I'm new to the system. My fiance is in for 2-5. I have been researching ideas of things to send prisoners to keep them busy. Here are some ideas I have found. Feel free to add to this!
1. Start writing a story (naughty if you are BRAVE), ask them to continue it. Keep it going back and forth.
2. Buy them a subscription to a magazine- there are rules about what kinds of mags. Look it up
3. Pictures of yourself/kids/SCENARY
4. Take photos of you doing something and make it like a flip book movie. For example, Stop to pick a flower and take a photo for each step you make. It turns out almost like a video for them.
5. Make a calendar using homemade photos of the two of you and/or kids. Some prisons won't allow this.
6. I like to print myspace surveys off and do one myself and then send a blank one for him to do!
7. Print news articles online and send.
8. Make your own crossword/word search puzzles using online generators and send. My guy LOVED this.
(Fiance-Matt, Camphill awaitin classification and home prison assignment. Cross your fingers ALBION close to home!!)