+ Reply to Thread

Default SCI Pine Grove???

Is anyone familiar with SCI Pine Grove? I need some information on visiting (how often we can visit if we are on his list), what we can send or can't send, how much phone calls and all that cost so I know how much I should at least put on his books... any information would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to look up online, but the answers vary and the information is never the same.

Veteran Member

Check out the PA DOC link for pine grove

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...ne_grove/11402

If you have more questions or it doesn't explain everything, just send me a PM

you can send $, cards (but nothing with glue and such like kids crafts), you can send books or magazine, but they need to come from the vendor. You will not know how much the calls are until he calls and you get the bill or he see the balance on his phone card. Visiting is Mon, Fri, Sat and Sun from 8:30 am -3:30 pm. No visits on Tues, Wed, or Thurs

Thank you... I just want to make sure that he has enough money for whatever he has to have right now and that he has enough to be able to call. I saw the visiting hours, am I allowed to visit more than one day? Can I go both Saturday and Sunday every week? Or are they only allowed so many visits?

Veteran Member

It is best to call Pine Grove to find out the specifics on visiting. I would also wait for him to tell you how much he may need.

Here is the number
    724) 465-9630

Yea, I've called quite a few times... they won't tell me anything... and they are rather ignorant also... thank you again for you help

Veteran Member

That's weird. They should be able to tell you simple things about visiting. Can you have his parents call?

I call Houtzdale and spoke with the counselor.

Maybe you should be able to do that? How about writing your mate a letter and asking him the questions you have about visiting.

Yeah I've wrote him letters asking... but I still haven't received any letters back. As far as I know, he was supposed to be moved into General Population tomorrow. Because of the holidays, they weren't able to tell me who his counselor is and all that because they are mostly out on vacation... I'm hoping he got set up yesterday... I just want to make sure he has enough money mainly... but I will find out in time... I just can't stand this being in the dark and knowing nothing crap... it's so aggravating on top of the emotional stress of just being away from him and knowing that he is there and probably depressed out of his mind

Veteran Member

I'm sure when he is in general population, he will respond to all your letters. He will receive 8 stamps and 8 envelopes from the state,so he will be able to write you right away.

I can understand how you feel, but I know you will hear something soon.

I hope you're right... there are just so many unanswered questions and concerns... but I know I have to be patient and that in time I will get the answers. It's just hard, I'm trying to be patient, it's just not working out so well. And with our luck, it's going to take forever for him to go to the Parole Board... I just keep praying it doesn't. I know I need to be strong for him, but I can't find the strength right now... I don't know how to stop the tears... I'm honestly completely lost without him

Veteran Member

With the DOC, patience is a virtue. Let me tell you, I am one of the most inpatient people in the world, but I am managing to be patient with this jail time as I have no other choice. There are days that I tell him, I can't do this anymore, but I know I can. I just get frustrated because I am doing his bid with him. He has been gone since 2008, so just imagine the amount of patience I have practiced in that timeframe and still have more to learn.

Here is a quote for you..
    "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have"

You are stronger than you may think.

i put 100 on my dudes books everymonth, a little over 20 a week. and that lasts him the whole month. as far as the phone, it takes 4eveerr to get on the list at pine grove. lik 2-3 weeks. but most of the ppl he calls have collects on their house phone. so thats not even a problem.mine was transfered over in october n is in the bootcamp program, and hes still waiting to b put in gen pop. should b in there january though.

everytime i call up pinegrove they dnt really cop an attitude. there nice when i call, they say yes maam, no maam. thank yu and please. an always wish me a good day. thats odd they got an attutude with yu..

Yeah... he said he was just moved to general population but that he won't have a phone card or anything set up until hopefully sometime next week, which will be around 2 weeks. He's been there before so he knows the process, but I don't. He also has to have his hearing for the parole violation within 14 days of being there but they still haven't told him when it's scheduled for, and unfortunately he won't be able to call and tell me because his phone card still won't be set up by then. I'm not sure why they were ignorant either, I'm thinking it might just be because it's the holidays and of course they are short staffed because everyone is out until the new year. Have you visited him at Pine Grove? What's it like and how often can you visit? I work Mondays and Fridays but would like to visit him every Saturday and Sunday when he's allowed visits... just not sure if I can visit him 2 days in a row or not...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information