+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Green Sheet- Bad News :(

So my husband called me yesterday afternoon to let me know they had received his green sheet & it wasn't the news we were hoping to hear. He told me now he is headed to Rockview Prison to serve 9 months on a PV, we are hoping he gets to stay there since it is closer to home, but he asked the one parole agent who came to see him & he doesn't see why he wouldn't be able to. At first when he told me I guess my hopes of him either coming home or going to a half way house affected me more than I thought they would, I knew the possibility that he could do the 9 months but it still really hurt my heart to hear that he's going to be away from his son & I longer than he already has been. But I got it out of my system, & I like to see the positive in everything, at least this is better financially then county jail, it's only 10 minutes away from the county jail he is at now, we get contact visits, & I get to finally kiss & hug him after these long drawn out 3 months. I know 3 months isn't long to some, but it seems forever for someone you love being away.. This is where God needs him to be at in his life, he has impacted a bunch of imates already in the county jail, he holds his own bible studies every night at first only 3 people were showing up & now a mere 10 people are coming to hear him speak the good Word! I said maybe he now needs to move on to a bigger populate place to touch more lives than he already has, although i'd love more than anything for him to be at home with us, this is where the good Lord needs him! But now I have a lot on my plate again, like telling everyone the news, including breaking to our son that daddy won't be home anytime soon BUT now when we visit he'll get to give him hugs & even do activities with him which will be a lot better for an 8 year old child than sitting in a little room behind glass & talking on the phone!

I also have questions to you ladies who are familiar with the Rockview Prison rules:
    1. What can I or can't I wear in the visits, for instance, can I wear a belt, & I also have a knee brace I have to wear at all times & it does have metal in it, will I be able to wear that?
    2. He's on a PV so when he gets there do you know if he'll be in lock up for 7 days or will he go straight to population?
    3. When he was in county I was able to take cash to the jail to put on his books, how does it work for the prison?
    4. How long until the phone & visitors lists are approved?

They are the only questions I can think of at the moment, if anyone could possibly answer some if not all of my questions I will greatly appreciate it, also I am coming from Lewistown, Pennsylvania if anyone knows of the area, so if anyone in or around my area would ever like to car pool let me know, I would be glad to help out as much as I can Thank you all & God bless!

There is ample time for you to be who you want to be. Don't allow yourself to settle for less than what you think you deserve. Despite the struggles that you might be facing, never let go or give up; put God in the mist & exercise faith in him.

<3His Blue Eyed Beauty<3

Veteran Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been reading your post and you really had high hopes for your husband. Only god knows when it's time for your husband to come home. Everything happens for a reason. That's great that he's preaching gods words to others. 9 months is not that far away. Just take it one day at a time. You and your family are in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by helen1961 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been reading your post and you really had high hopes for your husband. Only god knows when it's time for your husband to come home. Everything happens for a reason. That's great that he's preaching gods words to others. 9 months is not that far away. Just take it one day at a time. You and your family are in my prayers.
    Thank you so much for your kind words, & yes one day at a time is how we are taking it! We have good days & of course there are days where it just seems so unbearable to be away from him! But God is taking good care of him, he is following his Word & helping others which to me he is such a great inspiration! He is ok with going although he is nervous, he said this is the next journey God wants him to take before returning home to his family! If he is ok & has a good aspect on it, then I do also

There is ample time for you to be who you want to be. Don't allow yourself to settle for less than what you think you deserve. Despite the struggles that you might be facing, never let go or give up; put God in the mist & exercise faith in him.

