.

I am the Mother of (Inmate Name), TDCJ #0153XXXX.

This is my son's first time to be incarcerated in prison. I visit my son as often as possible, and correspond regularly. Since incarceration, I have noticed many new, positive changes in his life. He has accepted full responsibility, and remorse, for his actions, and is at peace with himself. I feel he is doing all he can do to improve his life. He has completed substance abuse programs, and his GED and he is attending AA meetings and church meetings as well. A number of the inmates come to him for spiritual help, and advice. (Inmate) obeys the rules, and has had no discipline problems since his incarceration.

As his mother, I love (Inmate) very much and I have a willingness to support my son in every way possible in the event of parole. A family friend has offered him housing, transportation to and from work, clothing, some financial help, and support. I will also help out financially, with clothing, advice, love, accountability and emotional support. Everyone involved with (Inmate) cares about him deeply and takes his reintegration into society very seriously.

I truly believe that my son has changed for the better, he is not a violent person, and he would be an asset to his family and the community if he were to be paroled.
    Sincerely,

(His Moms Name)
    (XXX)-XXX-XXXX

Veteran Member

Default Section 3, Last Letter

Section 3, page 3

(His Sisters Name)
    9XX23 XXXXXXXX Ave. Apt XXX
    San Antonio, Texas 78XXX

January 1, 2010

Parole Board Members
    Board of Pardons and Parole
    P.O. Box 13401
    Capitol Station
    Austin, Texas 78711

Attn: (Inmates Name)
    TDCJ # 0153XXXX

Dear Honorable Parole Board Members:
    My name is (His Sisters Name). I am 2X years old, married, and a proud member of the US Air Force. I have recently returned to my home of City), Texas after a tour of duty as a Medic in Iraq.
    I am writing this letter of reference for my older brother, (Inmates Name), who is being reviewed for parole. He and I have always been very close. I understand that he has been found guilty of several drug charges, including intent to distribute. I am also aware that she has been found guilty of a similar charge, years in the past. Nevertheless, I am confident that justice would be best served by offering him another chance.
    I know (Inmate) to have many very positive traits. First of all, he is a peace-loving citizen. He hates violence and cruelty, heck, he hardly even fought with me when we were growing up. This peace-loving nature will allow him to avoid situations that could get him in trouble.
    Second, (Inmate) is a very courteous person. He honors and respects figures of authority. He can be counted on to extend this same courtesy to his parole officer, future employer, and community.
    As a final point, (Inmate) does not have a background of privilege and advantage. He has managed to achieve quite a lot despite not having the support that most people enjoy. This disadvantaged background should be taken into consideration when reviewing his record.
    Upon his release, there is a large circle of support for my brother, including our mother, our other sister, a few long time family friends, an entire AA community in (City), Texas, two church groups, and more. I, personally, am willing to help my brother out with some clothing, rides to and from work, lots of love, accountability, and emotional support.
    In conclusion, I can recommend (Inmate) to you without reservation. You will find my trust in him to be well placed. Feel free to contact at XXX-XXX-XXXX.
    Sincerely,

(His Sisters Name)
    Last edited by TexasJuneBug; 01-14-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Veteran Member

Default Section 4 and Section 5

Section 4 consisted of info I located on:
    • Christian Men's Job Corp that offers free skills trainings and classes even to parolees
    • Our Church's Young Adults Group Info
    • The Area's Narcotics Anonymous Schedule
    • The City's AA Schedule

Section 5 consisted of 4 photo album sheets, each with 2 pictures and a description of what each picture was under the pic or beside it.
    1. First page front was 2 pics of (Inmate), back was a pic of the main house and a pic of the vehicle
    2. Second page front was 2 pics of guest house where he would be staying (for sake of parole board anyways ) and back was a pic of me and a pic of my kids
    3. Third page front was a pic of me and his mom and a pic of his sisters together and back was a pic of each of his sis
    4. Fourth page front was a big family pic taken at a reunion a few years ago with bubs in it, me, his sister, the whole 9 yards and a pic of his boys and the back was a pic of the furnished room waiting, vacant for him and the last pic, a pic of him.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

And that, my Jpay family was my first ever parole package. Copying the pages onto the forum, they lost all formatting, I had them centered, proper looking, etc. It definitely looked alot better all put together, printed on paper, in the folder. I hope it does the trick. Let me know what you think.

