+ Reply to Thread

Default PLEASE HELP - Need info about Parole Violation Hearing

Have question about the parole violation hearing.

Did PD represent and was he any good?

Was inmate notified at the hearing whether or not the violation charges were being dropped?

If there was complainaint or witnesses did they show up and if not was it postponed?

Was it a Panel or just Hearing Examine and is the process different?

If charges dropped, do they still have to go back to home prison to be released?

Thanks for any info

There is PD avaible for inmates for parole hearings not sure how good they are or not depends on inividual people. The panel and hearing examine are different, not sure how though...And I can't help on the rest, I am sorry.... My boyfriend waived his hearing until his dui was taken care of..

Thanks again. I wish we could post a board where the steps are listed and we post our individual experiences with in the different steps. Knowing what is currently being done in similiar situations at least gives you a range.
    Even though it seems with the Parole Board, they got from here to infinity!

For a PD or lawyer... it depends if its his prelim hearing before the revocation hearing or an actual revocation hearing... I was told by one of the top lawyers in my county, that for a revocation hearing, it's pretty pointless for a lawyer to be there because they will just get the facts and take it back to the parole board and they will come up with their decision. His exact words were 'If I wanted to be a dick like most lawyers and get some really easy money, I'd say, yeah I'll represent you and go to the revocation hearing. But the truth is, There isn't a damn thing I can do because it's not like a hearing before a judge, the facts are already there, and thats it.' Now, if it's the prelim hearing where they will decide what charges/violations are he is going to get, then yes, a lawyer will be able to help to an extent, if he really shouldn't be getting the violations.

K was actually talked to by a representative from our county parole office before his hearing. She told him when his revocation hearing is and showed him what violations they will be putting against him. He is only going in front of an examiner for the board, who will then take the info and his file back to the board for them to make their decision. I don't have any more information on that until after the 31st, that's when his hearing is.

Thanks all for the info. Really does help. D was detained on 12/22, had prelim on 4th and hearing examiner said while a lot of conflicting evidence, there still seemed to be probable cause. Lawyer said he wasn't surprised because probable cause is 51% chance. Easy to find. Hearing examiner said he would however, request expedited hearing. Graterford Parole Hearing office (yes they have an office just for Parole Hearings at Graterford) said not scheduled yet but probably beginning of Feb.

PO said a decision would be made at hearing. If no tech violation he'll find out then. If tech Board will determine hit. Either way, after that looks like off to home prison where he'll do hit or be released.

Sucks....

K was detained on 12/22 also... damn that date lol. He waived his prelim tho because he had already been found guilty of the DUI so it was pointless.. I've heard that they don't need any evidence... they'll take anything that gives them the thought that he did something/anything to violate. K got lucky and his PO didn't write down any technicals so he is just getting the convicted. Now it's just waiting for the green sheet afterwards that is going to suck. Pine Grove also has a hearing office there, which is where his revocation will be.. but it's just with an examiner and the PO inside. We're just keeping our fingers crossed that he doesn't get hit too bad... he's been off of parole since June 1st.. and hasn't been in trouble since. The DUI is from over a year ago, but he wasn't charged with it until November 2010... so he's still paying for his past mistakes.. hopefully this is the last time he'll have to deal with all this crap..
    And I agree 100%... completely SUCKS!

Ridiculous - like they an angry mom going back for 2 months of back child support when the kid is 30!

Making a man miss Christmas for an OLD DUI? Heartless. Next year on 22nd, we going to the movies and staying all day long! They can't find you in there! He may have some pretzel money owed from kindergarden they wanna lock him back up for!

Aint that the truth!!!! Nothing but heartless... yet they want everyone to better themselves and get outta the system?!?! Yeah right... feed us another lie. Hahahahahahahaha.... Hell, we are definitely hiding when any holiday is near from now on! But seriously... they waited over a year to get him, like they couldn't wait another week!?!?!!? Ugh.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information