<3His Blue Eyed Beauty<3

I am so sorry to hear this for you and your family...like helen said though, take one day at a time. My husband is at Albion, so I can't say for sure about specifics for Rockview, but I am going to give you the link to all the visiting rules for PA state prisons...you may have already checked it out....http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...............to answer some of the questions in general though, you can wear a belt, but they will make you take it off to go thru security; also NO UNDERWIRE BRA...if you have to wear the knee brace at all times and it does have metal in it, you will have to have a medical slip from your doctor stating that (you can always call Rockview and see if they require a specific form to be filled out)...if you are able to go without it for just a few hours of a visit where you can both sit and stand, then it may just be less hassle for you to take it off and leave it in the car before going into the building and then just put it back on when you leave the visit....just a thought...also, he should go right into general population (my hubby is in on a TPV and that is what he did)...NO CASH EXCEPT FOR VENDING MACHINE $....once you go to the PA DOC website homepage, you will be able to find out all the specifics of visiting times and how much $ you can take into the visiting room, etc...you have to put $ on his books thru JPAY and just search for him by the state and his inmate #....when you send the $, JPAY does charge a fee, just to give you a heads up, but that is the only way state prisoners are able to receive $ for their books and commissary needs....phone and visitors list approval vary on the prison...some are quick (ours were approved as soon as he got to Pittsburgh and then followed him to Camp Hill and then right to Albion), others take longer and I am not sure why....I will tell you and this is very important.....TELL YOUR HUSBAND THAT AS SOON AS HE GETS TO ROCKVIEW, TO ASK HIS COUNSELOR FOR THE DOC-313 FORM TO SEND TO YOU SO THAT YOUR SON CAN GO AND VISIT HIM...IT MUST BE FILLED OUT BY YOU AND SENT BACK ASAP TO HAVE IT APPROVED BY THE COUNSELOR/UNIT MANAGER BEFORE ANY CHILD IS ALLOWED TO VISIT...SOMETIMES THOSE FORMS CAN TAKE UP TO 30DAYS TO APPROVE, THAT IS WHY I AM TELLING YOU THIS...EVEN THOUGH HE IS THE CHILD'S FATHER, THE PARENT THAT ISN'T INCARCERATED HAS TO RELEASE AND ALLOW THE RIGHTS FOR THE CHILD TO GO AND VISIT THE INMATE...IT'S JUST A PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask...this forum has some wonderful, helpful people on it and I am very thankful for it!!! Good Luck and take care

Quote Originally Posted by hrmunee7105 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this for you and your family...like helen said though, take one day at a time. My husband is at Albion, so I can't say for sure about specifics for Rockview, but I am going to give you the link to all the visiting rules for PA state prisons...you may have already checked it out....http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...............to answer some of the questions in general though, you can wear a belt, but they will make you take it off to go thru security; also NO UNDERWIRE BRA...if you have to wear the knee brace at all times and it does have metal in it, you will have to have a medical slip from your doctor stating that (you can always call Rockview and see if they require a specific form to be filled out)...if you are able to go without it for just a few hours of a visit where you can both sit and stand, then it may just be less hassle for you to take it off and leave it in the car before going into the building and then just put it back on when you leave the visit....just a thought...also, he should go right into general population (my hubby is in on a TPV and that is what he did)...NO CASH EXCEPT FOR VENDING MACHINE $....once you go to the PA DOC website homepage, you will be able to find out all the specifics of visiting times and how much $ you can take into the visiting room, etc...you have to put $ on his books thru JPAY and just search for him by the state and his inmate #....when you send the $, JPAY does charge a fee, just to give you a heads up, but that is the only way state prisoners are able to receive $ for their books and commissary needs....phone and visitors list approval vary on the prison...some are quick (ours were approved as soon as he got to Pittsburgh and then followed him to Camp Hill and then right to Albion), others take longer and I am not sure why....I will tell you and this is very important.....TELL YOUR HUSBAND THAT AS SOON AS HE GETS TO ROCKVIEW, TO ASK HIS COUNSELOR FOR THE DOC-313 FORM TO SEND TO YOU SO THAT YOUR SON CAN GO AND VISIT HIM...IT MUST BE FILLED OUT BY YOU AND SENT BACK ASAP TO HAVE IT APPROVED BY THE COUNSELOR/UNIT MANAGER BEFORE ANY CHILD IS ALLOWED TO VISIT...SOMETIMES THOSE FORMS CAN TAKE UP TO 30DAYS TO APPROVE, THAT IS WHY I AM TELLING YOU THIS...EVEN THOUGH HE IS THE CHILD'S FATHER, THE PARENT THAT ISN'T INCARCERATED HAS TO RELEASE AND ALLOW THE RIGHTS FOR THE CHILD TO GO AND VISIT THE INMATE...IT'S JUST A PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask...this forum has some wonderful, helpful people on it and I am very thankful for it!!! Good Luck and take care
    Thank you so much for all of the helpful information! & yes I did read about the form, also about identification.. When I go can I take just my drivers license or do I need 2 forms of identification? I know for my son i'll need his birth certificate & social security card.. I'll be able to go the few hours without the brace, don't want to deal with the hassel of getting a medical slip. & how long does visits usually last, on the website for Rockview it said no less than 1 hour, I really hope we can see each other for more than a hour! Also one more question, can I wear a sweatshirt or a light zip up jacket? That's all I can really think of at the moment, if any more questions come to mind I will be sure to ask, we can never be too sure right? lol But it is getting late here & I got to get up early to get the youngin to school, thank you so much for taking the time to answer whatever questions of mine you could I do really appreciate it all! I love JPAY it has been very helpful thus far

<3His Blue Eyed Beauty<3

Veteran Member

I am so sorry to hear about the bad news

Quote Originally Posted by Elena Frisk View Post
    I am so sorry to hear about the bad news
    Thanks, you would think i'd get used to the bad news but it never gets any easier! But with bad shortly comes good I hope!

