+ Reply to Thread

Default Cambridge Springs Women's Prison?

Does anyone know anything about Cambridge Springs women's prison in Pa?

My wife is there now. If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them.

I don't have too many questions haha Do you know of any buses, vans or ride shares that go up there? And how are the programs at Cambridge? Do they have more to offer than at Muncy? Is your wife in the cell section or the low security no doors section? Do you know what they can do up there? Has your wife been there awhile? My partner just got there Last Friday. Has your wife had any issues there? Oh and what about packages? Okay sorry I know that was a lot. I'll stop there. Thank you again for any info

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. If I remember correctly, you live down around Philly somewhere. The PA Prison Society runs a bus to Cambridge about once a month. It leaves from the 30th St. Station. Go to their website for the info you need. They don't offer quite as many programs at Cambridge as at Muncy. At one time they moved my wife back to Muncy just to take a program that they wanted her to have that wasn't offered at Cambridge. My wife has been there a couple times in the past. This time she has been there since November. She is in the "dorms"--5 girls to a room, no doors. The atmosphere there is much more laid back than Muncy, because it's only Level 2 security, as opposed to Level 4 and 5 at Muncy. If you go to visit, you can tell the difference as soon as you arrive. You can walk right in the front door, something that would NEVER happen at Muncy. You can send packages thru the Access Securepak website. Hope this answers your questions.

Hey thank you for getting back to me. It's okay that it was delayed. I know we are all busy taking care of things out here. I live about 45 minutes outside of Philly. I did check into the Prison Society and they have a bus that goes one Monday every other month. I'm hoping I can find another bus b/c I really don't want to wait another month and a half to see her. They don't offer as many programs? The darn lady from Muncy said that Cambridge had a lot more programs. Thats stinks to hear. Yeah my partner just got moved to the dorms yesterday. She said she's with older women. Women close to her age and that there's still a lot of drama going on. I sent her package earlier this week. I'm not sure how long it will take to get there though. Hopefully not long. How laid back are the visits? Do you get touch visits? I mean are they more leniant than Muncy? Have you ever taken the bus up to Cambridge? I'm scared. Also, have you ever tried the virtual visits? Thank you for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding to you. If I remember correctly, you live down around Philly somewhere. The PA Prison Society runs a bus to Cambridge about once a month. It leaves from the 30th St. Station. Go to their website for the info you need. They don't offer quite as many programs at Cambridge as at Muncy. At one time they moved my wife back to Muncy just to take a program that they wanted her to have that wasn't offered at Cambridge. My wife has been there a couple times in the past. This time she has been there since November. She is in the "dorms"--5 girls to a room, no doors. The atmosphere there is much more laid back than Muncy, because it's only Level 2 security, as opposed to Level 4 and 5 at Muncy. If you go to visit, you can tell the difference as soon as you arrive. You can walk right in the front door, something that would NEVER happen at Muncy. You can send packages thru the Access Securepak website. Hope this answers your questions.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    Love never fails

I've been at Cambridge twice. Both times I drove there to pick up someone who was leaving; so I don't know anything about visits, but just from my experience going there to pick someone up, the atmosphere there is much, much more relaxed than Muncy. As I mentioned previously, you drive up to the main building and go right in the front door (that would probably get you shot at Muncy lol). I've never done a virtual visit 'cuz they're only available from Philly.

Thank you so much again Herbie for your help. It is much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    I've been at Cambridge twice. Both times I drove there to pick up someone who was leaving; so I don't know anything about visits, but just from my experience going there to pick someone up, the atmosphere there is much, much more relaxed than Muncy. As I mentioned previously, you drive up to the main building and go right in the front door (that would probably get you shot at Muncy lol). I've never done a virtual visit 'cuz they're only available from Philly.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    Love never fails

The prison society has a bus program that goes to Mercer and Cambridge Springs tickets are $40.00 round trip....... The next bus is April 15th. I drive but I normally catch the Prison Society bus at 30th & Market to go see my Boyfriend.

Hey Shy, are you going to be on that trip for the 15th of April? I'm sending in my $ today for that trip. Maybe we could meet up at the train station b/c I'm coming from the burbs on the train and I'm scared haha. It would be great to meet you and actully have someone to talk to. Do you mind telling me how the ride and overall trip is? I'm so nervous. I drive everywhere but my partner doesn't want me to drive that far alone so I'm taking the bus and I hate buses. Will I be safe sitting at 30th street station that late at night? I think the last train will bring me in around 12:30am. Not quite sure. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyboy View Post
    The prison society has a bus program that goes to Mercer and Cambridge Springs tickets are $40.00 round trip....... The next bus is April 15th. I drive but I normally catch the Prison Society bus at 30th & Market to go see my Boyfriend.
    Love never fails

yea hun I will be on the trip....... That sounds great. I only caught the bus there twice and It seemed pretty cool to me. I really enjoy the ride. I'll inbox you my number so we could chat off here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsR4girls View Post
    Hey Shy, are you going to be on that trip for the 15th of April? I'm sending in my $ today for that trip. Maybe we could meet up at the train station b/c I'm coming from the burbs on the train and I'm scared haha. It would be great to meet you and actully have someone to talk to. Do you mind telling me how the ride and overall trip is? I'm so nervous. I drive everywhere but my partner doesn't want me to drive that far alone so I'm taking the bus and I hate buses. Will I be safe sitting at 30th street station that late at night? I think the last train will bring me in around 12:30am. Not quite sure. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information