Pray the board will show favor upon us!!!
    Last edited by TexasJuneBug; 01-14-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

You did A Great Job!

This will help SOOOOOOOOOOO Many people with being able to picture what a Parole Packet is.

Yours is SO PROFESSIONAL.....

You Go Girl!

And GOOD LUCK with the Parole Board!

That was awesome! You rock! I am also waiting anxiously for your answer. PLEASE dont forget to let us know....

Veteran Member

WAY TO GO!! Damn what the hell did i hire a lawyer for I could have hired you! .. looks great!
    Together we can accomplish anything

And by that I mean GOD...

Veteran Member

Thanks Ladies!! I just pray it does the trick! I feel like I have thumbtacks in my stomach today! They told me when I hand delivered this that they should have an answer by tomorrow... goodness... I don't think time could go any slower today!!

As for hiring me, LOL.... though I'd love to make some money right now (lord knows I need it- they're about to reposses my car ), I couldn't charge my Jpay family. But I am more than willing to help any of you out in anyway I can. Just PM me if there's anything I can do.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJuneBug View Post
    Thanks Ladies!! I just pray it does the trick! I feel like I have thumbtacks in my stomach today! They told me when I hand delivered this that they should have an answer by tomorrow... goodness... I don't think time could go any slower today!!

As for hiring me, LOL.... though I'd love to make some money right now (lord knows I need it- they're about to reposses my car ), I couldn't charge my Jpay family. But I am more than willing to help any of you out in anyway I can. Just PM me if there's anything I can do.
    I am in the same boat with the car thing, and my package follows the same format...we must have used the same resources. I am just waiting on Van to send me his stuff so I can bind it and send it off.
    They just called me again here at work for the address and with questions regarding our parking arrangements here. It's making me sick to my stomach, but i can only do what i can do and what ever happens happens for a reason and i will get through it! I have been on my own doing this for all of my adult life and i always manage some how.
    He is finally home after 21 years! Praise God!!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by appy85 View Post
    I am in the same boat with the car thing, and my package follows the same format...we must have used the same resources. I am just waiting on Van to send me his stuff so I can bind it and send it off.
    They just called me again here at work for the address and with questions regarding our parking arrangements here. It's making me sick to my stomach, but i can only do what i can do and what ever happens happens for a reason and i will get through it! I have been on my own doing this for all of my adult life and i always manage some how.
    EEP!!! Juanita Gonzales (one of the members of his review board) JUST called me. LIKE 5 MINUTES AGO. She let me speak first... I didn't know WHAT to say... I did my best to sound professional. She also asked me more about where I work (whats that got to do with Charles??) and who I spoke with at the County Job Corp and told me the package looked like I had spent alot of time on it. I answered her questions and told her the package was a compiled/ cooberated effort, with info that Charles provided and directed me to, info gathered from his sister and mother, including some of the pictures, etc. I asked her which way she was leaning and she said she still had to review his file... I couldn't even get a read on her!!! I asked her when she thought they would have their decision and she said I should check back middle to end of next week. (The other member of the board that I spoke with briefly on Monday said they'd have an answer by Friday!!) Egad!! I don't know if I can wait that long!! I'm dieing to get that YES!!! Like YESTERDAY!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! The wait is killing me!!!

God I pray they show favor and leinency on Charles!! I NEED MY MAN!!

Senior Super Moderator

They ask questions like that because they want to know if your stable enough to have him parole out to you.

Thank you so very much for this!

How close to his parole date did you send this by the way? My brother has four years until his parole date and I am trying to do what i can to get him out of high max/seg into medium security and start the grad program/education. I am not sure if I should start on this now or wait until he has arrived at his final destination.
    Last edited by readyfor2014; 01-14-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added more

Veteran Member

EEP!!! Juanita Gonzales (one of the members of his review board) JUST called me. LIKE 5 MINUTES AGO. She let me speak first... I didn't know WHAT to say... I did my best to sound professional. She also asked me more about where I work (whats that got to do with Charles??) and who I spoke with at the County Job Corp and told me the package looked like I had spent alot of time on it. I answered her questions and told her the package was a compiled/ cooberated effort, with info that Charles provided and directed me to, info gathered from his sister and mother, including some of the pictures, etc. I asked her which way she was leaning and she said she still had to review his file... I couldn't even get a read on her!!! I asked her when she thought they would have their decision and she said I should check back middle to end of next week. (The other member of the board that I spoke with briefly on Monday said they'd have an answer by Friday!!) Egad!! I don't know if I can wait that long!! I'm dieing to get that YES!!! Like YESTERDAY!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! The wait is killing me!!!

