+ Reply to Thread

Default Marrying inmate @ Camphill

I was looking all over the web for answers.. hopefully some of u guys can help me.. im engaged to be married.. my fiance is incarcerated at camphill.. we want to get married while he is there but not really sure how to go about this.. can any1 give me some pointers on who to call, where to go etc.. id really appreciate it!!

doelo

petition the court---i did but that was for luzerene county for sci. i have the documents i used, and our date is for 2/18/11

AlwaysTogether

we r in michigan and our date is 5/13/11 we had 2 start w the chaplain at the prison he was able 2 provide us w all the info we needed
    Posted via Mobile Device

Girl its not easy we had our marriage license and camphill would not do it. We have been fighting to get married for 4 yrs now while he is inside and no one will allow it at least in our case. So we are waiting until he comes home. Best of luck

Always Together Never Apart
    J & C
    Never well we part

an overview

at camphill they might not do it because that institute is busy classifying the inmates,
    if yu wait till he goes to his "home" jail, he has to fill out paperwork to talk to his counselor. the counselor will get both of yu up there & have a sit down and go over the sentencing and things like that, and pretty much judge if you two should be married, and after that, if approved, you have to venture off and get the license (in pa, doesnt matter which county its purchased, they can be purchased and used in seperate counties) but both parties have to be their for notary of it, (some prisons bring a notary person out) but for inmates most prisons wont provide transportation so yu have to petition the court to use their video conference equipment.. and then after all that is done, the counselor will set a date. and be there or be square.

camphill is def annoying.. i cant get anything out of them..

Dre has been at camphill since oct 2010.. he was told he would be classified within 90 days but it has past that and i know they cant tell him when hes going due to breach of security but is there anyway i would know if camphill is or end up his "home" jail? i live 45 minutes away from camphil.. he has like 2 years to go so im thinkin maybe theyll keep him there .. i hope anyway..

so first i have to petition the court?? or does he do that?.. i need details lol.. u know baby steps lol.. i have no idea what to do or where to go.. as far as dre getting in contact with a couselor.. do u think it would be a good idea for him to try to do that now since we are not sure hes at his home jail or not??

thanks for all the feedback so far.. i really appreciate it.. u guys have no idea!!

i know nothing of the marriage part but my guy was there 3 months and then they told him that it would be his home prison ...sucks because I am 3 hours away, but could be worse..he has been there since sept 15....and home prison or not, he should already have a counselor to talk to so,he needs to ask they should be able to tell him something at least....good luck
    ***MISSING MY SUNSHINE***

AlwaysTogether

why they make it so damn hard for people to get married...its their business if they wanna do it or not, thats how i look at it.its a few steps here in michigan too but thank god its a lot less frustrating than pa.my hardest thing i had to do so far was find a pastor cuz nobody wanted to do weddings in a prison, but now i have a pastor, witness, rings just waiting to get the license for it and waiting for the day.he doesnt have to be present when i get the license either, he will just have to sign once the day we picked comes.good luck to all of you ladies who are working on this, hope it works out eventually, im sure it will

I talked to dre today n told him to put in a request to speak wit a counselor so well c how it goes.. he made me his power of attorney to get all the necessary documents to at least get the license.. I'm pretty sure i can get that without him present right? Even if the wedding isn't possible yet.. I still would like to get that at least..
    @missingmysunshine since ur guy has been there 1 month longer than dre has hopefully they'll tell him too soon.. I hope anyway.. cuz anywhere else he goes would b hours away n my schedule is already busy.. I like seeing him every wk ... its nice. It really helps me cop..
    Posted via Mobile Device

i deff wouldnt go for the license until its for sure cause tit does expire. and they can set any day they want upon approval

doelo

i can mail the petition documents i used to petition the court if u need be license will expire after 60 days of being issued so u have to move fast

Quote Originally Posted by doelo View Post
    i can mail the petition documents i used to petition the court if u need be license will expire after 60 days of being issued so u have to move fast
    That would b awesome.. my email is tashahargrove@gmail.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

N jus an update. Dre was moved like 3 days ago rockview.. now.instead of 45 min away. He's 2.5 hours away.. sucks but at least I kno he's staying put til its over.. ima try to get the ball rolling now 4 sure!
    Posted via Mobile Device

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information