<3His Blue Eyed Beauty<3

Veteran Member

I'm sorry that you did not get the news you were so hoping for and it's so hard to have to have your LO appart from you and the kids. Try to stay positive and as you said think of the positive he's close to you so that you can visit easily and honestly the time will go by Is he eligble for gain time or parole? Try to stay in the day for me it's easier than looking at the long road ahead. It is just one step at a time Hang in there, I don't have info about visits as I'm in FL and all states have differant rules
    That which does not break you only makes you stronger

No problem!! We are all in this together!!! You can just take your DL (just make sure the address on it matches what your hubby has as your address in the system)....like i said, my hubby is at Albion, and I drive about an hour to see him and all of our visits have been 5 1/2 hrs each...it just depends on how crowded the visiting room gets...what i have read, most of the prisons give over the hour...they just tell you that so that you know that you are guaranteed at least an hour, nothing less, but also, don't just expect it to be more than an hour...we have been very blessed!!! I don't blame you for not wanting the hassle of the medical form either! NO HOODIES, SO PROBABLY A SWEATSHIRT WITH NO HOOD THAT'S ALL...and i think i have seen cardigans and blazers be worn with no problem....maybe if your zip up jacket has no hood and you don't zip it??? you may just want to call and ask Rockview about that or maybe just make sure you have extra clothes with you to change in to if they don't allow it once you are there....I always take an extra set of clothes for our son and I cuz we all know how picky the PA DOC can be!!! Hope that helps and hopefully you can see him soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hrmunee7105 View Post
    No problem!! We are all in this together!!! You can just take your DL (just make sure the address on it matches what your hubby has as your address in the system)....like i said, my hubby is at Albion, and I drive about an hour to see him and all of our visits have been 5 1/2 hrs each...it just depends on how crowded the visiting room gets...what i have read, most of the prisons give over the hour...they just tell you that so that you know that you are guaranteed at least an hour, nothing less, but also, don't just expect it to be more than an hour...we have been very blessed!!! I don't blame you for not wanting the hassle of the medical form either! NO HOODIES, SO PROBABLY A SWEATSHIRT WITH NO HOOD THAT'S ALL...and i think i have seen cardigans and blazers be worn with no problem....maybe if your zip up jacket has no hood and you don't zip it??? you may just want to call and ask Rockview about that or maybe just make sure you have extra clothes with you to change in to if they don't allow it once you are there....I always take an extra set of clothes for our son and I cuz we all know how picky the PA DOC can be!!! Hope that helps and hopefully you can see him soon!!!
    Thank you so much, you have been so helpful I did plan to take something simple for extra clothing for us just in-case because I will be damned if I get there & they deny me I will be seeing him.. & I am blessed with the distance, we are only 45 minutes or a little more away from each other so that's not too bad, I hope maybe there is someone in the area or even close by that I can help with transportation because I know not everyone has transportation. I just spoke to my husband who is waiting to be moved still to Rockview & some guy who's home prison is Rockview just came to the county jail & he told my husband that they don't do any isolation or anything, he'll go straight to the block! So that makes me happy as soon as he gets there he can set up his visit & phone list & hand them in so I can go visit with him as soon as possible! I am so excited to give him a hug & kiss, I haven't felt his touch in 3 long months

<3His Blue Eyed Beauty<3

Quote Originally Posted by corrinne View Post
    I'm sorry that you did not get the news you were so hoping for and it's so hard to have to have your LO appart from you and the kids. Try to stay positive and as you said think of the positive he's close to you so that you can visit easily and honestly the time will go by Is he eligble for gain time or parole? Try to stay in the day for me it's easier than looking at the long road ahead. It is just one step at a time Hang in there, I don't have info about visits as I'm in FL and all states have differant rules
    He is in on a parole violation, he maxed out when in county the first 3 months but once he got sentenced he has to now do his street time which is 9 months. I am sure these 9 months will fly by, it just sucks & I feel selfish to say this but our whole first year of marriage he has pretty much been incarcerated or we been stressed out with court. But like he's said to me if this is the first year of our marriage just think how good the other years will be, he always knows how to put a smile on my face But the reason I feel selfish is because some of these great woman's husbands have been in for many years of their marriages or they had to get married in prison, kudos to all them wonderful woman because I don't know how they do it.. Love conquers all, so I know that's how they do it But thank you so much for all your kind words, may God bless you & your loved ones!

<3His Blue Eyed Beauty<3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information