God I pray they show favor and leinency on Charles!! I NEED MY MAN!!
    OMG do you have any finger nails left?? Hell they called you thats a great sign! yeah they want to know all about your job because when it comes down to it.. its you that going to be providing. Wow im soo excited. you call back tomorrow and ask the people , " so when is charles coming home" not IS he but WHEN..lol good luck to you! im sooo nervous for you!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by readyfor2014 View Post

How close to his parole date did you send this by the way? My brother has four years until his parole date and I am trying to do what i can to get him out of high max/seg into medium security and start the grad program/education. I am not sure if I should start on this now or wait until he has arrived at his final destination.
    From what I've heard it's never too early to start sending support letters. As far as letters assisting in getting him from max/seg into medium security, I'm not sure. May want to ask Texas Dust if that would help or what would help with that, should I say. Talking to his counselor might help with getting the education jump started quicker. As far was this package, it was very extremely last minute. But I've always been great at procrastination. So I litterally waited until the day the board had his file in their hand and had to hand deliver it. It was really by fate that everything transpired as it did. I would highly advise AGAINST waiting as long as I did. If for any reason it doesn't work, I'm gonna start sending a new letter EVERY month and getting him to do the same... but I'm thinking positive right now and that means he'll be home with me by my birthday, June 1. Come on San Antonio Parole Board!!! Show Momma some luv!!!

Veteran Member

They will "JuneBug" haha I like that names.. this is his year just like my hunny.. 2010 here we come! its going to happen!

Senior Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by readyfor2014 View Post

From what I've heard it's never too early to start sending support letters. As far as letters assisting in getting him from max/seg into medium security, I'm not sure. May want to ask Texas Dust if that would help or what would help with that, should I say. Talking to his counselor might help with getting the education jump started quicker. As far was this package, it was very extremely last minute. But I've always been great at procrastination. So I litterally waited until the day the board had his file in their hand and had to hand deliver it. It was really by fate that everything transpired as it did. I would highly advise AGAINST waiting as long as I did. If for any reason it doesn't work, I'm gonna start sending a new letter EVERY month and getting him to do the same... but I'm thinking positive right now and that means he'll be home with me by my birthday, June 1. Come on San Antonio Parole Board!!! Show Momma some luv!!!
    They work their way to get their levels and or priviliges as they do good and don't get any write ups and so forth then they move them from the higher level prison facilty to a lower level one.

Every case is different some stay in the same facility till they get out. It just depends upon the circumstances around that peticular person.

When they go from jail to a reception center it is at that center that they test them and do evaluations on them for school and medical.

If they have to get their G.E.D. they will do it while they are at the facility they get sent to.

What some people do is get courses for the inmates to take while they are in there and it is done through correspondance. (The Mail)

It keeps them busy and they have a trade under their belt when they get out.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 01-15-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Veteran Member

FYI... incase you haven't heard the good news... guess the plan did help a little cause we got our response TODAY!! FI-6R. Upon completion of a six month rehabilitation program and no sooner than six months from a specified date (June 2010), inmate will be released on parole.

Senior Super Moderator

FYI... incase you haven't heard the good news... guess the plan did help a little cause we got our response TODAY!! FI-6R. Upon completion of a six month rehabilitation program and no sooner than six months from a specified date (June 2010), inmate will be released on parole.
    Oh Girl!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE TWO OF YOU!

I'm telling you that was an IMPRESSIVE PACKET you did!

June bug now that packet shows your love the time you put into it.Amazing! CONGRATULATION! THAT IS GOOD NEWS.

My brother is serving a 15 year sentence on a a drug conviction and he is not from Texas. His parole dae is March 2011. Is it possible for him be released

Veteran Member

Yes it's possible... if he's been staying out of trouble, completing the recommended classes, and has a strong support circle backing him.

My man was sentenced to 3 concurrent 12 year sentences with a max out date of 3/2019 and a "projected release date" of 4/2012. The first time he was up for parole, I had sent a letter of support, but that was all. No one else did anything. This was his second time up for parole, and I put this package together hoping to maybe sway the board. He was approved, contingent on completion of a Substance Abuse Treatment Program and will be home before the end of 2010. One year, four months sooner than his projected release date (based on max accrual of good time and all programs completed) and nine years, three months sooner than the original sentence end date. So keep believing, keep praying, and be actively involved in working to get him out.

