+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Detainer

Default Detainer

Long story short. Tom has a detainer from NJ for V.O.P. He was Nj Probation with PA supervising. The violation was a firearm which is a felony (bc he was on probation for a felony),that is what he is currently serving 3-7 for. My question is what is the best,cheapest way to take care of NJ. The Interstate Compact Agreement allows NJ to run his time concurrent with PA. The NJ judge seemed to be okay with that. But before we could get him back into court in NJ for a sentence that was suppose to be run concurrent his ******* lawyer reschedule the NJ court hearing (indefinitely) without his consent or mine and he got sent to State. SO now it seems that it is going to be a ***** to get him back in there. So he has a detainer which will keep him from getting pre release when that time comes.
    The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
    ~ Walter Whitman[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Veteran Member

i think after he is done with PA he will be transported to NJ and go to court there and hopefully they give him time served. and let him out after that. have you tried to contact the lawyer and request that he get video court set up for the violation?

Pre-parole 7/22/11 Parole 8/12/11 Greensheet 9/29/11 Homeplan Check 11/18/11 Homeplan Approved 12/16/11 Home 1/17/12

my man has a holder as well although we are in ohio though... But I called to see if we could get it taken care of while he was serving his time(he missed court bc he was already locked up) and well here they won't let him.... He has to finish his time then they are going to transfer him back here an he will go in front of the judge an see what they give him.... I think it is a bunch of bs.... They should be able to take care of it all at one time.......... I feel your frustration girl
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently the county he has the VOP charge that has the detainer on him doens't do the video court thing. This is especially frustrating because but for the fact that his attorney was an ******* he would be serving a concurrent sentence right now without a detainer but his attorney cancelled his sentencing,so he was transported from county right to state.
    DNL1010- that would likely be what happened,that he serve his time here and then be sent back to NJ get a "time served" and then be back home. But the problem is that with the detainer he can not apply for/get pre-release. He was in the law library and the one guy that works in there has been in for a LONG TIME and told Tom to get the name of the judge,the docket #,probation officer and prosecuters name,that he will draft a letter to the judge and criminal case management and take care of it for him,he said that the likelihood is that they are going to send him a paper that says that he will be sentenced to the maximum for the VOP (3 years) and that they will run it concurrent with PA. I spoke with an attorney in NJ that told me that if they run his sentence concurrent that he will be credited for everyday he has already served. The problem is that money is an issue and hiring another attorney is not in my budget. I love my husband but I have 7 kids to take care of and I am not having them do without for a 300.00 an hour attorney that can do what this inmate in prison can do for free. He is an older gentlemen about to max out a 20-40 yr sentence in 14 months. He has done this for many other inmates and bc of the interstate compact agreement in most cases if it just a VOP,they run it concurrent and call it a day. The problem now is that his PO (who hates me) is not calling me back to give the docket # and the name of the DA on the case.
    The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
    ~ Walter Whitman[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information