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.

There are Angels around all the time, congratulation TexasJuneBug and you are one, I hope my 18 year old son have parole in October also, he is at Clemens, Brazoria. God Bless...

Texas June Bug. Wow!! Thank you for posting this, I will use it when it comes time. awsome work. Thank you again.
    Danny I'm miss you, this past year was amazing we have many more coming, your in my every thought I love you!!

thank you soooooooo much. that parole review package really gave me an outline on how mone for my husband is supposed to look. thank you so much. my hubby comes up for his first parole hearing in march 2011. i pray that with my parole package and letters of support they will say yes. how does that really work with parole? if at first denied how long does it usually take before you are considered again?
    no weapon formed against me shall prosper:

Awesome job! Thank you so much. I had no idea what a parole packet looked like. Many family members aren't even aware of such a thing.

Thanks again.

awesome job...I'd parole him in a heart beat with all that support!

6 acres? can i come?????? LOL
    i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart )<3

Veteran Member

Glowie, You're welcome anytime!! I'll fix the guest house up for you and bake a cheesecake and everything! Just let me know! I'll even pull out the old pop up play pen for the wee one.

Veteran Member

Kw, thanks. I know it's ashamed that so many who have loved ones in prison don't take the time to learn all they can do to help their loved ones. But then again, there's not alot of resources unless you know where to look. I guess I'm lucky I have strong research skills, and I was blessed to find this site, so full of amazing people willing to share what they've learned in an effort to help others. I luvs my Jpay family!!

Joi, there are so many different answers the board may give. A parole package may help, but it's also important that your man stay out of trouble, work on bettering himself through classes, good behavior, etc while in there, and still, there's nothing that says the board has to grant him parole, it's at their complete discretion. If they do not grant him parole on the first time he's up, they may give him a one year set off, meaning they will review him for parole again in a year, or they can give any number of years in a set off up to 5 years. They can also give a serve all up to his short way (projected release date), but we won't focus on that one. Let's focus on what we want!

texas, yeah you are right..... so i'm looking so far into the future i just need to remain focused on the one that is coming up now (well next yr). with your parole package i was able to start the outline of mine.... my daughter and i have already wrote support letters. i got my husband to write a few hiself and get them to me asap along with the different certi. from the classes he has already taken end completed and also to get back on them counselors to take more or get transformed to another facility that offers what he needs. All that because we have to make something because our daughter and esp. me are sooooooo eady for him to come home to us. So anyways i tried calling his sister yesterday to get her to write a supprt letter for her brother. Well as soon as she heard my voice she hung up....silly me i thought we had a bad connection so i called right back....what she said to me i cant repeat or even say to my worse enemy (if i had one) if she was trying to break my spirit she didnt because i still said a prayer for her last night. so i will just have to write her letter myself and forge her name. what ever it takes to get him over on this side has to be done
    no weapon formed against me shall prosper:

Default Wow!!!!!

That was so helpful. I hope I can be that detailed and ready. That was just simply amazing!

Veteran Member

You've got the time Ms. Ward, start working on it now, and your man's package will turn out even better. Just remind him how important it is he stays on the right path.

Wow, some really good information here, I am glad I came across your post, beautiful. Will help me getting something structured, Though I fear I may be the only one to send a support letter in the parole package...

Texas,

I've read in some places that we can submit the package directly to the parole board but I've read in other places that we have to give it to the inmate and have them deliver it. Which is correct?

My bf goes before the parole board in September and I am working hard to get everythign together for him. So thankful to have found this site. I would love to chat with you. I have other things I am working on and would love your input.

Veteran Member

Kw, it may be different in North Carolina, I'm not sure, but here in Texas, I was able to deliver the package directly to the parole board. I wish you the best outcome possible when your man comes up for parole!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by kw-n-kw View Post
    Texas,

I've read in some places that we can submit the package directly to the parole board but I've read in other places that we have to give it to the inmate and have them deliver it. Which is correct?

My bf goes before the parole board in September and I am working hard to get everythign together for him. So thankful to have found this site. I would love to chat with you. I have other things I am working on and would love your input.
    I created 2 one for the board mailed directly too them, and one for my husband to present at the time of interview because they dont bring the whole file up with them to interview the inmate here in Texas. Hope that helps?
    He is finally home after 21 years! Praise God!!!

wow,that was great.how lucky this person is to have you!!!!pls let us know what the out come is..

this is so right on time for us, thank you will be writing you back

Hi i have a ?'s What are the odds of my hubby gettting proled in 10 mo's for his 3 dui plus he has a long recored. drugs, dui's, and one felony with a wepon charge. sorry not a great speller. He got 18mo's to 60's. We have to lil boys they will be in the first grade when he comes up for prole.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by missingmyfishy View Post
    Hi i have a ?'s What are the odds of my hubby gettting proled in 10 mo's for his 3 dui plus he has a long recored. drugs, dui's, and one felony with a wepon charge. sorry not a great speller. He got 18mo's to 60's. We have to lil boys they will be in the first grade when he comes up for prole.
    I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure what state your hubby is retained in. But from the little experience I've had and the info you've shared, if he's in Texas... chances he'll get paroled his first time up are slim as it is... on a third DUI, I'd say slim to none. They're really cracked down on drunk drivers, and with a previous record of substance abuse, well, that really doesn't help. BUT, there is no garauntee.. and the more support they get from the outside, the more it seems that he might be recovering and changing due to his time in there, the better his chances are. Put together a strong parole package for him, like the one outlined in this thread. Rally support of as many people as you can. Even if he isn't paroled this time, they keep it all on file. Then, do it again when he goes up for parole again. When they see consistant support, they'll be more apt to release him to parole.

Wish you luck.

TexasJuneBug,

Thank you so much for sharing your parole package. I am not educated on how the prison system works at all. I am learning so much on this website. I'm going to start working on my package now, he comes up for parole in November. Thanks everyone!!!

My son was sentenced to 7 years and they said it is to run concurrent with his state Jail time. We still do not have any idea how much time he will have to serve. When do they find out how much time they have to serve of the time sentenced? When do I need to start putting together a parole packet and where do I request one. His lawyer is saying he might be eligible for parole by the time he gets to TDC, I am so confused about all of this, any information is appreciated very much...

Wow..dat was so great of u to post so much detailed info to help other out..ur a wonderful person...god bless

Veteran Member

lwemom, you can get a lawyer to help you put together a package, or if you're willing to do the work, you can put one together yourself... similar to the one laid out in this thread. Start sending letters of support for your son to the parole board now, keep a copy of every letter for the package, and get additional letters from others, as described in this thread. You will want to have the package ready before he is eligible for parole. They will usually pull an inmates file 6 months prior to their eligibility date, so it's not a bad idea to send it around then that way it's in his file for the parole board to review. I wish you the best of luck.

ikewoman19, I wouldn't have made it through these past few years with out the support and information shared by the loved ones of other inmates. It was the least I could do to say thank you. If this thread... or anything you find on this site has helped you out, all I ask is that you pay it forward and pass it on so others may be blessed as well.

This is fantastic. Alot of work on your part -Congradulations!

TexasJuneBug- That was incredible! Thank you for sharing. You have helped many many people!!

My son is in Kansas and with good time, will be out in March 2010. Is it too early to start sending letters? He's trying to get approved for work release but won't be eligible until September.

I feel so stupid, but honestly didn't know there would even be any question about his getting out in March as long as he kept his good time. He is staying out of trouble and doing good work on his job, learning skills, etc. He got an excellent score on his psych eval which put him immediately in Minimum in the "privileged" pod.

Advice? Do we start sending letters now? Does he need a parole package?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by pngtisa View Post
    TexasJuneBug- That was incredible! Thank you for sharing. You have helped many many people!!

My son is in Kansas and with good time, will be out in March 2010. Is it too early to start sending letters? He's trying to get approved for work release but won't be eligible until September.

I feel so stupid, but honestly didn't know there would even be any question about his getting out in March as long as he kept his good time. He is staying out of trouble and doing good work on his job, learning skills, etc. He got an excellent score on his psych eval which put him immediately in Minimum in the "privileged" pod.

Advice? Do we start sending letters now? Does he need a parole package?

Letters and/or a package might help his chances for work release. I'm not sure. I think it all depends if he's eligible for parole.

Thank you! I'll check into it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information